1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Then I guess we'll have to respectfully disagree.

Compare that to this (Adam's / Imaresqd1 - which IMO is the best i've ever seen):

Damn you raise a good point! I hadn't seen that sculpt before, I was thinking of the different Andy's sculpt.

These are both fantastic sculpts, i'd love to own either!

One thing I can promise you is that the Kai head looks even better in person than in these pics. I didn't care for it when he first showed it, then i decided i needed one for an American Psycho custom all of a sudden which i sort of lost interest in doing and was going to ditch the head but when I got the DX i put it on him and compared it to the joke of Christian Bale Hot Toys head and now im never parting with this thing. it's amazing.

the subtle skin tones, texturing and overall realism is one of the top 3 ive ever seen in a custom head.

I need to get new batteries. The sonar has nearly went flat. Hence why one eye is brighter than the other.

dscf9764.jpg

dscf9760.jpg

dscf9762.jpg

dscf9758.jpg

Damn do they run out that fast? I was assuming they were like watch batteries.

One thing I can promise you is that the Kai head looks even better in person than in these pics. I didn't care for it when he first showed it, then i decided i needed one for an American Psycho custom all of a sudden which i sort of lost interest in doing and was going to ditch the head but when I got the DX i put it on him and compared it to the joke of Christian Bale Hot Toys head and now im never parting with this thing. it's amazing.

the subtle skin tones, texturing and overall realism is one of the top 3 ive ever seen in a custom head.

I actually agree with you on this one. I've had mine on the DX body since the figure arrived. Looks great.

Damn do they run out that fast?

Well I had it since mid February but saying that if I ever had them on, it was a couple of minutes at a time. Which wasn't very often. 4 months isn't all that long though.

It can't be hard to get replacements. Either a local jeweler or a pack online. I also need some for my Mark II. His left repulser is fairly dimmed as well. Though that took a year to get like that. I guess it all depends on the battery. Some hold power fairly good as others can drain fairly quick on their own.

I was assuming they were like watch batteries.

Yeah they are. Mini versions of them.

I'd love to see the Kai in hand

I am thinking that maybe with the next batman movie they will finally release an official Bale or may include a new head of him and with the level of details and accuracy they are at now I suspect it will beat the old Bale heads to a punch and in acceptable compromise for me as I have already spend waaaay too much on this hobby

Yeah, that was the thing that stuck out for me when I opened the package. My leaking bodies had less bright grey/silver below the chest.

As thats one of the bodies I had sent back:
dscf8754.jpg

dscf9450.jpg

dscf9538.jpg

dscf9443.jpg

dscf9406g.jpg

dscf9235h.jpg

dscf9296.jpg

I get the impression they have altered the kevlar decals to remedy the fix. Not that I'm bothered. The wet surfaces was irritating.

Or I could be wrong. Could just be variations in the factory decal process. That I'm betting most likely.

Last edited:

maybe it's different for each figure because on mine that is a replacement it's not that bright things that make u go hummmmmmmmm

Thing is, it changes with the light. Just most of my shots it's been facing the window. The silvery effect becomes a darker grey in less bright angles.

So I got my DX-01 yesterday from the bay that I paid through paypal, everything is in order and the figure is fantastic!

Now the heartburn news:

I was waitng on a DX-02 from Q. It took about a week and a half for the package to arrive. When I saw "delivered" under the USPS tracking number I was surprised because I didn't get it. Turns out it was shipped to the wrong apartment. I moved a year ago to a different unit and updated my info through ebay AND paypal because everytime I've used the two my items were delivered correctly.

Back to the story: So I notice on Wednesday June 9 that it was delivered on Tuesday June 8 and thats when I noticed the transaction details with the wrong apartment. I went and knocked on the door but no one was home so I left a note saying that I believed a package was left there for me the day before and my contact info. I get a call that night from the lady in the apartment and she said that she got home Tuesday night around 10pm and saw the box in front of her door. She grabbed it and upon seeing the name was not her she took it down to the first floor and placed it on the table next to the mailboxes presumably for the rightful owner. I had gotten home on Tuesday night at around 12:30am and I didn't see any box when I got my mail. When I left her the note on Wednesday afternoon I also called the post office to let them know I hadn't received anything although my package was classified as delivered. So, back to Wednesday night: As soon as she told me over the phone what she did I realized someone has to have taken it from the table and is now keeping it. Early Thursday morning around 6:30am I posted a few signs indicating that a package was removed from the mailbox area and the owner would like it back either anonymously or in person and a reward would be offered. I also stated that the item was a gift for someone hoping that would be enough to spark the guilt trip.

