1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I've had this figure since Monday and I've been meaning to get a video sooner, but nonetheless, Enjoy. 720p HD :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/71q_K35K3yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/71q_K35K3yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Am I the only one that hates the DX Bats lower body? I love the figure dont get wrong, but its jus something about his legs, feet/boot area that just looks weird.. & theres something bout the left boot that jus dosent sit right.. The legs look kinda "stompy"...The lower body reminds me of some of my more "heavy set" relatives. They look like their both turned inward, instead of straight down, muscular....

I dont know maybe its jus me...

They look fine to me, but some pics have them positioned awkwardly and they look stumpy.

heres some pics of this oh so horrible figure ;)
picture22.png

Nice one! :clap

Alright so here it is, my review of Hot Toys DX02 Batman:

I think we've all seen enough unboxings to know just how beautiful the packaging is, so I'll skip all the pre amble & get to the heart of the review.

I'm gonna go ahead & say what I think others wont. One can't help but wonder if maybe HT should surrender some of its vaunted POA on it's TT body. Because NONE & I DO MEAN NONE, of it figures that wear rubber suits have (or should I say) are able to maintain any real amount of poseability. It has become cyrstal clear to this high end toy collector that the 30 some odd POA of HT (& maybe even DCD) body gets wasted due to costume constriction.

If this is the way its going to be.....only have hyper poseability if you are a professional photographer & are willing to damage the suit to obtain the desired pics (& lets be honest here, you damn well after the Offical HT photo shoot that fig's suit was trash), then you may as well as be content with noble poses that can be obtained with 24 POA.

I believe one of the members expressed disatisfaction with the lower half of Bats body & wondered if it was just him......NO ITS NOT! The legs & hips do indeed look awkward due to the running change that was made from rubber to hard plastic. This might not have been such a big deal IF THE PLASTIC TORSO ARMOR WERE TAYLORED TO FIT! It all to obvious that the posst production armor sculpt was rushed & as a result causes Bats butt to stick out one end & gut stick out the other.......just like a fat dude wearing cloths that don't fit. So yeah....that why it reminds you of your fat relatives.

& now the PERS. YES, the right eye dose seem to have an ever so slight inward ____ to it. Apparently this "cockeyedness" seems to very in degree from fig to fig. I think I'm one of the more luck ones cause it can only been noticed if the eyes are made to look straight forward, & even then you must strain to see it. Either way this should not have happened along with the HT Oil spill fiasco. These figs price point is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to high to just sweep this under the carpet. The classification of the figure is DX!!! meaning this was to have beed the ultimate in quality!!

OK....now for the good. The sculpt & texture of the figure are BREATH TAKING TO SAY THE LEAST. which ever side of the custom cape debate your on, one thing I think we can all agree with is that the Cape & belt are the saving grace of this figure. Once the cape has been attached & the belt loaded with bat armorment (i.e. gas gun, sticky bomb gun), the figures' flaws fade away. & depending on you level of photography skill & patients. Along with what you have available to properly lite the fig....well you could have a collector piece that will stager the imaginations of on lookers for years & years to come!

I've shown my DX to only one other person so far & with in 1min flat they ran out of adjetives to discribe the awsomeness of this collector piece. All they could do is stand there with their hands over their mouths & wonder were I got it.

FYI: If you haven't either pulled out or thrown away the lil plastic tab that seperates the button batts form completing the circut, then don't. I found with the correct amount of force & holding the tab the right way, it can be reincerted sparing the life & contacts of your DX Batman.

Well there you have it. On my 10 point scale I give Hot Toys DX Batman a well earned 9/10. If not for the immaculate sculpt & texture, along with the cape & utility belt to bring this figure back from the brink, this rating would have been considerably lower.

Fair review, good read. I expected a lower rating after reading all the negatives first but i more or less agree with the review overall.

Fair review, good read. I expected a lower rating after reading all the negatives first but i more or less agree with the review overall.

LOL, dispite our different styles I'm not the "bad guy" most have come to think. the only time people get the business end of me is when they tell me (or should I say) try to tell me what my opinion should be & restrict the scope of my view.

other than that, I'm......:peace: chillpill:

I am all satisfied with DX, regardless the:
1. Oil abs
2. Limited pose due to rubber suit

What I am concern most is:
"Will this Durable enough for keeping lets say 20 years from now"

or

Will this figure deteriorate day by day? I mean the Rubber suit,

But if it happens to ruin.. I will still love my DX, and let it be the Batman DX Battle Damage version, it proved all my love to this Batman DX :rotfl

Keep it out of sunlight, o easy on the more extreme poses & shelter it from dust & it'll be fine.

