1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Dude that is crap, but I'm not surprised. The thing about a lot of life is the amount of trust we have in others that we may never have met. Mail is the easiest thing in the world to steal and get away with. Right now I can go down to the main office of my building and carry out any box I want from the store room and no one would know. I can drive down about any street and clean out every mail box on the block and no one would know.

Which is why I don't understand why the USPS doesn't make it an automatic rule that a parcel must be signed for. It's one thing to leave smaller packages and envelopes unattended but this was a freaking BOX that needed to be delivered from a truck. The weight alone should be enough to make anyone say "maybe I should'nt leave this unattended.

This whole thing was a perfect storm of errors.

Last edited:

That really sucks dude.

About a year and a half ago, I started missing some packages in my apartment building. The mailman comes while I'm at work, so when he's got a package that doesn't fit in the mailbox (which is quite small, as it's a large bank of slots, one for each apartment), he just leaves it in the hallway by the stairs, near the front door, where everyone walks by.

Well, I noticed some packages never seemed to arrive from Ebay, despite the sellers claiming they had sent them. At one point, I lost an expensive collectible - a Dark Knight Joker Poker set - and that's when I decided someone must be stealing these packages after the mailman leaves them.

Turns out I was right - a few months later, I noticed a flurry of hand-written signs taped on the wall of the hallway, from other residents demanding that people stop stealing packages and asking that they return them. I guess one person had had enough and posted a sign, and someone else saw the sign and realized it was a building-wide problem and not just them, so they posted a sign, and so on.

So the problem affected all of us. Of course, the signs were gone within two days - either the landlord took them down (either because they weren't aesthetically pleasing or because he didn't want tenants and prospective tenants to become scared), or the thief felt guilty and tore them down himself.

Anyway, after I lost the Joker Poker set, I started having all packages routed to my girlfriend, since she lives in a house with roommates, not an apartment building with a lobby and a bunch of strangers. She's moving now, to an apartment building but I learned I can route packages to my workplace instead now, so I'm just going to do that.

What really bugs me is why the mailman thinks it's acceptable to leave packages on the floor like that. Leaving it in a public hallway, where plenty of strangers walk by each and every time they enter and exit the building is NOT acceptable - it's no better than leaving it on the curb of the street. If there's no office to leave it with, the US Post Office should, by policy, leave a slip asking you to schedule a redelivery or pick it up at the Post Office. But I guess some of them are too lazy and don't care enough.

I hope you get your package back - but common sense (and previous experience) suggests you won't.

Either way, I'd consider finding an alternative destination for larger packages - because even if they had left it in front of your door, and not your old apartment's door, someone could have just as easily taken it as they walk down the hallway. A friend's place, your workplace, or even a mailbox rental place - it's all better than a semi-public hallway being used as your mailbox.

Thats what they did with my DX-01 in that instance they were smart enough to have me pick it up when they couldn't personally give it to me. However, the sender placed a signature confirmation on that one which the dx-02 I'm sure did not. Either way that should be standard for all parcels. The other thing is that at the moment I am between jobs so I fully expected to be home during the delivery hours (generally 10am-2pm) so I'm less upset at the mailman for doing that than I am at the lady who instead of safekeeping it until she could give it to the super of the building instead left it on a table. Besides, since she didn't know me one would think the smart thing to do is give it to the super so he can forward it or something.

Then you have paypal that for some reason or other thought it wise to save my OLD address after I updated it. When I did the transaction I had no reason to think it wouldn't be my right address, in 2010 alone I've used paypal nearly 20 times and never had a problem.

Either way I'm screwed.

Sucks man. I live in an apartment with USPS lockers for packages. They just leave a key in your locked mailbox and you go and open the locker for your stuff. I would not feel as confident in buying stuff if I didn't have the lockers to use. A couple of times I would be given the wrong key and I would have to wait for the other person to find he got my package instead, but all in all it's worked out okay.

@Difabio
That sucks man. My DX Bats had scuffs on the chest plate, a broke arm and a burr on his ear. It went back and waiting for a replacement.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm just going to have to let it go. I guess it could be worse right? The scuffs could be on the bat symbol or on the head. It still bothers me though. It's not like these are cheap figures that I bought at retail or something.

I'm getting kind of worried. This DX Batman, complaints about someone's T-800 having two of the same arms, it's like Hot Toys quality control is going to ____.

EDIT:

Also, nothing seems consistent. I just took the sonar head off my second Batman figure to swap out the face plates and the head came off in a completely different way the first one did. This time the ball joint came OFF in the head last week on my first one I took the head off and only the head. Not the clear plastic ball that goes over the light bulb in the neck.

Maybe this is what I get for buying two but the more I think about it had I not bought this second one someone else would most likely have this problem.

Still kinda glad I never bought a DX Tbh.

I'm digging the DX Cape, Sonar Head and Sticky Gun on my V.1, and haven't had anything that makes me feel bad about buying any of them.

b-1.jpg

I thought that too, but now that I have my DX side by side with the V1, I can really see the difference in the suit details and body mass. The chest is way reduced and the plates look so much more accurate on the DX.

Thanks rory, me too.

zidane you do know you can at least get your money back right?!? I mean PLEASE tell me your not gonna roll over & just accept the loss. The facts are YOU DID NOT RECIEVE YOUR PURCHASE!