The more I thought about it through out the day on Thursday I kept going back to the lady having the box since that is effectively where the trail ends. I called her last night to update her on the situation and to express my desire that the person return it whether it has been opened or not. She's been very apologetic about this and I hate to think that after speaking to me she wouldn't just place it in front of my door anonymously but alas nothing yet. Most of the residents here are much older than I am so I can't see a reason why any of them would take something belonging to someone else but there are younger people here to and some with children, The lady said the box had "...toys and collectibles" on it so maybe that was enough to peak somebody's interest.

You can all imagine how upset I am at this, I keep going to the back of the building to see if the box has been thrown out and I keep opening my door to see if its been placed there but nothing. Last night I had two seperate dreams that there was a knock on my door so you can see how crazy this is driving me. On Wednesday evening I came back home and saw a postal notice that a package was at the PO. I went Thursday morning and it was the DX-01 but the topping on the cake was when I told the clerk my situation with the other package he told me the regular truck driver that delivers parcels has been out all week and it was a different guy doing the rounds. The regular guy knows me and where I live so that explains why it wasn't left in the right place.

I don't understand why when I purchase something on ebay and pay via paypal my information is correct to a T but when I do a seperate paypal transaction away from ebay its still the old address. I know its not two different paypal accounts because I paid with some funds from ebay sales I recently did. I also dont see how a mailman can leave a parcel in front of a door without some sort of confirmed acceptance from someone else. The worst part of it all besides the obvious waste of time and money is that I doubt whomever has it understands the value of it or they may see what it is and put it in the hands of a child. They could also run a google search once they see the detail involved and see iwhat its worth which then would make them less willing to give it back. Either way my sense of trust in the people I live around has greatly diminished. I do my best to help out some of these people and my best when I find cell phones and other misplaced property and I would think karma would save me right now but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Its now Friday afternoon and the signs are still up. I haven't heard back from the post office regarding my case # or any other neighbor about it. But its got to be somewhere, each day though shows I wont be getting it back. I'll give it a few more days and then I hope I can contain myself when I make the next sign thats going to go up.

sorry to hear all of this, Zidane. Sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully some good Karma will come your way, to help make up for it.

-r

So I got my DX-01 yesterday from the bay that I paid through paypal, everything is in order and the figure is fantastic!

Now the heartburn news:

I was waitng on a DX-02 from Q. It took about a week and a half for the package to arrive. When I saw "delivered" under the USPS tracking number I was surprised because I didn't get it. Turns out it was shipped to the wrong apartment. I moved a year ago to a different unit and updated my info through ebay AND paypal because everytime I've used the two my items were delivered correctly.

Back to the story: So I notice on Wednesday June 9 that it was delivered on Tuesday June 8 and thats when I noticed the transaction details with the wrong apartment. I went and knocked on the door but no one was home so I left a note saying that I believed a package was left there for me the day before and my contact info. I get a call that night from the lady in the apartment and she said that she got home Tuesday night around 10pm and saw the box in front of her door. She grabbed it and upon seeing the name was not her she took it down to the first floor and placed it on the table next to the mailboxes presumably for the rightful owner. I had gotten home on Tuesday night at around 12:30am and I didn't see any box when I got my mail. When I left her the note on Wednesday afternoon I also called the post office to let them know I hadn't received anything although my package was classified as delivered. So, back to Wednesday night: As soon as she told me over the phone what she did I realized someone has to have taken it from the table and is now keeping it. Early Thursday morning around 6:30am I posted a few signs indicating that a package was removed from the mailbox area and the owner would like it back either anonymously or in person and a reward would be offered. I also stated that the item was a gift for someone hoping that would be enough to spark the guilt trip.

The more I thought about it through out the day on Thursday I kept going back to the lady having the box since that is effectively where the trail ends. I called her last night to update her on the situation and to express my desire that the person return it whether it has been opened or not. She's been very apologetic about this and I hate to think that after speaking to me she wouldn't just place it in front of my door anonymously but alas nothing yet. Most of the residents here are much older than I am so I can't see a reason why any of them would take something belonging to someone else but there are younger people here to and some with children, The lady said the box had "...toys and collectibles" on it so maybe that was enough to peak somebody's interest.

