1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

One possibility: Some of the desiccant packs used might have come from a defective/expired lot. That would explain why some figures have this problem and some don't. Have any of you with this problem disassembled your figure and completely removed all the pieces? The suit is two separate pieces so it shouldn't be hard. I'd be curious to see if the moisture/oil or whatever that's leaking out was actually originating from the inside of the suit or even the figure (never know, maybe the factory oiled up the True Type to help get the suit on).

Last edited:

One possibility: Some of the desiccant packs used might have come from a defective/expired lot. That would explain why some figures have this problem and some don't.

Except if the desicant was the problem, wouldn't this issue have occurred in the box? It's only happening out of the box.

BTW this is what HT replied with in my previous communication:
"Thanks for your photos and comment for batman!
The information will be forwarded to our production team for their reference."

What WB has asked Nolan to develop the next Superman??!!!

Except if the desicant was the problem, wouldn't this issue have occurred in the box? It's only happening out of the box.

Mine had some oil on it right out the box.

I'm sending mine back for another but only because the bottom right plate on mine that is leaking also looks to have some surface damage to it. Sent Eric an email already...shooting him some pics of it now. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Well I'll consider myself lucky that they gave me more information than that, hopefully I'll get some response to my reply. I'm not backing down though, if they can worry about flaking paint and warped heads they can worry about lubrciating figures too. If it was something that happend a year plus after people got the figure, that'd be one thing, but where it's happening right out of production, there's obviously something being done wrong that can be corrected and should be.

I can live with it for sure but I certainly want to push forward as well as this is something HT has to face. If we do not it may just get swept under by the first level support without anyone in charge knowing, nothing would have been learned from it and it could just as well happen to the next release of other figures. At least we are keeping it very civil here and I am sure our persistance will eventually get us somewhere. We may need more patience than if we were to voice our concerns out louder but I do beleive HT will do what's right

What WB has asked Nolan to develop the next Superman??!!!

Sounds like they asked him to be a consultant - a "Godfather" if you will - in regards to the Superman reboot. I imagine they'll give him a producer credit in the end. Nolan seems like he can write his own ticket these days at WB.

Also rumored is that the TDK sequel script (by Jonathan Nolan & David Goyer) is underway....

You reckon if batman 3 goes underway, it'll be 3d (with the latest craze and all)?

I hope so. I was blown away by Avatar. Sure, Batman 3 in 3d may not be as good as Avatar was, but it would certainly add a lot to the experience, and make the movie much more enjoyable imo :p

Hey guys, some folks here were talking about the DX neck being a bit thin, so I decided to attach the V1 neck to the DX:

Quick and dirty pic, sorry for quality:

IMG_1542r2.jpg

let me know what you think.

Can you do a comparison shot? That looks cool but I need to see em side by side to make a call on it.

Okay. how dumb am I to have taken only one photo of the DX neck. And it came out kinda blurry:

Left: V1 - Right: DX
IMG_1531rc.jpg

I tried to match the pose and composition (if not the quality :lol) of the photos as close as I could.

It does, albeit subtle, add some girth to the neck (I know, that's what she said :lol)

Yeah, it also added a bit of unwanted length. I had to sand it down a bit. Because of the...girth...it was a tight squeeze to attach it to the ball joint in the neck opening. Please, no one make the obvious jokes. :lol

I got a reply from HT telling me that their factory is currently on holiday for the Chinese new year until next Tuesday, and I'll get a replacement body after that. But they kinda seem reluctant to it as, even though I told them that my suit was now peeling in the ab area, here's how they ended the mail:
"So, please keep it and see if residue remove from abs area, then no need to destroy your beloved toys. "
???

They just don't understand that wiping this residue over and over again will cause the suit to peel!

Back