1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I actually think everyone with oil problems should get their figures to be replaced, it sucks to potentially have to destroy and wait for the figure replacement, but where this is growing to be a more widespread problem, it'll leave HT thinking there is no problem unless they're slammed with returns like the flaking paint and the warped heads.

The good news if Eric is going to bat for this, and experiencing it himself, is that he'll probably also push with HT about ensuring the replacements don't suffer this, rather than just going sure send new ones, he'll realize if he's got it and a number of his customers are getting it, it's not an isolated problem.

I just submitted an email to Toys2 to find out what needs to be done. If it were just a matter of constant wiping I might have endured, but when the only thing HT'll say is keep wiping and now the wiping is causing the paint to wear away, they can kiss my rear for a $200 item, they owe it to customers not to put out stuff like this and if this problem to is tied to a rush in production, that's on them.

Do you have a photo of the paint wearing away?

I'm really dissappointed with the sort of "don't give a ____" attitude they're taking with this problem, I got that same answer and it just sounds like a guessing game, like "here, try this, I can't be bothered by you", it doesn't suggest to me that they're even looking into the problem, but that's why I intend to persist in pestering them. There is no other sticker on the belt, only the protective tape from shipping.

I'm starting to lean towards replacement now too, I noticed this morning after his wipe down, that the paint is coming off where I have to wipe, and since I still have to wipe, it's only going to get worse. For a $200 they can replace it, it's not customers' fault they put out a defective product, Toyota can man up, so can Hot Toys.

I agree man, I dunno if its cuz its chinese new years or what, but it seems like they are not taking the issue seriously. I also agree that paying $200 for a fig and to have another batch of issues is no good. It was nice of em to suprise us to relase it early but not at the expense of top QC. I hope you guys can get it resloved.

ARMOR1.jpg

The ab plate is spotty where the paint's being affected, and the pattern on the kevlar plate is wearing away.

ARMOR1.jpg

The ab plate is spotty where the paint's being affected, and the pattern on the kevlar plate is wearing away.

Wow yours must really be seeping a lot of oil.
Mine is at the bottom of the ab.
I too think that his should be addressed by Hot Toys, they are not winning any points from ignoring the fans.

Thing is, it's not, looking at your video, and others' photos, mine seemed to seep less, though maybe I wiped it away more often so it couldn't build up too much, but it's an unstoppable thing, it just keeps coming back, and seemingly quicker the more you wipe away. Like I said, if all HT can be bothered to suggest is keep wiping it and this is the result, they can just replace it for me and anyone else having the same result, maybe that'll show them to actually look into the problem and resolve it.

Ironic that one of their coolest figures made is turning to be one of the biggest production flops they've ever had, haven't seen this big a problem since the ALIENS figure with the breaking joints and flaking paint that had.

Seems strange of hot toys to be having that attitude towards there fans. I've been trying to follow this thread but haven't been able to keep up , has the reason this oily stuff is appearing actually known and if not isn't it possible hot toys themselves still might be trying to figure it out ?.
They might not actually have any answers and are terrified there going to have to replace every figure out there with more with the same problems.

I think it silicone oil. Rubber buttons on remote controls have it embedded inside them, and they are known to leak too.

:lecture
That's the best explanation I have heared so far.

MaulFan, I'm sorry to hear about your paint rubbing off. Really sucks, and your right to start getting a little peaved!

I'm sure I would be doing just as much rubbing as you, but it is the rubbing and not the oil that is causing the paint to come off.

I know that this is what Hot Toys recomended, but has anyone just left the oil? What happens then? Does it actually start to drip or does it just stay the same in terms of shinnyness/oilyness?

Perhaps one could wipe it once a week for a month or two and the oil would go away on its own rather than obsesivly wiping it every few hours... I think that if mine has this problem, I will use self control and try that.

The hairdryer trick seems a lot easier than waiting for a replacement.

I've used a hair dryer or boiling water to fix lots of figures.

The hairdryer trick seems a lot easier than waiting for a replacement.

I've used a hair dryer or boiling water to fix lots of figures.

Yeah I used that trick.
And guess what it was?
The Hot Toys Batman Bust, it had the same problem

Still shouldn't have happened, regardless. Considering he just got it. Seems to be more hits than misses with this thing.

Still shouldn't have happened, regardless. Considering he just got it. Seems to be more hits than misses with this thing.

I can't see any comment on there, that Eddie Wong is aware of the problem.
Do you think that it's noticable to him?

has the reason this oily stuff is appearing actually known and if not isn't it possible hot toys themselves still might be trying to figure it out ?.

There is no official reason for it, some strong theories, but no word from HT saying, this is what happened and we're dealing with it.

Several people have emailed HT for answers, and the best answer anyone's gotten is try removing the sticker from the belt, which we all assume is the plastic protector in shipping, which we all remove, and keep wiping it down. If they were investigating, I would think they'd respond with, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are aware and our team is looking into the matter, and they're not saying anything like that.

I'm sure I would be doing just as much rubbing as you, but it is the rubbing and not the oil that is causing the paint to come off.

I know that this is what Hot Toys recomended, but has anyone just left the oil? What happens then? Does it actually start to drip or does it just stay the same in terms of shinnyness/oilyness?

Perhaps one could wipe it once a week for a month or two and the oil would go away on its own rather than obsesivly wiping it every few hours... I think that if mine has this problem, I will use self control and try that.

It's definitely the rubbing away the residue, I have no doubts of that, which is why I'm annoyed with HT about this, they're best answer to dealing with it is destructive to the figure, which is why when I noticed the paint going away, I finally decided it'll be a replacement, if they can't offer good resolution to the problem, they can keep sending me new figures until it stops. The problem is a fault of theirs, either materials used or something in the production process, it's on them to fix it.

As for leaving things alone, I left mine unwiped for 24 hours, then wiped it, and it just keeps coming back. Whatever the source is, it seems to just keep coming back once it starts. Maybe if you get it and don't ever wipe it and leave the figure be for some extended period of time, it will stop and vanish, but, there's also a limited window for returns, so even that really isn't a good solution, or at least would be an acceptable solution if HT figured out the cause and said, do this and if it doesn't go away we'll replace it.

The bottom line is, Hot Toys should do something to make this product available to customers without defect and be completely prepared to resolve it so that the customer can have a defect free product. The average retail of this thing is like $180, that's a lot of money for something to show up and be defective in some way right out the box.

Back