1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I remember someone posted comparison pics of a batman with a "gut" and one with a flat belly... I think it was Maglor, not sure. I'm trying to get that flat look on one of my bats (the other came perfectly flat), but it's dang hard... I feel like I'm going to break the body. How exactly was he futzed?

Funny you should ask. Someone else just asked about that in lforigno's custom cape thread and I re-posted the comparison shots you refer to:

I think I know what you are asking...

I made a post about this problem in the DX02 thread a while ago, but am not sure if anyone noticed it.

I have seen the belly sticking out on a lot of peoples DX02's and it's a posing issue. Out of the box his belly looks pretty much like this:

P1070523.jpg

You have to work with the hips and pelvis area to get is gut (and butt) positioned correctly. Like this:

P1070522.jpg

Then put on the belt and it will look just like this:

P1070805.jpg

People complain that this figure has limited poseability, but all those points of articulation really do matter when it comes to the finer points! ;)

When I first saw pics of the DCD body with the hard abs I was worried about the gut sticking out because the older batches seemed to have such flatter stomachs in all the pics, but like I said, in the end it's just an issue of how you pose the pelvis, not the upper body. In my experience, they ship him with his ass poking out!

Well I can finally join the DX club!! I ordered one ftom GoHastings on the 26th for $135.00, I was afraid that the orderd woudn't be filled but it shipped last night w/ expedited shipping so I should have it on Wed or Thurs.!!

The cool thing is that it comes with extra wrist pegs , so I can use on the replace on the V1 thatI broke .

Since I have the V1 displayed I'll probably keep this one MIB aside from the wrist peg.

man if anyone that picked up multiples from gohastings decides they would like to part with one for a decent price, please let me know. thanks.

You are welcome. By the way your pictures are amazing! :rock

Thanks! :)

Just curious. How do you know yours is from the DCD batch? It's not just because it says DCD on the back is it?

Yours has the hard plastic abs?

We'll see about that one Lordscum. Once you see the DX Batman You'll forget about the V1. DX is so much better than the V1.

woo hoo my Kai headsculpt shipped on Monday, any chance itll be here by friday or sat? it's coming from HK to California.

What do you mean, 'weird neck'?

All I see is the crossed eyes! :google

Last edited:

ok got a question do all the new figs come with the plastic like this on the belt
64.jpg

because my old one came with the plastic like this on the belt before i got the exchange if so maybe this can clear things up for people
1b84f08e.jpg

Wow crap, how do you guys get the cape in those slots? Just force it in? I swear, anything Hot Toys I put together I'm nervous as hell.

ok got a question do all the new figs come with the plastic like this on the belt
64.jpg

because my old one came with the plastic like this on the belt before i got the exchange if so maybe this can clear things up for people
1b84f08e.jpg

Yes all three of my DX came with the platic tape behind the belt. It's a _____ to take off all that tacky tape

I think he meant the plastic over the belt like in the second pic. None of my bats from gohastings or bbts came with that one.

Back