1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Ryan: I did a little research and it looks like you bought the DX from carbo-fation, correct?

If so, that's the DX Batman I sold him, and I put the tissue paper between the two pieces of armor after I received the figure to alleviate any possible leakage issues when I discovered the figure had the rubber abs.

I've had three DX Batman figures, two from the original HK batches with the rubber abs, and one from the DC Direct batch. The very first one I got was directly from Hong Kong and had the leaky abs. In fact, I believe I was the first person on here to report the problem. I spent months trying to fix it and eventually it just stopped with no warning, and I sold that particular figure to a local collector here and used that money to buy another one from the "fixed" batch HT released before the DC Direct release.

Once that arrived, I checked the abs out and they were indeed the same rubber as my initial figure, but I took the precautions of loosening the belt a bit and stuffing that paper under the abs to head off any leakage issues that might arise, and I never saw a single solitary drop of oil on that figure in the 6+ months I owned it. I then sold that figure to carbo-fation and kept only the DC Direct one since I didn't need two of the same figure. I told him straight up that the abs were rubber and from one of the original batches but had never shown a single sign of leakage.

If that is in fact who you got it from, I'm assuming that originally was my figure, and carbo-fation did not swindle you. He told you exactly what I told him about the figure, and I'm also assuming he sold it to you straightaway after I sold it to him based on the dates I see on feedback posts and such.

He didn't lie to you, nor is he a "lying bastard". Assuming this is what happened, you know the complete history of the figure from start to finish now, and if you haven't seen any oil on it since March/April when you received it, you won't see any in the future from my experience with that figure.

Now, any issues that may indeed arise are between you and carbo-fation, but I want to stop any witch hunt that may arise due to the posts I've seen since your initial post and tell you straight up that that was originally my figure. I don't have the PMs from our sale, but if he does he's welcome to post every single thing I told him about my precautions and lack of leakage of any sort from it.

You can PM me if you have any questions/concerns about the figure, and I'll answer whatever I can.

Last edited:

I thought you used make up sponges?

That was the first DX Bats. I ran out of the goddamned things trying to fix it and just used standard tissue paper as a precaution on the second one I got. By that time I was so tired of stuffing things into the suit to fix the first one that I just shoved whatever was on hand into the second one and waited. Never leaked.

Well, if it's clear the figure was leaking, and Ryan stated it was, somebody got some 'splanin' to do. :lol

Ryan: I did a little research and it looks like you bought the DX from carbo-fation, correct?

If so, that's the DX Batman I sold him, and I put the tissue paper between the two pieces of armor after I received the figure to alleviate any possible leakage issues when I discovered the figure had the rubber abs.

I've had three DX Batman figures, two from the original HK batches with the rubber abs, and one from the DC Direct batch. The very first one I got was directly from Hong Kong and had the leaky abs. In fact, I believe I was the first person on here to report the problem. I spent months trying to fix it and eventually it just stopped with no warning, and I sold that particular figure to a local collector here and used that money to buy another one from the "fixed" batch HT released before the DC Direct release.

Once that arrived, I checked the abs out and they were indeed the same rubber as my initial figure, but I took the precautions of loosening the belt a bit and stuffing that paper under the abs to head off any leakage issues that might arise, and I never saw a single solitary drop of oil on that figure in the 6+ months I owned it. I then sold that figure to carbo-fation and kept only the DC Direct one since I didn't need two of the same figure. I told him straight up that the abs were rubber and from one of the original batches but had never shown a single sign of leakage.

If that is in fact who you got it from, I'm assuming that originally was my figure, and carbo-fation did not swindle you. He told you exactly what I told him about the figure, and I'm also assuming he sold it to you straightaway after I sold it to him based on the dates I see on feedback posts and such.

He didn't lie to you, nor is he a "lying bastard". Assuming this is what happened, you know the complete history of the figure from start to finish now, and if you haven't seen any oil on it since March/April when you received it, you won't see any in the future from my experience with that figure.

Now, any issues that may indeed arise are between you and carbo-fation, but I want to stop any witch hunt that may arise due to the posts I've seen since your initial post and tell you straight up that that was originally my figure. I don't have the PMs from our sale, but if he does he's welcome to post every single thing I told him about my precautions and lack of leakage of any sort from it.

You can PM me if you have any questions/concerns about the figure, and I'll answer whatever I can.

And that clears it up! Thanks cr0w! I never wanted to implicate Carbo-fation, because he was actually a good seller and threw in 2 extra capes. I was just shocked to see the tissue shoved under the abs and was worried.

I'm going to hang on to it, as it is my favorite fig, and the most I've ever spent on one.

<----- Chump

Get your money back. Only a total chump would give him the benefit of the doubt (or the lying bastard of a seller trying to cover it up). You'll probably be able to find another one for the same price, or just hold onto the $$$ for the TDKR figure.

