1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

then comes marriage,

[/quote]"]

Oh a cookie! An angry cookie. :horror

2007_09_01_Blog_Moon+face.jpg

You think this is acceptable?

SDC11984-1.jpg

____, man I feel really bad for the ones who have had this has happen to them. I've been very fortunate with mine, well so far anyway but I would be seriously pissed if that happened to mine.

Hey guys... there are soooo many pages on this thread... I need to ask because it's too long - what's going on? Is there a new Batman figure coming out? why all the talk about selling DX?

Also, this leak of oil from the abs... does it just keep coming and coming and coming? endless?

Hey guys... there are soooo many pages on this thread... I need to ask because it's too long - what's going on? Is there a new Batman figure coming out? why all the talk about selling DX?

People are selling because it's worth almost 3 times what it retailed for. And there will be another figure coming out for TDK Rises, which is one reason I am not selling mine right now. People will go crazy trying to collect all of the Nolan batsuits once the figure hits...like Mk I crazy.

Also, this leak of oil from the abs... does it just keep coming and coming and coming? endless?

$$$ and yes.

People are selling because it's worth almost 3 times what it retailed for. And there will be another figure coming out for TDK Rises, which is one reason I am not selling mine right now. People will go crazy trying to collect all of the Nolan batsuits once the figure hits...like Mk I crazy.

I dunno. Freaks sold the hell out of the BB suit to get the TDK OC suit. If HT releases a TDK suit that's better than the DX02 for TDKR, I see that cycle repeating and the price dropping. So maybe selling now is a good thing?

I dunno. Freaks sold the hell out of the BB suit to get the TDK OC suit. If HT releases a TDK suit that's better than the DX02 for TDKR, I see that cycle repeating and the price dropping. So maybe selling now is a good thing?

The original Begins version from '05/'06 still goes for a helluva lot, so who knows. I think even if Hot Toys remakes it it'll still go for more than the MSRP. If they don't and TDKR has a brand new suit (and come on, why won't it?) then, damn I can see the BB, OC, Original TDK and DX doubling to insane amounts.

I know personally there are two scenarios that would make me sell one or both of my DX's.

1. Price hits $1,000. I'd gotta, that's like a milestone and I paid $160 for each of mine.

2. It leaks. I'd sell it off as soon as I noticed problems on mine before it became "undesirable".

3. If for some reason I'm having financial problems and I can't get the Hot Toys '89 Batman. These are GONE to fund it. I'd keep my OC TDK though to have a Bale and arguably better modern movie Batman figure (Begins suit > TDK).

This is true, but I'm banking on TDKR introducing a new suit, if not entirely new, then with a few variations. If they don't introduce a new suit, then now is the time to sell the DX for sure. If they do, the DX02 will skyrocket, because I don't see HT revisiting the suit a 3rd time without a new film as an excuse.

I've had this thought as well. It's so hard to predict this stuff.

This is true, but I'm banking on TDKR introducing a new suit, if not entirely new, then with a few variations. If they don't introduce a new suit, then now is the time to sell the DX for sure. If they do, the DX02 will skyrocket, because I don't see HT revisiting the suit a 3rd time without a new film as an excuse.

Even if a TDKR suit is pretty similar I think it would bug me to have Joker posed with anything other than a TDK Batman.

However, if the DX02 ever did hit a grand it would be damn tempting...

Given they've produced the OC costume 3 times now, I wouldn't put it past them. Plus they'll be looking to recoup face for the DX02 fiasco.

3 times?

- Batman Begins

- Original Costume The Dark Knight

Unless you mean Ghoul Batman in which case, that doesn't count. :nana:

Plus they'll be looking to recoup face for the DX02 fiasco.

Well, they were pretty stingy and narrow minded with the whole replacement thing. I doubt they lost that much or anything at all. What effort did they put in fixing the problem? Other than a new plastic shell ab, nada.

They might want to revisit or the whole problem left a bad taste in their mouths and they want nothing to do with it again. Who knows. Maybe they're banking on a new suit for TDKR so they can either ____ that up or redeem themselves.

Last edited:

I got my DX02 a few months ago from a fellow board member. He said he never had any leak issues, even though it was the rubber abs. I was switching the belts last night, and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

Now I haven't had any issues with leaking since I received him back in March, but I also don't want to end up with a leaky, worthless DX02 Bats that I dropped 4 bills on either. Should I be worried about more leaking, and do I have any recourse against the seller?

I got my DX02 a few months ago from a fellow board member. He said he never had any leak issues, even though it was the rubber abs. I was switching the belts last night, and found there to be tissue paper shoved up under the abs, where obviously there was some leaking.

Now I haven't had any issues with leaking since I received him back in March, but I also don't want to end up with a leaky, worthless DX02 Bats that I dropped 4 bills on either. Should I be worried about more leaking, and do I have any recourse against the seller?

Well he/she clearly was not completely honest. I would contact him, because honestly oil cannot be good for the rubber.

Maybe he shoved the tissue paper behind the ab plates when he got it and never worried about it cause he never saw the oil leaking from the front. Just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I do think you should reach out to him about it though.

Maybe he shoved the tissue paper behind the ab plates when he got it and never worried about it cause he never saw the oil leaking from the front. Just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I do think you should reach out to him about it though.

Nice to see there are other people here capable of giving the benefit of the doubt. :1-1:

Get your money back. Only a total chump would give him the benefit of the doubt (or the lying bastard of a seller trying to cover it up). You'll probably be able to find another one for the same price, or just hold onto the $$$ for the TDKR figure.

Get your money back. Only a total chump (or the lying bastard of a seller) would give him the benefit of the doubt. You'll probably be able to find another one for the same price, or just hold onto the $$$ for the TDKR figure.

Isn't it funny the amount of people offloading this. I remember when the DCD replacements were in progress and this was all the grail talk. They'll never sell it, blah blah blah. Now it seems to be the most offloaded figure and sadly it's always another post from some poor soul telling us it has rubber abs. Plus I'm sure it wont be the last the seller wants to remain anonymous as it's been someone from here.

Back