1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, everyone! First post here, though I've lurked for a while now.

Finally pulled the trigger on Reeve Superman, and although I probably paid too much ($370 shipped) I don't regret it. I do regret not getting him at the time of release. I'd watched the prices for this piece ever since and decided I had to get it now or never.

So glad I did. He looks fantastic!

Thinking about it, I can't afford to collect Hot Toys with any regularity. They're just too expensive for me. So I decided to buy only a few select pieces:

-Christopher Reeve Superman

-Iron Man Mark IV (R.D.J., doughnut shop suit)

-Civil War Black Panther (birthday gift from my girlfriend)

If I were to add just one more to my small collection, it would probably be Robocop. I collect too many other lines to be able to afford $200+ figures on a regular basis. I try to adhere to a collection focus. Helps keep my spending in line.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, prefers Hot Toys figures for herself. She'd rather have a smaller collection of very high quality renditions of her favorite characters as opposed to a larger collection of smaller, less expensive figures. So far, she's received her first Hot Toys figure, Dr. Strange (Cumberbatch) and is excitedly looking forward to The Punisher (Jon Bernthal, Netflix). She's also contemplating Gladiator Thor and Hela from the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. She regrets having passed on the Avengers Loki, but that may be rectified in the future. Probably at great expense. I enjoy her enthusiasm, though. That's priceless.

Thinking about it, I can't afford to collect Hot Toys with any regularity. They're just too expensive for me. So I decided to buy only a few select pieces:

-Christopher Reeve Superman

-Iron Man Mark IV (R.D.J., doughnut shop suit)

-Civil War Black Panther (birthday gift from my girlfriend)

If I were to add just one more to my small collection, it would probably be Robocop. I collect too many other lines to be able to afford $200+ figures on a regular basis. I try to adhere to a collection focus. Helps keep my spending in line.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, prefers Hot Toys figures for herself. She'd rather have a smaller collection of very high quality renditions of her favorite characters as opposed to a larger collection of smaller, less expensive figures. So far, she's received her first Hot Toys figure, Dr. Strange (Cumberbatch) and is excitedly looking forward to The Punisher (Jon Bernthal, Netflix). She's also contemplating Gladiator Thor and Hela from the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. She regrets having passed on the Avengers Loki, but that may be rectified in the future. Probably at great expense. I enjoy her enthusiasm, though. That's priceless.

This is how it starts....

Re-posed this guy this evening:

image.jpg

Wish I had the SR Marlon Brando Jor-El to go with this figure, to then go with MoS Supes and Russell Crowe Jor-El, but prices for that are just too insane.

I mentioned it in the Evil Supes thread, but they should make a 2.0 version of Reeve Superman and aptly label it as being the Superman II version.

I mentioned it in the Evil Supes thread, but they should make a 2.0 version of Reeve Superman and aptly label it as being the Superman II version.

I'd love to see that!

Make it a DX with a Clark Kent figure included. Usually the alter ego figure doesn't interest me so much but Reeve's goofy Kent was almost as brilliant as his Superman for me.

Never gonna happen but the three Kryptonian villains would be a nice addition also. At least give us a Terrence Stamp Zod please Hot Toys.

My ideal Reeve-era set up would be Superman, Jor-El and Zod, to match the MoS set up.

If they did make a Superman II (2.0) version, I'd get it and actually still keep this version and just have both. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to let this one go.

I'd love to see that!

Make it a DX with a Clark Kent figure included. Usually the alter ego figure doesn't interest me so much but Reeve's goofy Kent was almost as brilliant as his Superman for me.

Never gonna happen but the three Kryptonian villains would be a nice addition also. At least give us a Terrence Stamp Zod please Hot Toys.
DX with cellophane superman cape weapon! If there was a figure that needed pers, it was probably superman.

I'm not so sure about zod, ursa, and non either. Maybe a zod, but not for what hot toys wants to sell these for now. That costume was meh. I wouldn't pay $225 + for that.

Sorry if this has been asked before; is it possible to remove the blue band that goes across the front of the box? It would display even nicer without an unnecessarry sign that says Superman.

Last edited:
Back