1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Reeve Supes - it's awesome! This might just be my new most favourite thing ever. The QC was perfect except for the neck connector issue - it was broken and the head wouldn't stay on, which stopped me from running around the house with the figure making 'swooshing' noises. Other than that it's wonderful. Funny how the figure is a few years old but the likeness is better than most recent figures I've seen.

Still on of HT best figs to date. Had to snap a few new pics of mine. Been in storage a while, so close to being back out on display where he belongs!

6ab87d04605cb66403fd1c331f9cf92d.jpg

Still one of my favorite figures as well. I only wish the S glyph wasn’t merely screen printed on and the cape wasn’t wired. Not a fan of wired capes.

Got my Reeve Supes - it's awesome! This might just be my new most favourite thing ever. The QC was perfect except for the neck connector issue - it was broken and the head wouldn't stay on, which stopped me from running around the house with the figure making 'swooshing' noises. Other than that it's wonderful. Funny how the figure is a few years old but the likeness is better than most recent figures I've seen.

Mine has the same issue with the head. It sits on the figure instead of clicking in securely. Looks fine in museum poses but makes flying poses difficult.

Still one of the few figures I can't ever imagine selling. Even the box is awesome and I don't usually care about packaging. My only wish apart from a better cape is that it had come with a second sculpt. Would have loved a smiling Reeve sculpt. All HT Superman figures have that very stern look neglecting an essential part of the character.
Superman_Christopher+Reeve_1978+(2).JPG

Mine has the same issue with the head. It sits on the figure instead of clicking in securely. Looks fine in museum poses but makes flying poses difficult.

Still one of the few figures I can't ever imagine selling. Even the box is awesome and I don't usually care about packaging. My only wish apart from a better cape is that it had come with a second sculpt. Would have loved a smiling Reeve sculpt. All HT Superman figures have that very stern look neglecting an essential part of the character.
Superman_Christopher+Reeve_1978+(2).JPG

The sculpt we got is a nice enough happy medium in terms of expression - the 1:4 scale NECA sculpt is too stern so I might have passed on it even if I had been buying superhero 1:4 scalers at the time.

You're right though, would have been nice to get more than one sculpt and a smiling sculpt is sorely missed. And then of course there's the lack of a Clark Kent.

The horrible cape and crooked chest logo keeps him far from being one of HT's best.

Sculpt is great, but sculpt is only part of the overall figure.

It's a meh figure for sure. The sculpt isn't great by any means, the body is not big enough (he should be 13+ inches tall), the costume isn't movie accurate, the cape is trash, pretty much no accessories, etc. But it is what it is and I'm glad I have at least some semi-nice looking figure of Reeve in 1/6.

reeves.jpg

People always **** on Sideshow, but their Supermans outfit and cape are made from better materials. The cape hangs nicely. And the chest logo is straight and doesn't have that god awful black outline.

All HT capes are terrible until BvS Superman.

It's a mass produced item, what are you expecting out of it at this price and quantity made?
This isn't Threezero or Star Ace thread.
The "mass produced" pathetic excuse may work for them but not for HT.

Sideshow Superman's outfit and cape are made from better materials.
The cape hangs nicely. And the chest logo is straight and doesn't have that god awful black outline.
:exactly:

Too bad the headsclulpts are horrible.

This isn't Threezero or Star Ace thread.
The "mass produced" pathetic excuse may work for them but not for HT.

:exactly:

Too bad the headsclulpts are horrible.

You didn't really give an answer though. Are you saying these are not mass-produced items, or that Hot Toys should be able to mass-produce figures at a quality level that comes closer to privately commissioned pieces?

For a kid who owned the fly away Mego Superman and watched the original Superman movie on VHS over and over...this figure was a dream come true. Figures like this...1989 Batman....and Adam West Batman...Hot Toys Jedi Luke we’re why I got into collecting...it’s not perfect but this is a grail figure for me.

0b47b2f722222cd004ee92c00cb72bf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back