That means you are entitled to "Buyer Protection" that comes with just about every bank I know of. STEP #1, go down to your local police dept & make a full theft report. By law a detective must take the case & start an active investigation into the matter at hand (oh dear, where are you located? because everything I'm telling you is predicated on American laws). But many countries tend to have comparative laws. Any way, step #2. After making a police report, request a copy of it to take too your bank to file a theft report with them. Make sure your copy of the police report has an incident number on it, because you bank will most likely need it for their report.

Step #3, once you bank has your police report & has started their own investagation, approx 30 days later (pending the out come of the investigation) you should recieve full credit for your stolen purchase. Oh yeah! also contact Pay Pal & inform them of the theft & request to file a failure to recieve goods complaint, & make sure to get a incident number from them. Don't worry about being able to prove any thing or worry about the seller being able to prove that they shipped it. The purpose of filing complaints & theft reports with ANY & ALL that are willing to make the report, is to help prove to your bank that you are not lieing or full of _______.

When you bank sees that you went through all this trouble its like 99.9% that you'll at least get a refund if not the package back. & because the police must come out to your complex & speak to all parties involved there might be a chance the Detective might just end up questioning the perp. It still might not get an arrest or your package back but it WILL MOST DEFFINATELY scare the hell out of the perp.

Your bank will be able to get you justice faster than any post master or painted sign. Good luck & God's Speed my friend.

zidane you do know you can at least get your money back right?!? I mean PLEASE tell me your not gonna roll over & just accept the loss. The facts are YOU DID NOT RECIEVE YOUR PURCHASE!

That means you are entitled to "Buyer Protection" that comes with just about every bank I know of. STEP #1, go down to your local police dept & make a full theft report. By law a detective must take the case & start an active investigation into the matter at hand (oh dear, where are you located? because everything I'm telling you is predicated on American laws). But many countries tend to have comparative laws. Any way, step #2. After making a police report, request a copy of it to take too your bank to file a theft report with them. Make sure your copy of the police report has an incident number on it, because you bank will most likely need it for their report.

Step #3, once you bank has your police report & has started their own investagation, approx 30 days later (pending the out come of the investigation) you should recieve full credit for your stolen purchase. Oh yeah! also contact Pay Pal & inform them of the theft & request to file a failure to recieve goods complaint, & make sure to get a incident number from them. Don't worry about being able to prove any thing or worry about the seller being able to prove that they shipped it. The purpose of filing complaints & theft reports with ANY & ALL that are willing to make the report, is to help prove to your bank that you are not lieing or full of _______.

When you bank sees that you went through all this trouble its like 99.9% that you'll at least get a refund if not the package back. & because the police must come out to your complex & speak to all parties involved there might be a chance the Detective might just end up questioning the perp. It still might not get an arrest or your package back but it WILL MOST DEFFINATELY scare the hell out of the perp.

Your bank will be able to get you justice faster than any post master or painted sign. Good luck & God's Speed my friend.

Yeah what he said!

This is why ordering online is a nightmare! I HATE UPS and Fed Ex. Those bastards will toss your package anywhere and not care.

I lost a few packages a few months ago. luckily they were small priced items and the sellers refunded me but t was horrible. And UPS/USPS/Fed Ex they are all completely useless. That's the protection f unions for you.. allows you to be completely complacent and useless and get away with it without reprocussion.

And living in an apartment SUCKS for this :(

When i lost this item i spent HOURS calling every tom ____ and harry in USPS. One directs you to another and then they direct you to someone else... and you call and let the phone ring for 15 mins until finally someone picks up and then they redirect you to the first person you talked to. So they tell you to talk to someone else but you call and it's 5 PM on the dot so they close and do NOT handle anything until 9 the next morning.

Days went by and I had it down to the mail carrier. "Matt" was his name. Well guess what it was Matt's day off the day the item was "delivered" so he has no idea what happened to it. "We'll file a case for the investigator on this" is his response. im sure an investigator does not even exist and if he does im sure he doesn't do anything.

So of course nothing became of it.

Ive been so paranoid since but luckily knock on wood, they have been compliant with the note ive left on my mailbox asking them to leave slips if the item does not fit in the box.

Anyone get their gohastings bat yet? Mine says it just shipped.

Yep, got mine today. Paid for expedited shipping.

Hopefully tomorrow, but for sure Monday. Its about two hours away. I just want to go pick it up.

Ah awesome. Just making sure it was really the DX Bats. How was the box condition? Honestly, at that price, I wouldn't mind if it was a little beat up.

I got two: one for me and one for a friend that I knew wouldn't have ordered in time. The first box was as good as I could have hoped for with minimal wear. The second was also in good shape but looked like it had been spider-wrapped (the security things at stores like Best Buy for high priced items) and it looked like wires had been tightly wrapped around it. Other than the small indents from the wires it's great.

The figures themselves are perfect.

I hope everyone else's boxes are as good as mine were and also that they run this deal again so everyone that missed it can get one. This figure truly can't be missed if you're a Batman fan. Especially if you're a Batman fan that needs all the extra cash you can get after opting for the Cinemaquette Batmobile :)

EDIT: And these came in two different boxes although they were one order, so don't worry if you only get one box, the other will show up. Mine shipped from two different places.

Its odd that gohastings has the DCD batch for sale in used condition when they were just released like two weeks ago in the U.S. So someone bought it and returned it right away for them to sell it gently used? You sure you got the U.S release and not leftover 2nd batch?

Back