1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Thanks for you suggestion. ATM im still wondering what to do and hoping to get some compensation from the seller. However like I said I love the piece inspite of its problems its beautiful, however I wont want to part with it until I have a DCD batman in my sight. Maybe I can do a trade with someone who can want this figure + some extra $ and send me a DCD batch in return. (Its a LOOOONG Shot) But that would be great. This Batman + (hopefuly the compensation money) = a DCD batman. Bah! I can keep dreaming! :slap

Well, for what it's worth, the DCD batch leaks too. The mods never really fixed anything. We've seen both leaky abs and leaky biceps on them.

Well, for what it's worth, the DCD batch leaks too. The mods never really fixed anything. We've seen both leaky abs and leaky biceps on them.

Tell me something 'Nam, do you take some sadistic pleasure in being a harbinger of bad news or is this your twisted way of assuaging me! :horror

My DX02 has the oily periods and Im getting the PMS and you are making it worse... :monkey2

If you ever do decide to pursue one axecutioner, I wouldn't worry about DCD batch problems. If you have a figure with the hard abs, you should have little to no problems. Sure there have been complaints here and there but it is no where close to the previous oil problems.

I own two and both were and are completely problem free. About a month after owning my first one I noticed one small droplet that was about a millimeter in dimension underneath the bicep pad. I wiped it off with my finger, over a year later and I haven't seen anything since. Both figures are perfect.

The only downside to the DCD batch is the lack of articulation in the ab area.

As Nam suggested, a V1 TDK might not be a bad idea either.

Tell me something 'Nam, do you take some sadistic pleasure in being a harbinger of bad news or is this your twisted way of assuaging me! :horror

My DX02 has the oily periods and Im getting the PMS and you are making it worse... :monkey2

I only get pleasure out of watching douchebags getting some well deserved Karma payback. As for you, I'd hate to see ya go through all this misery only to purchase a DCD batch and have that leak too. :huh

If you ever do decide to pursue one axecutioner, I wouldn't worry about DCD batch problems. If you have a figure with the hard abs, you should have little to no problems. Sure there have been complaints here and there but it is no where close to the previous oil problems.

I own two and both were and are completely problem free. About a month after owning my first one I noticed one small droplet that was about a millimeter in dimension underneath the bicep pad. I wiped it off with my finger, over a year later and I haven't seen anything since. Both figures are perfect.

The only downside to the DCD batch is the lack of articulation in the ab area.

As Nam suggested, a V1 TDK might not be a bad idea either.

:lecture:lecture:lecture No leaks and is the only TDK new suit that works with both the Tumbler and the Bat Pod.

that V1 TDK body is like Batman on Steroids man! I was wondering whether I could post a WTB Hot toys DX02 DCD batch BODY ONLY and see whether it could work... but thinking about it makes it more absurd... This DX02 is such an AMAZING figure, its a SHAME for problems like this...

looks like Ill have to trust the only one I have trusted regarding my HTs...

that dreaded perv dealer from Bangkok, Thailand who (alleged by my friend) always asks 'you like girls? you want nice girls?' with a creepy grin when he is happy after selling off of his merchandise for a hefty price (got my DX01 and DX04+exclusive from him)

Hmm, now hes asking what is a DCD batch, Like what differences, so obviously he's claiming no knowledge about the situation because he said he checked and there was no oil problem.

Claiming ignorance, huh? What a dolt. His story changes with every PM.

I explained the difference,

Don't bother. He knows the difference. That's why in his original PM he said "Yes, DCD batch" instead of "What's a DCD batch?"

That's also why he sold it to you - he knew he could unload it on you at a full DCD batch price, because there's nothing you can do once you realize he's screwed you. Your financial and geographic situation make you quite vulnerable.

Don't play his game or waste time explaining anything.

(Not that it makes any difference, but I bet if you went through his entire post history, you'd find he had some activity in the threads where oily abs and batches were discussed - if he didn't outright post about them himself!)

I think Ill ask him to pay me difference between the price he bought it and the price I bought it off him.

He's lied to you before. You trust him to tell you the price he bought it for? Ask him for the difference between retail price and the price you bought it off him for.

Thanks for you suggestion. ATM im still wondering what to do and hoping to get some compensation from the seller. However like I said I love the piece in spite of its problems its beautiful, however I wont want to part with it until I have a DCD batman in my sight.

If you feel like you're going to want a DCDirect Batman, then you should part with the one you have ASAP. Waiting to sell it until you find another one to buy is a bad move, as you risk being unable to sell it at all.

Another idea is, if you get most of your money refunded and still want a DCDirect Batman, to keep what you've got and still get a new Batman. You'll have one leaky body and one good body - perfect for displaying both heads and both capes.

Maybe I can do a trade with someone who can want this figure + some extra $ and send me a DCD batch in return. (Its a LOOOONG Shot)

Long shot is right. I don't see someone who has the DCD batch choosing to trade it for an oily batch, just to make some surplus cash.