Lee didn't suggest just letting it go. It's all about the way one approaches the subject. Just because you attack first and then ask questions doesn't mean that's the only way to live.

^^^This is why giving the benefit of the doubt is not just for chumps. Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt keeps you from looking like an ass. But more importantly it's the decent way to live.

And that clears it up! Thanks cr0w! I never wanted to implicate Carbo-fation, because he was actually a good seller and threw in 2 extra capes. I was just shocked to see the tissue shoved under the abs and was worried.

I'm going to hang on to it, as it is my favorite fig, and the most I've ever spent on one.

No problem, glad I could help. Those two extra capes were custom jobs I sent along with it to him, so I hope you're enjoying them. :)

They weren't perfect, but better than the stock effort at least.

Well, if it's clear the figure was leaking, and Ryan stated it was, somebody got some 'splanin' to do. :lol

I can see how you read it. But he interpreted the tissue as a clear indication that it had been leaking:

I got my DX02 a few months ago from a fellow board member. He said he never had any leak issues, even though it was the rubber abs. I was switching the belts last night, and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

Now I haven't had any issues with leaking since I received him back in March, but I also don't want to end up with a leaky, worthless DX02 Bats that I dropped 4 bills on either. Should I be worried about more leaking, and do I have any recourse against the seller?

He didn't say it is leaking.

He said there hasn't been any leaking from the abs, but that there was something on the tissue paper under the armor. I'm guessing that would be black smudges from the oil used to lubricate the armor pads so they would slide during posing. Not actual leakage.

I got my DX02 a few months ago from a fellow board member. He said he never had any leak issues, even though it was the rubber abs. I was switching the belts last night, and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

Now I haven't had any issues with leaking since I received him back in March, but I also don't want to end up with a leaky, worthless DX02 Bats that I dropped 4 bills on either. Should I be worried about more leaking, and do I have any recourse against the seller?

I just had a flashback...

Same thing happened to me except my seller sold me a batch 2 when I wanted the hard abs batch 3. However he replaced it with a batch 3 body, and I mailed him the leaky body back. Leaky body is NOT NICE, during my time with it I did various stuff to stop leaking. Didnt help

Seriously talk to your seller nicely and tell him the problem and show him pics, and see if he can help you out...

<----- Chump

No argument from me. :lol

Lee didn't suggest just letting it go. It's all about the way one approaches the subject. Just because you attack first and then ask questions doesn't mean that's the only way to live.

Thank you grasshopper.

^^^This is why giving the benefit of the doubt is not just for chumps. Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt keeps you from looking like an ass. But more importantly it's the decent way to live.

Re-read his initial post:
and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

If there was obviously some leaking, somebody knew something about it. Carbo's a cool cat and so is cr0w, but come on now. If Ryan saw leaking, he basically paid $400 for a dud figure that's deteriorating. And at this point, this would miraculously be the first rubber abbed figure not to leak.

We got it figured out for now, axe. It was originally my figure so I was able to detail the precautions I took to avoid leaking and reinforce the claims that the figure has never leaked.

I think he took the tissue paper being there as evidence that it had been leaking, when it was just a precaution. That figure has never leaked oil from the abs, and like I said, all you'll see on that tissue is a black smudge or two from the lubricant used under the suit to alleviate friction during posing.

I think he took the tissue paper being there as evidence that it had been leaking, when it was just a precaution. That figure has never leaked oil from the abs, and like I said, all you'll see on that tissue is a black smudge or two from the lubricant used under the suit to alleviate friction during posing.

The oil that was used for lubricating the suit was clear though. :dunno

When I got mine, my boots were full of it. I didn't bother with that because it was obvious what the oil was for, but a few days after cleaning that out is when I noticed that the abs had started "sweating."

Upon second inspection, I can't confirm the residue on the tissue paper inside was leaking, it could just be from rubbing up the inside of the rubber. The majority of the tissue paper was clean though. Again, I haven't had any leaking issues, and from what I've read, if I did, I would know it.

Well, all I can guess is that maybe the oil caused a little of the black rubber to smudge off onto the tissue paper. I really don't know. I do know that the abs never leaked, the smudges on the tissue paper never got worse, and I never had a single problem with the figure.

Upon second inspection, I can't confirm the residue on the tissue paper inside was leaking, it could just be from rubbing up the inside of the rubber. The majority of the tissue paper was clean though. Again, I haven't had any leaking issues, and from what I've read, if I did, I would know it.

You'd know it. The tissue was rubbing against the black rubber and got some scuffs on it from the rubber.

You're in good shape.

Abs weren't the only area the suit's leaked from, it's also leaked by the biceps. Paypal basically gives you a 45 day return policy. I'd keep a close eye on it during that time and keep those fingers crossed that if it doesn't leak by then, it won't. In 1444 pages, this is the first rubber-ab figure I've read about, that hasn't leaked.

Back