1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

There's no telling what's a factor, that's the big problem. I thought heat might be part of the problem, but even taking my figure away from a heat source and just exposing it to normal, 70 degree room temp, it still happens. Being rubber, heavy heat wouldn't be good for the suit period.

dx026.jpg

dx025.jpg

some older back pictures

My room is well below room temperature in the winter and I'm still getting oil. It also gets quite humid in the summer I wasn't sure if my V1 would hold being posed all last summer but it's fine. I should have a closed cabinet by next summer does that help the temperature or not?

since this problem is only present in the ab area, is it possible that it is glue residue from holding the two pieces (shirt and pants) together?

they are not glued together on this version
they are just slipped over top of ech other

oh, sorry i didn't know cuz i dont have the figure.....but im getting CLOSER!!!!

No, there is no glue holding them together this time, the shirt just lays over the the pants and you can get a finger in between to feel it's dry.

Whatever it is, it's either coming out of the pores of the rubber and building up on the outside, or it's something that builds up when the material is exposed to certain environmental conditions, or a combination.

I'm enclined to think that somehow, it is something trapped inside the suit in the production process, to me that makes the most sense for it to isolate to one spot and also have varying degrees of severity. Some people have all 4 abs, or both lower plates, I have just one plate. If it's something that's a result of circumstances like Les posted, then that would make some sense of why the effect varies among those of us who experience it.

I still want official word out of HT about it and perhaps another recall plan if need be to correct it.

this is all very confusing....what could this problem possibly be? it doesn't show up in the box, but shows soon after being taken out...WHAT IS IT HOT TOYS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

this is all very confusing....what could this problem possibly be? it doesn't show up in the box, but shows soon after being taken out...WHAT IS IT HOT TOYS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Slow down son. Now what are you talking about?

Slow down son. Now what are you talking about?

he's talking about the oil problem on the DX

and after all your "don't call me kid" posts, you have the guts to call someone else "son"?
ballsy nygma...real ballsy.

The location of where it's occurring... maybe it has something to do with the belt?

The bet could have something to do with it, but the plate that's affected on mine isn't even in contact with the belt.

It's not the belt..... My bat has been beltless for a week already and still leaking. Before that the belt has not been touching the suit for a week+ having layers of paper in between

I spoke too soon...the lowest ab plates on mine had some mositure on it this evening. The belt is below the plates too. Wiped them off to restart the cycle.

Back