Nope. Not true. Claims of leaky abs in the DCD batch were very isolated cases, and evidence pointed to them just being excess lubrication from under the suit that was overzealously applied by Hot Toys employees when slipping the suit over the Trretype (rather than coming from the rubber of the plates themselves).

Take the hate blinders off.

Tell me something 'Nam, do you take some sadistic pleasure in being a harbinger of bad news or is this your twisted way of assuaging me!

He takes every opportunity to trash the DX02. Not sure why, but he's really quite bitter about the figure and can't just leave it alone. It's unfortunate that it blinds him to the point where he's spreading falsehoods (as above).

No leaks and is the only TDK new suit that works with both the Tumbler and the Bat Pod.

From what axecutioner18's said of his situation, I don't think poseability on the Tumbler and Bat Pod is really going to be an issue for him :lol

that V1 TDK body is like Batman on Steroids man!

Steroids and/or a steady diet of potato chips. He's got quite the beer gut!

I was wondering whether I could post a WTB Hot toys DX02 DCD batch BODY ONLY and see whether it could work

You can always try - but the body is the real difference between the DCDirect batch and the widespread Asian release. So it's unlikely that someone would be trying to sell the the most-demanded part of the figure (rather than the entirety of the figure).

that dreaded perv dealer from Bangkok, Thailand who (alleged by my friend) always asks 'you like girls? you want nice girls?' with a creepy grin when he is happy after selling off of his merchandise for a hefty price (got my DX01 and DX04+exclusive from him)

:rotfl Disgusting.

Last edited:

I guess that's it!

HAYTIL HAS SPOKEN.

Last edited:

Thanks to one of the foremost authorities in this thread I have managed to find proof that my seller had KNOWINGLY bought a leaking Batch 2 Batman DX02 for cheap from another fellow boardie and has passed that onto me with the price of a DCD Batch... This is TOTAL breach of trust and If even after this he doesnt want to settle this peacefully with me. I will report him to the mods and make sure he gets a negative feedback for misleading condition and the description of the specified item...

Thanks to one of the foremost authorities in this thread I have managed to find proof that my seller had KNOWINGLY bought a leaking Batch 2 Batman DX02 for cheap from another fellow boardie and has passed that onto me with the price of a DCD Batch... This is TOTAL breach of trust and If even after this he doesnt want to settle this peacefully with me. I will report him to the mods and make sure he gets a negative feedback for misleading condition and the description of the specified item...

:clap

Report the member, good on you. Is there any chance of getting your money back?

:clap

Report the member, good on you. Is there any chance of getting your money back?

well Im waiting for him to reply to my PM, if within 24 hours I get no response from him about a compensation and also if he still sticks to his story that he has no 'idea' about what is a DCD Batch or difference in Batches inspite of confirming in his PMs that what he was selling me WAS a 'DCD Batch' Batman. Im gonna report him and also disclose his name. You will be surprised when you get the name as he though not someone who taks part in discussions is always active in the WTB/WTT and FS thread and has lots of +ve feedback with a few neutral too. But Ill make sure he gets his FIRST -ve feedback for blatantly lying and sticking me with an obviously faulty product....

:( That sucks that it happened to you man :mad:

I hope you get it all sorted out :wave

Sorry to hear that AX. guys question?is 400$ for Dark Knight DXO2 worth or 320$ for the Regular MMS71 version?the guy selling the DX says he isn't sure if its the DC batch or not and I am not sure how to check if it is or isn't.thanks in advance

If you look at my collection thread u will see my leaky abs bats.

I would post the link but I'm onmy phone.

Just an update, the seller is showing some signs of co-operating. I am honouring his request by not posting on this thread regarding my situation until it comes to a satisfactory end. I would like to thank the wonderful members of this community for their effort and support regarding the buy/sell situation I faced. Thank You and I hope none of you potential new DX02 buyers will face my crisis! :wave

That's great news Ax.hope he fixes the situation for u.nd thnks for the infor guys.so pretty much id have to touch the abs to tell right?kinda leaning toward the MMS71.340$ is steep but. It does look great

That's great news Ax.hope he fixes the situation for u.nd thnks for the infor guys.so pretty much id have to touch the abs to tell right?kinda leaning toward the MMS71.340$ is steep but. It does look great

Even with my sad situation I love the DX02, THATS how good the figure really is. Much Much Much better than the MMS71. Ask the seller to open the figure and touch the abs and see if they are hard plastic or not. Or better ask him to upload a video on youtube where he prods the abs and you can see clearly whether they bend or not and hit it with like a hard plastic pen or ruler and see if makes a sharp click sound like plastic will on hard plastic. If its ALL hard plastic, you are good to go! :) Its worth EVERY bit of that $!

I have both the MMS71 and the DX02. Both are awesome, but if I couldn't only have 1 it would be the DX02. The one thing I like more about the MMS71 is the Bruce Wayne head.

Back