1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Me too, I could spend hours in there, not to mention a lot of money!

I'll give that mod a go, thanks mate.

I spend hours in there every other weekend pretty much, lol. But hardly ever buy HT stuff from there, actually I never have since they always have ripoff prices unfortunately. But great to go there to see things 'in person' so to speak

FP london are complete rip off!! they sometimes charge upto £40 more for a fig than their website does!
my dxo2 came from the website yesterday! a masterpiece of a figure!!

Yeah the HT stuff seemed overpriced. I wanted a DX from the DCD batch though and this was the only way I could guarantee it. Can't complain though, I'm a happy camper right now.

Hearing that the fb in london has them in store makes me very angry.....they don't hate enough stock to send people who pre-ordered early like me, but they have enough to sell in store for £25 more! Not a good way to do business surely, satisfy the customers who ordered it ages ago and then sell the extras in store, but they gave me the excuse that they were short shipped! Not happy.

Yeah it's for reasons like above that they don't have much of my respect. They take full advantage of the fact that they don't have much competition selling these things out in the UK.

I know what you mean, I'd pre-ordered too, but they operate the mail order service seperately from the stores, that's their excuse anyway.

Do they sell much of a selection of hot toys figure over there in fb ..and do any of you know any other good places to get hot toys over in england ..might be worth popping over there sometime 2 av a look.

Saw a few in there yesterday, the Alien Big Chap caught my eye for sure

Saw a few in there yesterday, the Alien Big Chap caught my eye for sure

Id be tempted to get one of those just 4 the fact of gracing my collection with an alien ..but im not a fan of all that rubber(king leo being the acception)

Well thats what i thought until i talked to the guy in the store, all their pre-order stock comes into the store....hence why you can see a pre-order board behind the desk in the back, really poor. And the worst thing is that i waited to order it from them because it was a little cheaper and i wanted to support english companies too in the time of recession that we were in at the time, instead of ordering it from ebay like i usually do, well now i feel a chump as i'm faced with the prospect of spending nearly £200 on this figure on ebay or going up to london and buying it instore! (after train fare and stuff it'll be about that price) has really put a bad taste in my mouth, i would have thought that in this time of competitive market places online companies like this would fulfil their pre-orders....i know i'd hate continued shopping from them if they had.

Wow, that does suck.

I love the FB in london! for the cape if u unstitch the clips and remove them from the material then simply poke the corners of the material into the suit it works great

If you use the clips correctly that really shouldn't be necessary.

I just hate to see a figure be moded unnecessarily...

you....of all people have the brass to question ME....SUPREMEQUEEN, about what you think is "wrong" with me???

look.....BIZZARRO, let me see if I can explain the irony of your statment in a way you might comprehend. "me em no talk backward. me em no translate broken words for being you to understand".

savvy!

*shakes head*

Where's MaulFan these days...

I think the clips are the worst part of the DX but that's my opinion. The best look is without the clips for me for sure. And also with a custom cape as well.

I'm sure you could make it look good by futzing around with the clips but at the end of the day, the cape is totally inaccurate anyway, just get some cloth and make your own cape or buy one from lforigno and you will NOT be disappointed, it will have more accurate looking material, will have the accurate V cut at the back, and will sit much better around the shoulders.

I just got my lforigno cape yesterday. :)

Ironed it last night. Haven't had the time to put it on yet, but I think you are right about going with a custom cape.

The custom cape I just got is just like the Takara cape, only the appropriate length for TDK.

I just got my lforigno cape yesterday. :)

Ironed it last night. Haven't had the time to put it on yet, but I think you are right about going with a custom cape.

Really fantastic cape,it totally completes the figure:)

I need to do that as well. It's all wrinkled now from being in the box.

Bah, one of the damn batteries leaked in my Joker DX base... was pretty messy to clean. Now I'm afraid to ever put batteries in there again... which leads me to a question:

What type of battery does the Sonar head use? AAA? If so, I guess I'll leave batteries out.

Back