FYI: Just as excessive posing will damage the suit, so will under use. The rubber should be gentily worked over from time to time. Too much time in one pose could cause the suit to dry out in that one pose. & when you go to change it, it might crack. So not to often, but every now & then remove it from its case or curio &.........ENJOY IT!

Posted on 2nd of June, arrived to Hot Toys on the 5th. Replacements sent out on the 8th, arrived today.

Thats fast for a trip to Hong Kong and back to the UK yet parcels in the UK system can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

dscf9732.jpg

dscf9733.jpg

dscf9741y.jpg

dscf9744y.jpg

dscf9745.jpg

dscf9746l.jpg

I think HT is starting to learn it's less with rubber and they seem to be using it less and less. Something I am very happy about. That said... I just don't know how else you could do the DK suit. You could do a fabric undersuit with the plates attached to it but the undersuit would have to be some kind of vinyl and would lack the texture it should have. The vinyl fabric wouldn't be much better than the rubber and would have to have visible seams.

It's a bit of a sticky wicket. Now muscular figures like Dutch or Hellboy... there's no reason for the rubber body. Give me a body like the new Terminator or Wolverine thank you very much.

Is anyone else still waiting on this to ship from DCBS?

The Medicom doesn't use rubber and the finish is fantastic.

Looks great.. but what's up with the back of the cape (2:13 in)?

Yeah he needs to stuff that cape in further imo.

thanks plasmid. it just goes to show how friggin awesome the figure is, when I processed it i thought to myself that i'd believe it was a still of the real thing. the crotch grabbers im just seeing now kills that effect i guess though haha :D

I was just gonna comment on that. :lol

Last edited:

Wow the silver really pops in thes pics! :rock

Also this pic illustrates what I was trying to say earlier about capes. I think I have the one on the right, but i wish I had the one on the left. :(

I'm gonna go ahead & say what I think others wont. One can't help but wonder if maybe HT should surrender some of its vaunted POA on it's TT body. Because NONE & I DO MEAN NONE, of it figures that wear rubber suits have (or should I say) are able to maintain any real amount of poseability. It has become cyrstal clear to this high end toy collector that the 30 some odd POA of HT (& maybe even DCD) body gets wasted due to costume constriction.

Although I do wish the rubber allowed more display posing possibilities, I am glad they have the points of articulation that they do. Many of us really get into tweaking poses to the point of OCD. With patience, one can achieve some really amazing things even with very basic poses. For example getting the arms to hang naturally takes a lot of little tweaks to all the joints HT gave us. I love watching a figure transform from a toy into a miniature person. This is only possible with many POA.

If this is the way its going to be.....only have hyper poseability if you are a professional photographer & are willing to damage the suit to obtain the desired pics (& lets be honest here, you damn well after the Offical HT photo shoot that fig's suit was trash), then you may as well as be content with noble poses that can be obtained with 24 POA.

This is preposterous imo. I agree that extreme poses held for weeks could cause stretching and maybe even tearing, but the brief amount of time needed to take some pictures is not gonna hurt anything. Just look at MaulFan's pics.

I believe one of the members expressed disatisfaction with the lower half of Bats body & wondered if it was just him......NO ITS NOT! The legs & hips do indeed look awkward due to the running change that was made from rubber to hard plastic. This might not have been such a big deal IF THE PLASTIC TORSO ARMOR WERE TAYLORED TO FIT! It all to obvious that the posst production armor sculpt was rushed & as a result causes Bats butt to stick out one end & gut stick out the other.......just like a fat dude wearing cloths that don't fit. So yeah....that why it reminds you of your fat relatives.

When I first saw pics of the DCD batch of DX02's I thought the gut looked like it poked out further. But when I got mine I realized that it is again a matter of using the figures articulation correctly.

I have been meaning to post these pics for a few days now:

The figure comes out of the box with the abs basically looking like this:
P1070523.jpg

It seems that many leave it like that and it looks a bit silly.

With a little tweaking, it can look like this:
P1070522.jpg

In context with the belt and everything else on, this goes a long way towards making this figure look sharp and realistic.

Last edited:

Hehehe.

I yanked out the arms at the elbow joints and tightened them. Now my arms on my figs can easily hold more dynamic poses with little effort.

Don't know if I'd recommend it as it's a real PITA to do, but with how far I came there was just no turning back.

Decided to do it when I was going over one of my truetypes tightening all the screws I can get to. It was a bit scary but it all went very smoothly.

I'll try posting pics of one of my figs later.

Wow, I didn't know that was possible!

Back