1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Get your money back. Only a total chump would give him the benefit of the doubt (or the lying bastard of a seller trying to cover it up). You'll probably be able to find another one for the same price, or just hold onto the $$$ for the TDKR figure.

That was uncalled for.:monkey1
I got my DX02 a few months ago from a fellow board member. He said he never had any leak issues, even though it was the rubber abs. I was switching the belts last night, and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

Now I haven't had any issues with leaking since I received him back in March, but I also don't want to end up with a leaky, worthless DX02 Bats that I dropped 4 bills on either. Should I be worried about more leaking, and do I have any recourse against the seller?

Ryan: I did a little research and it looks like you bought the DX from carbo-fation, correct?

If so, that's the DX Batman I sold him, and I put the tissue paper between the two pieces of armor after I received the figure to alleviate any possible leakage issues when I discovered the figure had the rubber abs.

I've had three DX Batman figures, two from the original HK batches with the rubber abs, and one from the DC Direct batch. The very first one I got was directly from Hong Kong and had the leaky abs. In fact, I believe I was the first person on here to report the problem. I spent months trying to fix it and eventually it just stopped with no warning, and I sold that particular figure to a local collector here and used that money to buy another one from the "fixed" batch HT released before the DC Direct release.

Once that arrived, I checked the abs out and they were indeed the same rubber as my initial figure, but I took the precautions of loosening the belt a bit and stuffing that paper under the abs to head off any leakage issues that might arise, and I never saw a single solitary drop of oil on that figure in the 6+ months I owned it. I then sold that figure to carbo-fation and kept only the DC Direct one since I didn't need two of the same figure. I told him straight up that the abs were rubber and from one of the original batches but had never shown a single sign of leakage.

If that is in fact who you got it from, I'm assuming that originally was my figure, and carbo-fation did not swindle you. He told you exactly what I told him about the figure, and I'm also assuming he sold it to you straightaway after I sold it to him based on the dates I see on feedback posts and such.

He didn't lie to you, nor is he a "lying bastard". Assuming this is what happened, you know the complete history of the figure from start to finish now, and if you haven't seen any oil on it since March/April when you received it, you won't see any in the future from my experience with that figure.

Now, any issues that may indeed arise are between you and carbo-fation, but I want to stop any witch hunt that may arise due to the posts I've seen since your initial post and tell you straight up that that was originally my figure. I don't have the PMs from our sale, but if he does he's welcome to post every single thing I told him about my precautions and lack of leakage of any sort from it.

You can PM me if you have any questions/concerns about the figure, and I'll answer whatever I can.

And that clears it up! Thanks cr0w! I never wanted to implicate Carbo-fation, because he was actually a good seller and threw in 2 extra capes. I was just shocked to see the tissue shoved under the abs and was worried.

I'm going to hang on to it, as it is my favorite fig, and the most I've ever spent on one.

I haven't been in this thread in a while and just stumbled upon this. Ryan, I never tried to swindle you or sell you a leaky Batman. I initially purchased it from Cr0w but had to let it go due to personal issues. I was told, as Cr0w correctly stated above, that the DX had no leaks. I actually only took the figure out of the box once, when it arrived and put it back since I was in the process of moving to my new place. I never saw the stuffed tissues when I took him out of the box, so I wasn't able to inform you about that. I never had any intention of scamming people.

If you're still unhappy with the Batman, I will give you a full refund including shipping. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.:(

Abs weren't the only area the suit's leaked from, it's also leaked by the biceps. Paypal basically gives you a 45 day return policy. I'd keep a close eye on it during that time and keep those fingers crossed that if it doesn't leak by then, it won't. In 1444 pages, this is the first rubber-ab figure I've read about, that hasn't leaked.

Will do. And I didn't know it leaked from other areas besides the abs, so I'll be checking it everyday.

....I should've just gotten the MMS version instead.

Re-read his initial post:

If there was obviously some leaking, somebody knew something about it. Carbo's a cool cat and so is cr0w, but come on now. If Ryan saw leaking, he basically paid $400 for a dud figure that's deteriorating. And at this point, this would miraculously be the first rubber abbed figure not to leak.

He didn't, as has been made clear.

Will do. And I didn't know it leaked from other areas besides the abs, so I'll be checking it everyday.

....I should've just gotten the MMS version instead.

Dont get hyper over the leaky 'bicep' thing, it isnt as dangerous as the ab leaking thing. A little tissue under the shoulder plate will easily solve it. Also let me tell you that even while owning the ridiculously leaking DX02 never ONCE could I say anything bad about its craftmanship. Its an AWESOME piece of art. Id say if you got the MMS one after owning and seeing the DX02 in hand. You will be disappointed.

That saying I hope your figure lasts long and you can thoroughly enjoy it for what its worth. (It burnt me bro I had to pay $620 including paypal charges and shipping via EMS)

That was uncalled for.:monkey1

I haven't been in this thread in a while and just stumbled upon this. Ryan, I never tried to swindle you or sell you a leaky Batman. I initially purchased it from Cr0w but had to let it go due to personal issues. I was told, as Cr0w correctly stated above, that the DX had no leaks. I actually only took the figure out of the box once, when it arrived and put it back since I was in the process of moving to my new place. I never saw the stuffed tissues when I took him out of the box, so I wasn't able to inform you about that. I never had any intention of scamming people.

If you're still unhappy with the Batman, I will give you a full refund including shipping. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.:(

Now thats a Great Freak right there :1-1:you are the man :exactly:

He didn't, as has been made clear.

picture.php

Dont get hyper over the leaky 'bicep' thing, it isnt as dangerous as the ab leaking thing.

No?
dscf9518.jpg

A little tissue under the shoulder plate will easily solve it.

While that is true he better do it fast because if there's nothing there to absorb it. It does not end well since the kevlar decal lifts/bubbles up from being saturated.

i need help! My dx biceps are leaking i think since there are 2 small bubbles on the left bicep... How and where do i insert something to absorb the oil?

thanx magazine. I think the tiny bubbles could be a factory defect maybe. Any pics showing the difference between the hard and soft abs guys? Thanx

Sadly there's no way to reverse that. The oil stretches the decal so even if the tissue absorbs it all, you're left with is elongated dried bubbles. When it was soaking you could ripple the decal with so much oil.

Soon as I had my replacements I put them in so it would never get the chance to saturate the panels since you can't see what's going on in below the plastic shoulder. The first mistake I made but I didn't know that at that time. My heart sunk when I saw those nasty oily bubbles.

dscf9540.jpg

yes mine has 2 tiny bubbles on that spot... How much worse will it get?

The key is keeping it dry, fold some small flat bits of tissue and wedge them in below the shoulder. Make sure you have enough to cover all the hidden kevlar pattern. As long as you keep it dry you should be alright. For all you know if you keep it dry there's a possibility the bubble might shrink back to the surface but it may take some time.

thanx 4 the advice and info man.

Imagine that thing under your bed.

I knew the sonar head was wider.

img3055v.jpg

Back