NECA - Hateful 8 - 8" mixed media

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Hateful Eight Clothed Action Figures | NECAOnline.com

Hateful8-375x300.jpg

I figured after the Django debacle that we wouldn't see these, but good on NECA and Weinstein Co. for going forward.

I like 'em. Sure I'll have to see the movie first to decide if I would want any, but they're pretty cool looking, and from what I can tell the outfits are awfully complex, which likely justifies the higher price.

Anyone just get a looming/bad/disappointed feeling about society and people when you realize that NECA has to put this into the press release in the first place?

"These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer."

I like 'em. Sure I'll have to see the movie first to decide if I would want any, but they're pretty cool looking, and from what I can tell the outfits are awfully complex, which likely justifies the higher price.

Anyone just get a looming/bad/disappointed feeling about society and people when you realize that NECA has to put this into the press release in the first place?

"These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer."

It's a reference to their who Django debacle.

These recent NECA mixed media figures are just confusing to me as the heads are really nice, but the outfits tend to be very Mego-ish. I can't tell if they are supposed to be stylized retro bad or if they're just bad. I wish they'd just stick to their realistic, all plastic figures they specialize in. In any case, I hope these make it out without a fuss like the Django figures ending up with. Still can't believe the stupidity of people these days.

I think they are in a learning process regarding clothed/mixed media figures...
I'm not sure they'll ever delve into 1/6 territory, but regardless of their future plans, the Mego-sized figures are a great testing ground: they have the appeal of the retro-styled figures and allow them to hone their skills if and when they decide to venture into larger scales.

NECA Retro's are more superior to 8" Mego with much more realism and detail.They have added more articulation to the body too...you can see that with there current retro's

Hi - We have adjusted our pricing to $239.99 for this case instead of the original $274.99. Your preorders have been adjusted, thanks so much for buying from BBTS!

$30.00 each, plus shipping. Much better.

Back