1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I've just pre ordered this figure. Can't wait for her.

And all this discussion over the right hand photo... I'm not being funny or wanting to point out the obvious, but, if it were an official hot toys photo, would it or would it not, have all the hot toys logos and such at the bottom of the photo. Ooh I dunno, maybe like the left photo??

It's not an official photo. It was taken by someone who attended one of those showcase events HT has been putting up lately. They also had the 1/6 Bat behind her.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Yeah exactly.

So everyone calm down! Lol.

It's the same old story. If you want her, you'll buy her. If you don't, you won't. Just don't get folk who post up they're not getting this figure, don't like the actress or the character or the film.

Really???

So why you even looking at this thread? Lol

Ok, who unlocked the door under the bridge to let out the trolls? :impatient:

Do you know who has visible joints? Every human on the planet. Do you know the meaning of visible? You complain that every photo hides what you consider an ugly joint - could that be because the neck joint is difficult to see unless you flip the figure around and lift the hair? It's not something that will be visible in normal posing, so why care so much about it? Will you take off her cat suit and complain they didn't root hair on her vag? They more than likely skipped painting areolas too. You know these figures are not anatomically correct right? :cuckoo:

In-hand pictures don't go out of their way to show an "ugly doll like visible joint" because it's not something you will see in anyone's collection when they futz and pose. That's really the bottom line. It's not a collector issue and it's not a Hot Toys issue. It's simply a product of creating these kinds of figures - which are in fact a type of doll after all. You can't eliminate a joint if you want articulation and you can't eliminate a seam unless you skin over the joint.

Maybe you're a statue collector. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, but this isn't a statue thread, and if that's your bag, you should be up front about it and stop pointlessly trolling.

Wow you are totally clueless. Let me make this simple so even you can understand. Figures like the Avengers Thor and Captain America (masked head only) does a great job of hiding the ugly joints. Figures Hawkeye can't because there is not enough of a costume to cover the parts where the joints are. The hair style of this Catwoman means that from any side view you will see a ugly barbie doll neck joint. No need to turn the figure in any weird way or move the hair like you foolishly stated. The point I was making was clearly above you ability to grasp but you insisted on commenting.

I don't see a neck joint in the last two pages?...

This is exactly what I am talking about. You don't see the neck joint because usually HT carefully selects pictures that hides joints. The in hand pics will be just as unclear. You will have members posting hundreds of pics and all of them avoiding a side view of her neck. I almost bought a Terminator figure because of pictures making him look flawless only to find out about the head and neck joints.

Look I made a joke about the snake. You either didn't get it or more likely you're trolling. It's clear because you don't do anything but state what is obvious to everyone in this hobby and try to fabricate an issue around it. You don't even take the time to articulate an opinion but just slam out some fact as if its a negative and try to stir the pot.

And you have some serious screws loose to then imply there's a worldwide conspiracy to try and screw you from seeing figures photographed the way you want to see them. Paranoid much?

Ok, you'll never be happy with ANY figure that doesn't have a full costume. We get it. Feel free to move along now. At least onto a subject less inane.

Remember 3 months ago, when everyone was bemoaning the Bane figure, and how it was such an easy pass and Hot Toys really dropped the ball? Then it came out, everyone saw in-hand pics, and suddenly it was an awesome piece and everyone had to have one (or more)?

Welcome to history repeating itself.

Guys, let's all just take a collective chill pill, and wait to see final pics. You're comparing photos taken by two different cameras (one being of lesser quality, which you can tell from the amount of noise and lack of fine detail in the pic), at two different angles, and a very harsh lighting set-up. Let's wait for the photo review pics before casting judgement.

trolls be gone...:ignore: :computer :crying

551719_416193401775989_675396688_n.jpg

Until in hand pics, I'm just going to hope for the best, reference this photo, and expect to receive the same great likeness when I open mine....

Well said pennyworth!!!

Yeah, I'm still not worried about this figure at all. I'm expecting it to look great. But if it doesn't a billion people will have custom heads you can buy :lol

This actually doesn't play out like this usually though. People love to complain about the complainers and say there is some cycle, but there really isn't. Often times the figure comes out and it was a glorified waste of money. The reason Hot Toys releases promotional images is so that we can critique and evaluate them and base our purchases off them. They are also misleading and highly selective/shopped, just like OMG's photos which I would NEVER use as a reference for whether or not to buy a figure.

This "shut up and take it" ideal some posters here have makes no sense to me. Why would I blind faith a $200 figure from across the world? Of course I rather be safe than sorry. If shots come out that make it look bad and I can still cancel, I would probably cancel. I rather lose out on one figure than lose out on $200. People also act like the aftermarket prices rise to $400 in a day. They don't. You've got months to decide after a figure comes out if you want to buy it or not.

Logic and reason will absolutely not be tolerated. ;)

The reason Hot Toys releases promotional images is so that we can critique and evaluate them and base our purchases off them. They are also misleading and highly selective/shopped, just like OMG's photos which I would NEVER use as a reference for whether or not to buy a figure.

The thing is though, at least with OMG shots, it's the final product he's photographing, not a prototype like the official announcement HT shots.

So there is that. :dunno

Avengers Thor is a recent example of the final product being different from the HT proto official shots. I would have never even considered buying him until I saw better in-hand pics. Bane was much the same way for me.

Of course OMG shops his images and shows figures off in all their glory, but I'd trust his pics before I'd trust an official HT shot any day of the week.

Just my opinion...

OMG photos are shopped? Whaaaat?

Back