NECA Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA updated their site recently with some info on the line:

https://necaonline.com/36235/blog/press-releases/announcing-the-django-unchained-product-line-by-neca/

Most we've already heard before, but there's mention of a "full apparel and accessories line" and the release date is apparently November.

I'm glad we're going to get these a little sooner than expected, but i'm worried a little about the clothes and stuff they're also doing. They don't actually say "Initial line of figures out in November", something more nebulous; along the lines of "initial product out in November". Call me paranoid, but i hope they don't do what they're dong with portal 2 and just release replicas and costumes and **** before getting around to the goodstuff.

I wish these were done in 1:6 scale. They will be cool figures but I only collect 1:6 scale. I'd have to display them separately.

For me the 8" size ists no interssting.
They figures dont fit to the 6" Plastic figures.

18" figures with better Paint Jobs an real clothing was realy nice.
Not so expensive like the Enterbay figures, butmore expensive than the normal 18" figures.

It was cool if Neca make a high ore middle End line for Collectors.

Im a big fan from Predator and Terminator, but Hot Toys and Sideshow ar nor so accurate as neca an to expensive for me.

Im exciting about the Django Neca Sculpts.

If these turn out all right (in terms of sales and overall quality), i hope neca considers doing other licenses in this style. I absolutely adore cloth figs, i think its more interesting to look at and touch then plain plastic figs, but prices and lack of interesting licenses mean i mostly stick with plastic figs. Hope neca does something to change that.

The prices i was offered these at by the UK Neca distributor would make these around £25-£28 retail.

So, any news on these?
It's nearly November already; i'd have thought NECA would have posted some reveals by now, unless they're going to push them back until next year:(

The movie looks great. Not excited about any products just yet -gotta see how they look first.

When the hell is Neca going to release photos of these figures? I wrote to them, asking what was up with them and they said the figures would be released before the movie, which comes out in America in five days. In my experience, most figures have information and photos of prototypes before they are seen on store shelves. Neca just told me we'd be getting them, "Very soon". That was like five days ago. I wouldn't be wondering so much, and I'd be more patient, if Christmas weren't so near.

These sound like they could be awesome... but at $25/each... ouch!

NECA kinda sorta had a pic of these up. But it was a fan pic! They said official pics are coming either today or tomorrow. So weird they've been holding them back. The packaging isn't as fun as I imagined it would be. I wish they'd gone for more of a retro feel.

200028_461045087291215_1310951366_n.jpg

Last edited:
Pics are up:

56132d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45521_django_pkg.jpg

56142d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45522_schultz_pkg.jpg

56152d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45523_candie_pkg.jpg

56162d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45524_stephen_pkg.jpg

56172d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45525_broomhilda_pkg.jpg

56182d1356037560-necas-django-unchained-8-action-figures-45526_butch_pkg.jpg

These sound like they could be awesome... but at $25/each... ouch!

NECA kinda sorta had a pic of these up. But it was a fan pic! They said official pics are coming either today or tomorrow. So weird they've been holding them back. The packaging isn't as fun as I imagined it would be. I wish they'd gone for more of a retro feel.

Interesting that you wish these were more retro; because i was about to post that these feel too retro!

I understand that megos were the inspiration behind this line, but i think somewhere in the back of my head i was hoping these would resemble scaled down 1/6 figs...these are nice though, in a kooky sort of way; it's just that i feel in this day and age with toy prices the way they are a lot of collectors expect a level of detail and paint to go with the price tag, and whilst these have that "nostalgic charm" i'm not really wiling to shell out 25 bucks for one.

They will probably be around $18 at some stores, I would guess.

I like Mego-style figures but these don't look that fantastic to me. Apart from Samuel L. Jackson, they all have a kind of charmless, bland/dead look to them. They're not God awful to the point that I have no interest but I don't think they're good either. And the clothing - the suits in particular - look like they were trying to be purposely bad instead of just trying to do good and seeing what comes from that. It looks like they're thinking, 'The key to the Mego-look is clothing that doesn't fit perfectly, so one thing we wanna do is cut the sleeves double the size...' I feel like many of these Mego-like figures coming out do this instead of just trying to make nice cloth action figure and letting the 'retro-feel' or 'Mego quality' just naturally come out from the limits of the scale and materials.

It's completely possible to cut clothing to fit well at this scale and also cut clothing well and keep the Mego feel. It seems to me that the Presidential Monsters are one example of this:

685deaa0e3fe2262cf2b122784a17637.jpg

Still, I might end up buying some - I'm not completely out. We'll see when there are pictures out of the box.

Last edited:
Oh lawd, if i had some money to spare i'd pick up that Barrackula in a heart beat, just the sort of ridiculous, campy fun every toy shelf needs, but sadly my funds are tied up boring, non-vampire-president purchases:(

How funny that they release the pictures the same day that I start moaning about not having any pictures haha. I already pre-ordered the Django from Forbidden Planet. Hopefully it's the same story with these as it was when I last preordered something from Forbidden. They ended up stocking them in their stores weeks before the preorders were even shipped. If it's the same with these, I'll be able to get them a bit earlier.

I understand why people aren't super excited about these, but I am. I think they are awesome. I don't think the Django figure looks bad at all, and I may even preorder another one because they are 33% off right now of FP's website. I just don't know which other one to get...

I read the script and like a lot of the characters. I just don't think I'll get more than two of these. Anybody have any idea which other one I should get to accompany Django?

I think they turned out AMAZING, seeing the close-up pics! Far better than some retro lines out there. I just pre-ordered all of them.

If you're only going for two, I'd get Schultz, personally.

I think they turned out AMAZING, seeing the close-up pics! Far better than some retro lines out there. I just pre-ordered all of them.

If you're only going for two, I'd get Schultz, personally.

You're getting all of them? Lucky. I'm just too poor to get all of them, but I'd love to. :)

I was considering Schultz, and I think I may go for him. Didn't Tarantino say Candie is his first villain he's written that he truly hates? If that's the case...damn, he sounds awesome, but he might be just a bit TOO evil for my collection of merry action figures haha.

Yeah, I just went for it. Hopefully the pre-order doesn't go through for a few more days!

Candie would probably be my #3 choice if I were only getting two figures. I definitely think that'd be the top ones.

Back