1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hey Guys,

I just ordered another bats off gohastings. Could someone please verify that their gohastings bats is indeed the DCD release? And if they noticed anything strange/off about their figure. The price seems absurdly low, and I guess I'm a little skittish about what I may get.

Almost positive it will be the DCD batch because its where they get their comic books. Also the timing of the shipments. To late for the for first two batches. Mine is sorted and hopefully is in the truck and coming to my house. Ill let you know then.

Hey Guys,

I just ordered another bats off gohastings. Could someone please verify that their gohastings bats is indeed the DCD release? And if they noticed anything strange/off about their figure. The price seems absurdly low, and I guess I'm a little skittish about what I may get.

I hope the best to whomever ordered but I don't see how it can be the DCD one.

It's been stated already that all have DCD on the box, correct?

They don't even use the DCD description, at least the Amazon one does but that also can be misleading.

Ughhh, never easy :lol

Hey Guys,

The two I have gotten in two different packages from two different GoHastings locations were both the DC Direct batch.

Even if all the boxes have the DCD Logo, I know what the oily ab plate looks like. And these don't have it.

It's just one of those fortunate circumstances when the store selling them doesn't know what they're worth. Then they offer 20% off :lol

EDIT: As I also say below, I just compared the Hastings box to the original HK box from December and they also have different UPCs.

Last edited:

I finally made some time to open up my DX Batman this morning. This is my 6th Hot Toys figure, and it might be my new favorite, although that could be because he is the new guy in the group. Here is a pic of him, and a pic of my Batman display:

IMG_0823b-1.jpg

IMG_0816b-1.jpg

The image in the background is from istock photo here. I bought the large version and printed it on my color roll plotter at work. Its not the best printer, but from 4 feet away the background looks great.

(DCD release, no sign of any oil in the abs)

I just compared the Hastings box to the original HK box from December and they also have different UPCs.

Why in the world would gohastings be selling these at such a ridiculously low price? :dunno:dunno:dunno

The two I have gotten in two different packages from two different GoHastings locations were both the DC Direct batch.

Even if all the boxes have the DCD Logo, I know what the oily ab plate looks like. And these don't have it.

It's just one of those fortunate circumstances when the store selling them doesn't know what they're worth. Then they offer 20% off :lol

EDIT: As I also say below, I just compared the Hastings box to the original HK box from December and they also have different UPCs.

So the abs are hard plastic and not rubber right?

I finally made some time to open up my DX Batman this morning. This is my 6th Hot Toys figure, and it might be my new favorite, although that could be because he is the new guy in the group. Here is a pic of him, and a pic of my Batman display:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/pipipi314/IMG_0823b-1.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/pipipi314/IMG_0816b-1.jpg

The image in the background is from istock photo here. I bought the large version and printed it on my color roll plotter at work. Its not the best printer, but from 4 feet away the background looks great.

(DCD release, no sign of any oil in the abs)

That backdrop really is stunning!

Received mine yesterday!! Love the Detail, But Not too happy with the Rubber suit! Does Hot Toys Rubber suits have a limited shelf life? has anyone's Batman, noticeably shown any deterioration?

This is my first DC Hot Toys figure, Never picked any of the other figures except Ironman, Does the first Batman have a Rubber Suit too? I am Looking forward to the Thor and Captain America figures, but, would be very disappointed if they produced them with the Rubber suits.

Last edited:

I worked for Hastings many years ago and Ill just say that I was under impressed with the business.

So the consensus is that gohastings is selling from the DCD batch?

Oh well, just tried to pick one up and only after I added it to my cart and filled everything out did it tell me in the review screen that they're out of stock.

With this and my stolen DX-02 box from my lobby this really hasn't been my week

So the abs are hard plastic and not rubber right?

Correct. Just touched the HK one and then the Hastings (DCD) one and those abs are much harder/solid than I thought they'd be. Definitely the hard plastic.

EDIT: And I compared the UPC to the DX02 I received from Redford Films last week and they are the same.

So this is 100% the DCD Batch. For sure. No question. Etc. :)

Last edited:

I just checked my order number, and it's the exact same as my last order (which has already shipped), so a new order does not come up on my account... wtf! I hope this doesn't cause any problems with them sending my new order.

So, forbiddenplanet.com sold out, BBTS is sold out, Toys2 sold out... :eek:

I'm not sure how Hot Toys distributes their figures... when the third batch is made and sent, that's it? Retailers won't be getting anymore from HT?

Yeah, the DC Direct run is the final run. Just in bigger numbers over the Hong Kong 1st run (batch 1), 2nd run everywhere else for smaller retailers/etailers (batch 2). Officially the DCD run is the 3rd worldwide batch.

Ah, then the stock BBTS and other retailers got is pretty much all they're getting directly? I always thought they would restock from HT, but I guess not.

Oh and for those of you still looking for bats, I think you should check back often, they sometimes go in-stock in short bursts. They're in-stock atm, don't know how long it'll last this time.

Last edited:
Back