1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I can't buy a figure with visible joints. That ugly neck joint is horible to look at.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I don't see a neck joint in the last two pages?...

The new pics aren't really doing much for me. I know it'll look better in person but I just scanned the specs/pics and I'm not too excited for this one. $200 for this bare bones release is a rip the more I think about it. All she has is that dinky pistol.

When I get mine, I'll probably look it over, take the exclusive cowl/mask and give it to the DX 12 that I have as the Hong Kong jump version. Then I'll probably sell this Catwoman figure off (unless it somehow manages to really impress me in person).

catcomp_zps42c59471.jpg

Looks like they spent to much time focusing on Iron Man. :clap Way to go Hot Toys.

If the mask is removable then it'll be easy to fix her hair if it gets ****ed up on top. Don't want her lookin like Joe dirt with a mask on

The new pics aren't really doing much for me. I know it'll look better in person but I just scanned the specs/pics and I'm not too excited for this one. $200 for this bare bones release is a rip the more I think about it. All she has is that dinky pistol.

When I get mine, I'll probably look it over, take the exclusive cowl/mask and give it to the DX 12 that I have as the Hong Kong jump version. Then I'll probably sell this Catwoman figure off (unless it somehow manages to really impress me in person).

So much to ask for a 200 bucks.....

There is no way that picture on the right is just a bad angle. It looks like something Mattel would do.

I don't see a neck joint in the last two pages?...

That is the problem. Hot Toys carefully selects mostly pics that avoids showing the area behind the ears where the ugly doll like visible joint is. The bigger problem is when our fellow members get it in hand they will also only post pictures taken from angles that avoid showing the eyesore neck joint. That pisses me off because it does a disservice to people considering the figure.

The last Hot Toys Terminator had that ugly neck joint below the ears and ugly seam in the head but good luck finding any in hand pics that showed them. Our fellow members want their figures to look its best so they carefully weed out picts that shows those things.

Our fellow members want their figures to look its best so they carefully weed out picts that shows those things.

nothing wrong with that.

there's nothing wrong with pointing out perceived "issues", but there's also nothing wrong with enjoying the piece and making it look good.

i'd rather know she can look good, even if she might have a few minor quibbles.

catcomp_zps42c59471.jpg

Looks like they spent to much time focusing on Iron Man. :clap Way to go Hot Toys.

Can't really blame Hot Toys... bland actress, bland costume, bland character. Notice how this is first bump in the road of spot on Batman sculpts?

So glad I passed on TDKR figures now.

some days i think i want to go into all the iron man threads and talk about how i don't really like iron man and i'm so glad i'm not buying any of the mark I-LIIX figures because what the h, i can't tell any of them apart anyway.

and then i remember how douchey that is.

Notice how this is first bump in the road of spot on Batman sculpts?

bump? what bump? all right, fess up: who knocked up cats?

Everyone stop worrying about Catwoman. Hot Toys is going to give her some beau line and she'll be fine.

Ok, who unlocked the door under the bridge to let out the trolls? :impatient:

Do you know the meaning of visible?

Do you know who has visible joints? Every human on the planet. Do you know the meaning of visible? You complain that every photo hides what you consider an ugly joint - could that be because the neck joint is difficult to see unless you flip the figure around and lift the hair? It's not something that will be visible in normal posing, so why care so much about it? Will you take off her cat suit and complain they didn't root hair on her vag? They more than likely skipped painting areolas too. You know these figures are not anatomically correct right? :cuckoo:

In-hand pictures don't go out of their way to show an "ugly doll like visible joint" because it's not something you will see in anyone's collection when they futz and pose. That's really the bottom line. It's not a collector issue and it's not a Hot Toys issue. It's simply a product of creating these kinds of figures - which are in fact a type of doll after all. You can't eliminate a joint if you want articulation and you can't eliminate a seam unless you skin over the joint.

Maybe you're a statue collector. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, but this isn't a statue thread, and if that's your bag, you should be up front about it and stop pointlessly trolling.

I've just pre ordered this figure. Can't wait for her.

And all this discussion over the right hand photo... I'm not being funny or wanting to point out the obvious, but, if it were an official hot toys photo, would it or would it not, have all the hot toys logos and such at the bottom of the photo. Ooh I dunno, maybe like the left photo??

Back