1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hey Bat-collectors! I need some help here...:wave
What is a GOOD price to pay for the Hot Toys MMS DX 02 TDK figure MIMB? :lecture

$1.00 would be a very GOOD price to pay for it. But thats not realistic , so....

Honestly, the best price I've seen was from board member Q. He had them listed @ $170 shipped! Ive done alot of pricing research & checked multiple listings on eBay & all of them seem to run about the same price range, $165-$220+. BigBadToyStore had them @ $164.99 for preorders, but they are now sold-out. I remember some people also said they paid $135 from DCBS (i think that was the name of the site) but they have since sold out as well.. But thats not really an option unless your willing to wait awhile!

The listings on eBay for this piece always start cheap ($.99) but always seem to end with a high final price ($215). Which is stupid that someone would pay that price for it, esp. when there are "Buy It Now" listings that are cheaper than some of the final bidding prices for this figure!

So overall I would say the most reasonable/cheapest prices ive seen have ranged from $170-$190.

I would personally pay no more than $199 for it...

Hey Bat-collectors! I need some help here...:wave
What is a GOOD price to pay for the Hot Toys MMS DX 02 TDK figure MIMB? :lecture

I say $150 would be a great price.... cos that's how much i paid :yess:

do you think there will be a second wave of these to hit the stores or is this it?dont know if i should by one on e-bay or wait. has anybody got one one a waitlist from SS

I preordered one from Viking, I'm guessing it's a second wave version. Can't wait, it will go great with my DX Joker.

do you think there will be a second wave of these to hit the stores or is this it?dont know if i should by one on e-bay or wait. has anybody got one one a waitlist from SS

Sideshow doesn't distribute HT's DC items, DC Direct does. There's only one wave, that which was released last week, and there will be no refresh of stock.

Here is a couple of pics, I dig the light up features.

Does anyone else think the belly sticks out more on the DCD batch?

Not like a potbelly, but the abs (above the belt) don't match/meet the groin (below the belt).

yeah just a lil but I assumed that is to compensate for the fact that now the belly wont budge when bending over so having a bit of room would help not to damage the leggings ;)

And this is more so in the DCD batch than the others, right?

It's because of the clear plastic divider below the rubber.

Both the DX and OC Bats have capes I made from some fabric I found at a JoAnn's Fabric and Craft store. This is very similar, if not identical.

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2699&PRODID=xprd540718

It's flocked velvet on the outside and matte black on the inside. Hereare a couple pics of the one I made for my OC Bats.

bats1.jpg

bats2.jpg

Hi, first time posting,
Thanks for the link to the fabric, I'll probably be doing the same to mine. I was wondering did you use the same pattern for the cape that came with the original figure or has it been tweaked? thanks

Will someone be available to make capes for us in the DC batch? It's really my only nit. I may need one for my OC Bats too.

Anyway, let us know.

cr0w wont be selling any. Sadly. This was asked a long time back.

Hi, first time posting,
Thanks for the link to the fabric, I'll probably be doing the same to mine. I was wondering did you use the same pattern for the cape that came with the original figure or has it been tweaked? thanks

I used the pattern from the Takara Batman Begins figure and basically cut it about 1 1/2 times the size, if not a little more, to make it as massive as possible.

pjam: lforigno might be selling more of his, I'm not entirely sure. I personally don't do commissions anymore, even of the very small variety, as years back I got myself into a hole with some repaints I was doing and I prefer to avoid taking on any commissions whatsoever to ensure that I won't be put in the same situation again. I only customize my own products on my own time to avoid my hobby becoming anything resembling a job. Hopefully that makes sense.

Back