1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

While doing it, noticed that it would be so easy to make it look like a hollow cowl. Since the eyes just pop out, all you would need is to lightly dremmel the mouth area and the eyes slightly.

It would be a shame to do it on such an expensive head, but it seems easier than doing it to the V1 Dark Knight head, since with the DX head all the work is pretty much done to make space for the PERS. If I could afford to I can't say I wouldn't be tempted, so that the Hong Kong jump scene could be replicated.

Why would you need to mod the headsculpt for that scene though? Him holding his mask off?

Hey Grey have you tried rotating the eyes? Maybe the lazy eye is from it being upside down?

Why would you need to mod the headsculpt for that scene though? Him holding his mask off?

Yeah, I just mean when he is on top of the building holding an empty cowl. Could use it for either that or if you wanted to have a suit on display or something :dunno Just idea really.

Hey Grey have you tried rotating the eyes? Maybe the lazy eye is from it being upside down?

How do you mean?

When I popped the eyes out and looked at them, one seemed positioned slightly lower, so I removed the pin and essentially turned that eye upside down and put it back together and it was fixed. Sorry if I forgot to mention that bit in the "how to".

Either way that fixed the problem and they are both centred now so all's good :rock

I'll say :lol great work though mate, beneficial to all!

Cheers bud :hi5: Had to do something with my day :lol

How do you mean?

When I popped the eyes out and looked at them, one seemed positioned slightly lower, so I removed the pin and essentially turned that eye upside down and put it back together and it was fixed. Sorry if I forgot to mention that bit in the "how to".

Either way that fixed the problem and they are both centred now so all's good :rock

Cheers bud :hi5: Had to do something with my day :lol

Yeah that is what I meant. I wonder if those that have the cross eyes have two right or left eyes then.

Yeah I've no idea on a cross eyed fix. This was just sorta accidental and curiosity to see if it would work and it did! Even so, if you wanted to be able to control the eyes individually, the PERS mechanism doesn't have to be completely destroyed. By removing those two pins the eyes can be controlled individually, and then re-assembled at a later date for whatever reason.

Thanks for this. My gf bought me this guy from BBTS's DC Direct batch, and I don't get to see it til my birthday at the end of August! I've saved your tutorial just in case. At least it isn't leaking oil...now that would drive me crazy.

No problem! Like I said, I don't know what to do if its cross-eyed, but it worked for mine since it had a lazy eye. Also forgot to metion in the "how to" and incase you didn't see above, when I disconnected the eye, I just turned upside down and problem solved.

Atleast if it is cross-eyed you can pose the two eyes individually and re-assemble it at a later date if you choose to without breaking or destroying anything.

Nice work Grey! :hi5:

I couldn't see how this would help those with cross eyes until I fugred this bit out:

Atleast if it is cross-eyed you can pose the two eyes individually and re-assemble it at a later date if you choose to without breaking or destroying anything.

So one could dismantle it as you said, put the eyes back in place, and they could be controlled individually without having the crossbar/joystick in place. Right?

...I may actually try this just to be totally sure I have straight eyes... if I can work up the nerve...

woo hoo my Kai bruce wayne headsculpt came in today! took 4 days from taiwan EMS shipping, will put on tongiht and take pics so ya'll can be jelous.

Thanks for this. My gf bought me this guy from BBTS's DC Direct batch, and I don't get to see it til my birthday at the end of August! I've saved your tutorial just in case. At least it isn't leaking oil...now that would drive me crazy.

No but it could be by then. I say could. Someone else has it from the DCD batch and the bicep plates are oozing like mine on certain small sections of the black trim. Ever so slightly but enough to spot it against matte black.

Nice work Grey! :hi5:

I couldn't see how this would help those with cross eyes until I fugred this bit out:

So one could dismantle it as you said, put the eyes back in place, and they could be controlled individually without having the crossbar/joystick in place. Right?

...I may actually try this just to be totally sure I have straight eyes... if I can work up the nerve...

Yeah spot on! With those pins removed, the bar with the knob on will come off and you can control them individually! It looks more difficult than it is, and you can also re-assemble at a later date so there is no permanent damage to your figure! (my kind of mod :hi5::lol)

Pushing the pins out is the same as if you took a couple of links out on a watch strap. Drawing pin or needle would work just as well. The knife was just what was at hand.

Nice!

It's my kind of mod too! I really didn't want to cut anything up.

I probably don't need to do the mod, but I might just to put my mind at rest! ;)

Then I'll do the V1 neck mod and I'll be set! :yess:

Assuming mine doesn't start leaking, I'll Have my ideal TDK Bats! :rock

Here are some photos of my bruce wayne Kai head, still looks a little long even though I asked him to lower it for me, maybe I will do this on my own, looks a little big too? At least he put a piece of metal in there for me so that it will attract to the magnet.

97ebcb29.jpg

06eb2234.jpg

3bc19ce7.jpg

fa2d31cd.jpg

0b62d6fc.jpg

32899c47.jpg

e235ecf2.jpg

How would you recommend to lower the neck? Or should I cut into the head so that it sits lower?

Back