NECA Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just look at Cabbage patch Kids or if you don't remember those Beanie Babies they were hot every one went mad trying to get them and the prices shot up,but now they are worthless.
The media told people they were controversial that equals hot and they could make money on them causing a demand and now it has died down the prices have too.

And we will prolly look back and say the same thing. "I spent $270 on a 12 inch Batman figure. And $300 on a big green doll with nothing but ripped pants on."

Just look at Cabbage patch Kids or if you don't remember those Beanie Babies they were hot every one went mad trying to get them and the prices shot up,but now they are worthless.
The media told people they were controversial that equals hot and they could make money on them causing a demand and now it has died down the prices have too.

:exactly: I really hope I can get myself a Django sometime soon.

I saw a set of 5 for $1100 (talked down to $875) at a con over the weekend that were neatly stacked together side-to-side in a nice glass lockable case. Of the 5, Broomhilda was not included.

My LCS got a set in, they range from $75 to $135 a piece (django is 135, leo is 125, and one is 75 with the last being 90 ish I think) Didnt realize these were so sought after

edit: as for the price being slightly lowered I think I know why... My LCS had an order in from the start for 4 cases, when they were cancelled he assumed he would get them, then a couple weeks ago the distributor called and asked if he still wanted them so they sent em along... Found stock somewhere I guess

Last edited:
My LCS got a set in, they range from $75 to $135 a piece (django is 135, leo is 125, and one is 75 with the last being 90 ish I think) Didnt realize these were so sought after

edit: as for the price being slightly lowered I think I know why... My LCS had an order in from the start for 4 cases, when they were cancelled he assumed he would get them, then a couple weeks ago the distributor called and asked if he still wanted them so they sent em along... Found stock somewhere I guess

Did he have Broomhilda?

I ordered Django from Tonynk for $130. Too much, I know, but better than any of the other prices. I like the movie,...not a huge fan,....but I also like controversial items. The whip marks on the back of the figure sealed the deal to order. I think I want a Stephen too, but haven't decided.

I ordered Django from Tonynk for $130. Too much, I know, but better than any of the other prices. I like the movie,...not a huge fan,....but I also like controversial items. The whip marks on the back of the figure sealed the deal to order. I think I want a Stephen too, but haven't decided.

Out of curiosity ... what other "controversial items" have you liked? Interesting concept for collecting.

SnakeDoc

Not really the concept of my collecting, per say. I don't really iron myself to any one particular thing (except my 1/6 figs are all 80's related).

That said,...I have an OJ Simpson signed mini helmet. Only got Django based on the idea they may never touch it again....I'm a Tarantino film fan and the box is set-up so it can display unopened.

Like most,...a Vincent and Jules in 1/6 would be all the Tarantino I would really ever need in that scale. Hope it happens.

Heh. That OJ thing is interesting. I was kinda hoping you had a big collection of stuff that pissed people off. Like the guy in American Beauty with the Nazi plate (not that I'm comparing a Django toy to Nazi paraphernalia ... just the first example that came to mind).

SnakeDoc

Heh. That OJ thing is interesting. I was kinda hoping you had a big collection of stuff that pissed people off. Like the guy in American Beauty with the Nazi plate (not that I'm comparing a Django toy to Nazi paraphernalia ... just the first example that came to mind).

SnakeDoc

This is only loosely related, but my Government/History/Economics (the class was actually called American Problems...weird, but an incredibly unique class) teacher in high school owns tons of genuine artifacts from the Holocaust, including Hitler Youth promotional posters that used to be plastered throughout Europe, a Nazi-written and distributed propaganda book made for children that had pictures of "Jews" (the illustrations actually made them look like monsters covered in dirt) and had pages like, "This is David. David is a Jew. David likes to steal your money", half-burned books, toddler shoes that were also charred and burned...horrible. But he brought all this stuff in one day and showed us.

I don't own any historical artifacts, but I find collections from WWII really interesting, and thought-provoking.

Django?? where to buy?

I understand these were created by Neca? Never hit the shelves but there are a few wondering around ? Anyone know where or have seen anyone with these figures ?? Looking to buy

Re: Django?? where to buy?

I've seen one or two in Dallas Vintage Toys-great toy shop in Dallas, TX. Give them a call, if he doesn't have them in stock, he can probably find them for you-214-827-7060. They are closed on Sunday & Monday.

Re: Django?? where to buy?

If you're looking to buy them, be prepared to spend a TON of money. Individual figures go for hundreds!

What is "tons" in number lol and how many of these are floating around ? Has anyone got candie? (Caprio)

Does anyone know how many were produced ??? Broomhilda, djangos wife has been listed for $1000, was she really limited ? So fascinating , ide love to know how many of each figure was produced

Does anyone know how many were produced ??? Broomhilda, djangos wife has been listed for $1000, was she really limited ? So fascinating , ide love to know how many of each figure was produced

They all were. Neca was forced to stop immediately as these were being shipped to the very first few of sellers (meaning shops, online retailers, etc.
). I really don't think they had the chance to physically produce many of each character. It's pretty much agreed by everyone I've talked to that Broomhilda is the rarest of them all. If I remember right, it was said that when sellers would receive shipments of these figures, there'd only be one Broomhilda in each box, while there were multiples of all the others. She's super rare, and I think it's because she was going to be the rarest of the line anyway.

I did so much research in the past 2 days on these. Apparently around 1000 figures produced but could be 900 of the 5 main figured and 100 of broomhilda, but couldn't find any other info. Amazing

[Like most,...a Vincent and Jules in 1/6 would be all the Tarantino I would really ever need in that scale. Hope it happens.[/QUOTE]

RAINMAN made 1/6 Jules and Vincent.

Back