1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting indeed, being that I thought it was one of the more campier and lazier parts of the film. :lol

Still a cool dio though nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, STM is probably my all time favorite superhero film, but I'm not really a fan of Superman being able to turn back time. To me it just made the last 45 minutes seem a bit anticlimactic in the sense that in a matter of 30 seconds, the last 45 minutes of the film, essentially never happened.

Don't get me wrong, STM is probably my all time favorite superhero film, but I'm not really a fan of Superman being able to turn back time. To me it just made the last 45 minutes seem a bit anticlimactic in the sense that in a matter of 30 seconds, the last 45 minutes of the film, essentially never happened.

Your mistake was thinking he "turned back time". He went faster than the speed of light and *travelled back in time*. It was set up earlier when Jor-El told him of the limitless speeds he could propel himself at.
The "reversing the spin of the earth" visual was just a visual showing he was travelling back through time.
While i do think it's a bit easy that he *can*, that we never see it again shows that the character takes responsibility for all his actions thereafter rather than trying to fix them like he did in the donner cut.

Yeah, over the last few years I grew to love that scene.
Time travel is part of the narrative and very emotional.

I sort of feel tempted to just get a sideshow superman and put on a ko Reeves head or maybe track down a real sculpt :dunno

Your mistake was thinking he "turned back time". He went faster than the speed of light and *travelled back in time*. It was set up earlier when Jor-El told him of the limitless speeds he could propel himself at.
The "reversing the spin of the earth" visual was just a visual showing he was travelling back through time.
While i do think it's a bit easy that he *can*, that we never see it again shows that the character takes responsibility for all his actions thereafter rather than trying to fix them like he did in the donner cut.

Interesting. I'm a bit hazy on exactly what point in time he traveled back to then, because it was as if he essentially prevented everything (the town being flooded, Lois from dying, Jimmy from dying, etc) I thought the whole reason why Lois got killed was because he was saving the town from being flooded instead.

I'D LOVE to see A DX release of this Clark in suit and phone booth and updated Superman suit as in 2 figure's in one box like they spoiled us with Luke. A Gene Hackman and Lex and JOREL Brando 2.0 is way overdue along with a Margot Kidder- LOIS Lane . I'll keep on dreaming maybe someday...

Back