1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

It makes so much more sense!! Superman I and II were meant to be 2 parts of 1 film. But Lester changed so much it was just a sequel. He even changed the layout of the Daily Planet! Lois had her own office in Lesters version, but it was all open plan in Donners as it was in Superman I. Only Perry White had an office.

Just watched II The Richard Donner Cut on blu ray. I loved it on DVD, but it's so much better on blu ray. I don't really watch the theatrical Richard Lester version. He ruined it for me. The Richard Donner version is how it should have been, and is far far better.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV4CqelFTlA[/ame]

Exactly my point Username! Lol. I love Family Guy too!!

Yeah, it is what it is. But trust me, unless intoxicated don't watch IV. I commend Christopher Reeve for wanting to get his point across about nuclear disarmament, but it seemed very rushed and forced.

It's great tho that you are watching and appreciating these films, bearing in mind all the original 4 came out before you were born.

I showed the first Superman to my 9yr old nephew, who basically said throughout the film that the effects were crap. I told him that back then they actually had to use real people, and harnesses.
Bloody CGI junkie!!!

You don't get many A list actors doing that now, most are too worried about looking stupid, or breaking a nail.

Is IV really that bad?! The special effects are a part of the fun of watching a late 70s early 80s film, you can't expect The Avengers standard special fx! Do you have the 5 or 8 disc set? I have the 5 disc and I don't think the Superman II in my box set is the Richard Donner version.

I have the 8 disc set. I have the Richard Donner version on DVD too if you fancy a watch of it?

And yes IV is that bad. The effects in it are a joke, bearing in mind it's nearly 10 years after the first movie, the effects are far worse. And the story line is really bad. I know Superman is fiction, but what happens in IV is so far fetched. Have a watch and see what you think.

I have the 8 disc set. I have the Richard Donner version on DVD too if you fancy a watch of it?

And yes IV is that bad. The effects in it are a joke, bearing in mind it's nearly 10 years after the first movie, the effects are far worse. And the story line is really bad. I know Superman is fiction, but what happens in IV is so far fetched. Have a watch and see what you think.

Thanks for the offer but I've just found the single blu ray of it on eBay, so I'll look forward to watching it next week! I'll set my expectations really low for IV then I won't be disappointed!

The Richard Donner II is FAR superior to the normal. Enjoy!!

The fight in space where you can see their feet on the floor is one particular low point... The lousy acting, bad effects, and crummy storyline make it all totally unnecessary.
Superman IV makes Superman III look like fcucking shakespeare in comparison...

Oh, and a hair can hold 1000lbs but can be cut with a set of bolt cutters?
:rotfl

Superman 3&4 are ones that you have just to complete the collection but to not really watch ever after the first or second viewing :lol

Superman 3&4 are ones that you have just to complete the collection but to not really watch ever after the first or second viewing :lol

Well i still like 3, but not as much as 1 or 2.
And i always wish they'd re-dub the voice of the little english kid who mysteriously lives in a backwoods texas town... "Please, mr general. Please put my daddy down!"
Of course, the nazi guy who fought Indiana Jones around the flying wing in Raiders is in the bar in that town too, so what do i know?
:wink1:

Pat Roach you mean? Or Bomber in Auf wiedersehen, Pet as he is best known.

Love the comment about the bolt cutters!!

I like III too, I think it's very watchable.

Oz Clarke, the famous wine buff, and co presenter with James May, was in the first 2 films too. He was on the boat counting money after the police chase in the first one. (Of the 2 guys sat in the boat with the money, Oz is on the right). Not found him in second one as yet, but plays a criminal again apparently.

Pat Roach you mean? Or Bomber in Auf wiedersehen, Pet as he is best known.

Love the comment about the bolt cutters!!

I like III too, I think it's very watchable.

Not everyone would know him as Bomber or Pat Roach.
I thought "The nazi who fought Indiana Jones at the flying wing" would get more recognition lol.
How many people reading this know who Bomber is?

Yup, just like The Dark Knight Rises and Army of Darkness.

Also larry lamb was in all three as a lot of scenes were shot in good old Eng-a-land.

Wow. Tdkr compared to Superman 3 and 4. Fair to say I have a slightly higher opinion of it. Lol!

so, as i was saying, i'm still working on my clark kent bash.

this is the hot toys superman thread, right?

clarkkent01.jpg

Back