You can all imagine how upset I am at this, I keep going to the back of the building to see if the box has been thrown out and I keep opening my door to see if its been placed there but nothing. Last night I had two seperate dreams that there was a knock on my door so you can see how crazy this is driving me. On Wednesday evening I came back home and saw a postal notice that a package was at the PO. I went Thursday morning and it was the DX-01 but the topping on the cake was when I told the clerk my situation with the other package he told me the regular truck driver that delivers parcels has been out all week and it was a different guy doing the rounds. The regular guy knows me and where I live so that explains why it wasn't left in the right place.

I don't understand why when I purchase something on ebay and pay via paypal my information is correct to a T but when I do a seperate paypal transaction away from ebay its still the old address. I know its not two different paypal accounts because I paid with some funds from ebay sales I recently did. I also dont see how a mailman can leave a parcel in front of a door without some sort of confirmed acceptance from someone else. The worst part of it all besides the obvious waste of time and money is that I doubt whomever has it understands the value of it or they may see what it is and put it in the hands of a child. They could also run a google search once they see the detail involved and see iwhat its worth which then would make them less willing to give it back. Either way my sense of trust in the people I live around has greatly diminished. I do my best to help out some of these people and my best when I find cell phones and other misplaced property and I would think karma would save me right now but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Its now Friday afternoon and the signs are still up. I haven't heard back from the post office regarding my case # or any other neighbor about it. But its got to be somewhere, each day though shows I wont be getting it back. I'll give it a few more days and then I hope I can contain myself when I make the next sign thats going to go up.

Sucks to hear that, Zidane! Keep us posted! =(

Dude that is crap, but I'm not surprised. The thing about a lot of life is the amount of trust we have in others that we may never have met. Mail is the easiest thing in the world to steal and get away with. Right now I can go down to the main office of my building and carry out any box I want from the store room and no one would know. I can drive down about any street and clean out every mail box on the block and no one would know.

sorry to hear all of this, Zidane. Sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully some good Karma will come your way, to help make up for it.

-r

Thanks rory, me too.

Now the heartburn news:

That really sucks dude.

About a year and a half ago, I started missing some packages in my apartment building. The mailman comes while I'm at work, so when he's got a package that doesn't fit in the mailbox (which is quite small, as it's a large bank of slots, one for each apartment), he just leaves it in the hallway by the stairs, near the front door, where everyone walks by.

Well, I noticed some packages never seemed to arrive from Ebay, despite the sellers claiming they had sent them. At one point, I lost an expensive collectible - a Dark Knight Joker Poker set - and that's when I decided someone must be stealing these packages after the mailman leaves them.

Turns out I was right - a few months later, I noticed a flurry of hand-written signs taped on the wall of the hallway, from other residents demanding that people stop stealing packages and asking that they return them. I guess one person had had enough and posted a sign, and someone else saw the sign and realized it was a building-wide problem and not just them, so they posted a sign, and so on.

So the problem affected all of us. Of course, the signs were gone within two days - either the landlord took them down (either because they weren't aesthetically pleasing or because he didn't want tenants and prospective tenants to become scared), or the thief felt guilty and tore them down himself.

Anyway, after I lost the Joker Poker set, I started having all packages routed to my girlfriend, since she lives in a house with roommates, not an apartment building with a lobby and a bunch of strangers. She's moving now, to an apartment building but I learned I can route packages to my workplace instead now, so I'm just going to do that.

What really bugs me is why the mailman thinks it's acceptable to leave packages on the floor like that. Leaving it in a public hallway, where plenty of strangers walk by each and every time they enter and exit the building is NOT acceptable - it's no better than leaving it on the curb of the street. If there's no office to leave it with, the US Post Office should, by policy, leave a slip asking you to schedule a redelivery or pick it up at the Post Office. But I guess some of them are too lazy and don't care enough.

I hope you get your package back - but common sense (and previous experience) suggests you won't.

Either way, I'd consider finding an alternative destination for larger packages - because even if they had left it in front of your door, and not your old apartment's door, someone could have just as easily taken it as they walk down the hallway. A friend's place, your workplace, or even a mailbox rental place - it's all better than a semi-public hallway being used as your mailbox.

Back