1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The crotch would tear if he did and other areas of the legs would get marked from stretching/fine split marks. It's not a good figure like the v1 for flexible non damaging rubber.

Shows you how good the v1 was as you can fold the rubber back on itself and it wont split or mark since it's not coated in paint.

P1080368.jpg

P1080369.jpg

P1080370.jpg

P1080493.jpg

P1080494.jpg

P1080475.jpg

P1080742.jpg

I already posted this in the WTB section, but I think I have a better chance here:
Does anybody have a DX Bats belt he doesn't need? Doesn't matter which version. Surely somebody here only uses one and doesn't need the other. :pray: If you're interested in selling, PM me.

Maglor, so you keep telling me. He did say dynamic. Keep it in that position and see what happens.

tdkcrouchhires.jpg

Last edited:

At the end of the day...DX02 = borderline fail :horror

There...I said it....the higher in price he goes...the more of a fail he becomes!

That's why I'm shocked when I read about people considering paying over $250, $300 and even over $400 for him! :horror

Sorry folks, he's just not worth it, not for him to just stand there in the same pose as everyone's else because we're all afraid of tearing and wrinkling and leaking. :lol

Is he worth $250 and under...YES....but no more than that, sorry.

Sorry Mag :lol

Lol - I have to say I tend to agree with that assessment - there's some GREAT things about it, like the accessories (HK scene cape pack, bomb gun, Sonar head) and the chest and ab armour sculpt is damn near spot on.

But there is a LOT of fail in the figure too... oh well

OC Batman FTW

Lol - I have to say I tend to agree with that assessment - there's some GREAT things about it, like the accessories (HK scene cape pack, bomb gun, Sonar head) and the chest and ab armour sculpt is damn near spot on.

But there is a LOT of fail in the figure too... oh well

OC Batman FTW

I miss my OC :monkey2

Not so much my Takara (but the cape was awesome) :lol

Why why why did I sell my OC :slap

Why why why did I cancel my Tumbler preorder :slap

Why why why did I cancel my Mark 1 preorder :slap

I've learned my lessons..hard lessons :lol

No more selling
No more cancelling preorders (looking at you Mark VI and hopefully the 89 Batmobile)

Last edited:

:(

Can't help you with that my friend... don't understand why anyone would ever sell their OC... actually I guess I can, cuz it can fetch you some big money lol

:(

Can't help you with that my friend... don't understand why anyone would ever sell their OC... actually I guess I can, cuz it can fetch you some big money lol

I want a Tumbler so bad that i'm willing to pay $600 for one :lol

But not $1,000 :lol

I've accepted that I will never own one :lol

Maglor, so you keep telling me. He did say dynamic. Keep it in that position and see what happens.

In the position I posted pics of? Well how long do you mean? I left it like that for quite a while. At least a few weeks. I honestly can't imagine it hurting anything. At the end of the day I prefer the more stoic pose though, so that's how I'm leaving him now.

Obviously there is no way the DX could ever do that. I'm just sayin' he's not as restrictive as some say. I know I keep saying that, but people keep making the claim! :panic:

jye4ever, I believe at the time your reason for selling the OC was you were unimpressed with the strength of the ankles, right? And I think you felt the cape was far inferior to Takara. Of course I could be hallucinating this, but for some reason I could swear those were your two complaints!

Hmmm, maybe your "why why why"s were intended to be rhetorical, and you didn't want to be reminded of that rash decision ;-)

At the end of the day...DX02 = borderline fail :horror

There...I said it....the higher in price he goes...the more of a fail he becomes!

That's why I'm shocked when I read about people considering paying over $250, $300 and even over $400 for him! :horror

Sorry folks, he's just not worth it, not for him to just stand there in the same pose as everyone's else because we're all afraid of tearing and wrinkling and leaking. :lol

Is he worth $250 and under...YES....but no more than that, sorry.

Sorry Mag :lol

:lol

Can't argue with that. But I love him despite his faults. :) And I did luck out with a non leaky version.

Glad I got him for cheap though, as I would never pay the prices he goes for now.

Obviously there is no way the DX could ever do that. I'm just sayin' he's not as restrictive as some say. I know I keep saying that, but people keep making the claim! :panic:

I think what's in question is not what poses it can achieve but what ones you can safely leave it in on display for prolonged periods. For photos, this figure is plenty posable, but some poses may cause permanent issues if the figure's left in them for a long period of time. Compared to the regular TDK figure, the rubber on the DX does feel more likely to become damaged over time from some poses due to the differences in the rubber on both suits.

I can't imagine any of the poses I've photographed causing issues, but like I said, I prefer the stoic poses for this character so I guess it's a mute point.

As a side point, don't you think that the pose vodoun posted would damage any rubber figure in time?

jye4ever, I believe at the time your reason for selling the OC was you were unimpressed with the strength of the ankles, right? And I think you felt the cape was far inferior to Takara. Of course I could be hallucinating this, but for some reason I could swear those were your two complaints!

Hmmm, maybe your "why why why"s were intended to be rhetorical, and you didn't want to be reminded of that rash decision ;-)

I think you may be right :lol

The ankles did suck ass on him didn't it :lol

But man what a stupid reason for selling a figure isn't it :slap

BTW....you have an insane memory! :horror

Can't argue with that. But I love him despite his faults. :) And I did luck out with a non leaky version.
Glad I got him for cheap though, as I would never pay the prices he goes for now.

Same here, 8 months and no leak :rock

Same here, I wouldn't pay the going rate either :lol

I can't imagine any of the poses I've photographed causing issues, but like I said, I prefer the stoic poses for this character so I guess it's a mute point.

As a side point, don't you think that the pose vodoun posted would damage any rubber figure in time?

That particular pose, yes, it's an extreme example, but, I do feel that there are poses the v1 can do where the rubber isn't being stressed much or at all that the DX would be.

Unfortunately, the price of the DX having a slimmer look is having a tigher rubber suit.

Dont wanna be rude, but thats not more "dynamic" than the standing pose...

Are you just holding a grudge against me for not agreeing with you inthe DX Joker Thread? :lol j/k :1-1:

The pic is a bit dark, but the right leg (looking at the pic) is almost to the back of the base. The legs are pretty far apart. But I think it still looks more dynamic than fists down, legs together head down, eyes pointed up. If my digital camera wasn't packed already, I would've taken a better pic. Buy I was on the move so oh well :dunno I like the new pose. No one else has to :peace :D

Back