1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I hate taking pictures without natural light, but so far.....I think I have gotten away lightly. Perhaps minor, minor warping onthe sonar head, but no matter to me. The leneses are good, the 'main' head is fine and so far, no peeling.

Only gripe is very weak ankles again, but BOY is he slim!!!

100_4601.jpg

100_4603.jpg

100_4605.jpg

100_4599.jpg

100_4610.jpg

100_4612.jpg

100_4616.jpg

100_4609.jpg

Where'd you get yours from Snake? And what's the floating Joker head in the background of that one shot? :lol

HK Apestore on eBay. Bought him on the day of release.

Oh yeh, that is a mask I have hung on my wall in the background. :lol

Two more:

100_4608.jpg

100_4619.jpg

Not changing belts?...

Nice work with the cape, Snake. Looks good. ;)

Something I wanted to point out is that the V1 also had paint rubbing issues with the gray panels on the armor.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a heads up on something related to the paint issue. I noticed yesterday that the ab armor on mine had started to experience some of the paint being, for lack of a better term, rubbed off, exposing the shiny material underneath. I think this was from my handling of it when I put the belt on, and it was barely noticeable, at least compared to the peeling issue. However, you could see it if you were looking for it.

Now, the paint used on the silicon suit is standard acrylic paint, and I believe that on the first batch, there was no sealant used on it, which is what's leading to the peeling and rubbing off of it. If you experience minor paint rub or peeling, take any black, matte acrylic paint you can find, and you can cover it up. It will look identical to the paint used on the figure during production. Don't slop it on there, of course, but if you apply a small amount just to cover the imperfections, it will blend in perfectly and you won't be able to tell it's ever even been touched.

This probably won't do much to alleviate any fears, but it's a solution to minor paint wear.

I'm so glad I waited until the second waves now. It looks like all who have the 1st batch may not have problems yet, but the deterioration is almost inevitable. I could see this coming anyways it's the nature of a rubber suit just my V1 has held up fantastically to pretty extreme posing for almost a year now.

Thanks man! Glad ours turned out OK so far, although sorry to hear your slight paint peel issues. :(

Honestly, it's more like the paint just...disappeared than peeled off. Being that I paint the ???? out of just about everything I buy, it was easily identifiable as paint rub thanks to them not using a sealant on the acrylic paint they used. The paint you can use to alleviate the issues is like 88 cents at any store that sells craft stuff, so I'm not complaining a bit. I'm used to fixing small stuff on every figure I get, and if this is all I have to worry about, I'm golden. Just keep an eye around the utility belt, because being that it's so tight, it's bound to rub off something.

I'm so glad I waited until the second waves now. It looks like all who have the 1st batch may not have problems yet, but the deterioration is almost inevitable. I could see this coming anyways it's the nature of a rubber suit just my V1 has held up fantastically to pretty extreme posing for almost a year now.

Like I said, I'm almost 100% sure it's because of the utility belt being so damn tight and the amount of rubbing my fingers did on the ab armor during the set up of the figure. Sure, it's not ideal, but my problems are easily fixable. Then again, once I set up my figures I don't really ever touch them again or pose them that often, so that could be why I haven't had any other issues.

Oh yeh, that is a mask I have hung on my wall in the background. :lol

Ah, almost looked like a free floating DC Joker head with the perspective blur and all, snap a shot of it sometime if you get a chance.

I still wonder what they are doing painting rubber. There are ways to process rubber so it stays shiny even with wear. As it doesn't have a coating.

Painting rubber is a recipe for disaster since it bends. Which leads to stripping down to layers.

It looks so nice.

Like I said, I'm almost 100% sure it's because of the utility belt being so damn tight and the amount of rubbing my fingers did on the ab armor during the set up of the figure. Sure, it's not ideal, but my problems are easily fixable. Then again, once I set up my figures I don't really ever touch them again or pose them that often, so that could be why I haven't had any other issues.

Noooooooo.....*runs to check paint*

Still no paint flaking :banana

I hate taking pictures without natural light, but so far.....I think I have gotten away lightly. Perhaps minor, minor warping onthe sonar head, but no matter to me. The leneses are good, the 'main' head is fine and so far, no peeling.

Only gripe is very weak ankles again, but BOY is he slim!!!

100_4603.jpg

I like this photo Snake:clap. Congrats on your new purchace.

Can't wait to get mine.

Hmm conflicting evidence.

Maybe some or affect more than others, maybe it's the conditions it's under affecting the paint or maybe it's what you do to it that makes the paint wear (whether by design or handling it too much)

Back