1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Yeah, from everything I've read -- even before this thread -- the oil destroys the figure. And the Batpod is way overpriced. I don't see myself dropping half a grand on it anytime soon... But I believe you, I'm sure it looks rad. I've read that it's really difficult to get the Bats properly mounted on it, though.

i got the batpod for a killer deal. so im happy. i havent tried too hard to pose him on it. but it was difficult. he looks awesome just standing over it, or next to it though. really great.

Yeah, from everything I've read -- even before this thread -- the oil destroys the figure. And the Batpod is way overpriced. I don't see myself dropping half a grand on it anytime soon... But I believe you, I'm sure it looks rad. I've read that it's really difficult to get the Bats properly mounted on it, though.

If you're talking about mounting DX02 on the Bat-Pod, forget it :) Even if you do manage to do it, it'd look unnatural. the DX uses a harder rubber than MMS71 does, and thus greatly hinders articulation. If you have the 3rd batch, you automatically lose the articulation in the abdomen.

Using MMS71 is easier albeit still tricky:

_DSC2380.jpg

I was thinking of making this the default pose for MMS71 since I have the DX02 displayed standing. I ultimately went against it since I'm afraid the rubber will tear over time.

Not 100% sure of this but I think you'll need the TDK v1 if you want him to properly ride on it. Must be some differences in the body/suit design.

Not 100% sure of this but I think you'll need the TDK v1 if you want him to properly ride on it. Must be some differences in the body/suit design.

Yep, you are correct. The harder material on the rubber suit greatly hinders DX02's articulation. It's a Slim TT underneath but whenever you try to pose the figure, the material quickly snaps the body part right back. So DX02 can't do any good dynamic poses. Granted, MMS71 has a smilar problem but the softer rubber enables it to keep some poses for quite a while:

_DSC2015.jpg

_DSC2011.jpg

DX02 can't maintain these poses. It can look good doing this:

_DSC2890.jpg

And this is one of the most dynamic pose that I can make it do and maintain (without worrying):

_DSC2894.jpg

Damn, for such pricey figures, the TDK line really has a lot of room for improvement...

Now, while I wait for my first Batman collectible, a Catwoman bootleg I ordered to arrive from Storerooms, I found a new MIB HT MMS DX02 TDK Batman figure at BlackOPS Toys website yesterday for $250. Since this figure is getting harder to find under $300+, I decided to order it from BOT. According to BOT's website, it was added to their inventory in August 2010. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't exhibit any of the leaking, peeling, or warped cowl problems that exist.
Jeez. I guess I'm lucky to have gotten a non-leaky abs figure for about $190:hi5:

That was the going price from the likes of Toys2 and so on when it was up for pre-order and after release.

That was the going price from the likes of Toys2 and so on when it was up for pre-order and after release.

I only got it a few months ago at a Hastings store.

Thats probably when the prices started going up beyond $200+.

Not to beat a dead horse, but is it automatic that all figures from the first two batches have defects? Did anyone who got figures from those batches ever get one without peeling rubber and oil leaks?

Not to beat a dead horse, but is it automatic that all figures from the first two batches have defects? Did anyone who got figures from those batches ever get one without peeling rubber and oil leaks?
I don't think it was a problem with all of them, but a large majority of them had it.

I agree with slap-happy, most likely not all, but there's a very high probability that a 2nd batch will be affected. Then again, all of those I know with DX02 2nd batch experienced the leaky abs problem. It's in varying degrees, though. There are some that stopped after two weeks, and there's one that's still leaking.

BTW, the 1st batch is an absolute piece of s#!t. If someone's selling it, I'd assume because it has all those QC issues.

As for the deteriorating rubber, someone told me that it's because of the oil left unchecked or something. That's why he religiously wipes it off. I also know someone who doesn't wipe his DX02's oil but doesn't encounter any problems yet.

Back