1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Makes sense, there was a time when people could customize things at this site and show them off just to share the art and not have it come off as marketing campaign or result in dozens of people wanting to buy things, but nowadays, most custom work only draws out interest for purchase, otherwise people seem to ignore more than appreciate, which is a shame, it's art within this hobby and I find it enjoyable just to see the things people achieve.

Both the DX and OC Bats have capes I made from some fabric I found at a JoAnn's Fabric and Craft store. This is very similar, if not identical.

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2699&PRODID=xprd540718

It's flocked velvet on the outside and matte black on the inside. Hereare a couple pics of the one I made for my OC Bats.

bats1.jpg

bats2.jpg

It's funny how the V1 Batman looks so great next to the OC Batman in these pictures. Then put it next to the DX Batman it goes down a few points. I think if the DX hadn't come out no one would say how big the V1 really is. I'll be keeping both I think.

Makes sense, there was a time when people could customize things at this site and show them off just to share the art and not have it come off as marketing campaign or result in dozens of people wanting to buy things, but nowadays, most custom work only draws out interest for purchase, otherwise people seem to ignore more than appreciate, which is a shame, it's art within this hobby and I find it enjoyable just to see the things people achieve.

Yep, nothing I do is meant to make any money, I just like to fiddle with my own figures to improve them to where I'm happy with them. I'd be more than happy to offer tips or whatnot to people who'd like to make their own stuff, but I'm in a self-imposed exile when it comes to commissioning things.

I personally don't do commissions anymore, even of the very small variety, as years back I got myself into a hole with some repaints I was doing and I prefer to avoid taking on any commissions whatsoever to ensure that I won't be put in the same situation again. I only customize my own products on my own time to avoid my hobby becoming anything resembling a job. Hopefully that makes sense.

I can't blame you to be honest. Look at the amount of custom jobs that have went stale on this board.

Still no word on mine from DCBS - anyone else still waiting to get a shipping notification from them?

I can't blame you to be honest. Look at the amount of custom jobs that have went stale on this board.

Exactly. I don't ever want there to be the possibility of myself being included in that list.

I also subscribe to the "Teach a man to fish" ideal. I'd much rather explain something and help someone learn it themselves than see people get charged $50 or so for something that takes 10 minutes.

In that case cr0w care to teach me how to paint a head sculpt? PM me

forbiddenplanet have updated their site to "due to arrive june 4th!" so i should have it next week!!

okay guys...help me out with this figure..I'm on the fence about buying this figure....is he worth it??? Should the ab leaking issue make me wait for another Batman figure?

okay guys...help me out with this figure..I'm on the fence about buying this figure....is he worth it??? Should the ab leaking issue make me wait for another Batman figure?
I say YES it's worth it!I have both the original TDK and the DX version.Even when mine had oil leaking out of it's stomach it still looked awesome!Now,that they resolved the problem this figure is better than before.Well,that's what i think anyway!:wink1:

I don't see why BBTS charged me when the status of the figure is"waiting to enter the warehouse". Shouldn't they have waited until they arrived?

I don't see why BBTS charged me when the status of the figure is"waiting to enter the warehouse". Shouldn't they have waited until they arrived?

Waiting to enter the warehouse to ship to you, not waiting for their shipment to arrive to them. 3 day weekend, should be changed to shipped status tomorrow I'd bet, along with a tracking #.

Look who turned up this morning!:) (DCD Batch)

100_1031.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1032.jpg

Limit: Batman you look stunning!,who are you wearing?
Batman:Iforigno

:yess: UPS updated my shipping to "out for delivery" this morning- one day ahead of schedule! :clap

Could it be that the ears of the batman mask have different sizes? The right one seems taller than the left one.

i think its the way the head is tilted slightly down and to the left. i love the look on the jokers face in that last picture really looks like hes smiling

Back