1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Lets see...:rolleyes:

The paint on the rubber skin is,nt as fragile as they say..
I rubbed the suit with my fingers in order to clean dust and some glue remains adhered to the batsuit from the small adhesives attached at the Utility belt (and the plastic that surrounds the belt) and I can say that painting has not came of at all....(even I scratched the paint with my finger nails)

I still think that the peeling problem is closely linked to the climate and humidity of Hong Kong.

I have seen many pics from Hong kong buddys and their rubbered skin /suit figures were completely deteriorated and damaged both painting and rubber: Batman Begins suit, HT Muscle bodies, appleseed exmachina figures..)..Well The point is that, I have all this figures practically since they were released and of course without having them in showcases and they are 100% in perfect condition

That's great news, but man you are crazy to have scratched at it with your nails :lol

That's great news, but man you are crazy to have scratched at it with your nails :lol

:wacky Well, I scratched the paint but "gently"and prove it first at the back of the figure, which could not be seen in case of damage :D

Quick question, guys. Which site would you suggest to pre-order this figure from, Alter Ego Comics or Big Bad Toy Store?

Big Bad Toy Store is where I get my figures.

I also order from BBTS. But either seems fine.

Anyone know when these will show up Stateside?? Preorders say by JUNE but since it was released quite early...!
Gary:whip

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully, most of the problems will be fixed by the time U.S. dealers receive them next May or June.

Not a single DX Bat has a not warped cowl.

Untrue....neither of my heads have a warped cowl. I will say that the sonar eyes lenses are slightly offset, but that has nothing to do with the cowl....and you'd never notive it unless you were looking at a hugely magnified photo.

Last edited:

Don't forget, they're dealing with you and hundreds of other people...

Do you honestly think "hundreds" of warped heads made it into the marketplace? Personally, I have a hard time believing that. Think about the photographic evidence we've seen so far. I think it's been one, maybe two warped heads in this thread, and no member here has experienced any paint peeling if I remember correctly, it's been the same couple of shots repeated over & over.

I think to a large degree the severity of these problems has been blown out of proportion.

I was just throwing out a rough number without any clue how many were exactly shipped out, if 1000 went out, 100 is only 10%.

And based on some of the photos we saw, people are complaining over anything with this figure, not just the real serious issues, so still, many people are probably writing into HT right now, certainly more than with other figures.

I think he just meant generally. It could be the same person sending 100s of hate mail letters because he had to send his figure back 6 times cause it had dust on it or something.

Besides, when I asked about my Connor head it took them 6 days to respond and that was in September.

I've yet to see one photo that showed a head that wasn't jacked. I've seen some that were worse than others, but all have been messed up.

I was just throwing out a rough number without any clue how many were exactly shipped out, if 1000 went out, 100 is only 10%.

And based on some of the photos we saw, people are complaining over anything with this figure, not just the real serious issues, so still, many people are probably writing into HT right now, certainly more than with other figures.

Originally i have no intention to post here, but after reading your post i would like to express my view.
I am not so sure of what degree of "serious issue" actually is as you mentioned. I purchased my dx batman in HK and it is perfectly ok. Also, my expectation on these collectible is low. But does it mean really ok?
I believe we can assess the risk of the defects by referring to the following facts:

1) quite a number of complaints concerning the batman are still coming as of today 04/01/2009 in toysdaily. Such long complaints never happened before.
2) Most of the complaints are related to the fact that the batman is ok at the outset but came peeling off afterwards. (some of you may think the problem is not that serious when refering to the photo but when you consider the problem together with point 2), it's enough to make one worry.)
3) No photo keep coming since hk fans' represetative, Terence, did not ask the hk fans to post photo anymore because people in facebook is already annoyed. We decided to hold off the fires. As you can see some overseas fans started to post bad language to FB that we want to avoid.
4) HK fans are reported to decide to put the batman in cabinet only and do what HT told them: "do not touch the soft part of batman."
Keep returning to the HT shops are really exhausting. HK fans want to avoid it.
5) The exchange in HK shops are so frequent that HT decided to implement 14-day exhange policy and there is only 1 chance of exchange in this 14-day period. This policy never happened before for any other products.
6) This hugh complaints happened in this DX batman only, no such complaints can be comparable to this batman in the past.
7) the HK weather never create any problem on HT's any other products, such as the John connor leather coat, the coat is much more fragile to humidity.

Some HK fan suggest to play with the DX as much as they can until it get peeled off and change it within 14-day. I have asked them not to do so and treasure their batman they get for the sake of our environment.

For me, i look at the fact 1) to 7) and my batman is looked ok. But I have the history of putting all my figures in my cabinet only and never pose and play with them.

I don't mean that every batman is defective. HT is right, not every batman is defective. The wife of the HT chairman stationed in the Hong Kong HT shop mentioned to HK fans that the problem is not serious, also fans' expectation is too high and afterall this is just a toy.......Maybe she's right, i don't know.

However, i can conclude from the above facts that:
"The risk of future peeling off is considered as high. This may be due to the fact that the coating, material or both are not strong, durable and long lasting. As such, it makes an **ordinary customer worry".

MaulFan, hope my explanation is clear enough to clarify the situation in HK and enough to tell you that we are not exaggerating the issues.

** Ordinary customer in this case can be defined as those expect they can enjoy the products within reasonable time without defects in the absence of negligence. For me, reasonable time is at least 3 yrs. (some people in FB told me it want it last for decade =))

Last edited:

Well, even though I'd been planning to for awhile, this issue finally got me to buy a Detolf and put my HT Batman collection in there. I figure it will at least help protect them from any environmental issues that could pop up, though of course it's not airtight. Plus it just looks better than how I had 'em.

Also, almost 2 weeks on since I got mine, and I have no peeling problems as of yet. But I just set mine up once, pose it how I want, and leave it.

Well, even though I'd been planning to for awhile, this issue finally got me to buy a Detolf and put my HT Batman collection in there. I figure it will at least help protect them from any environmental issues that could pop up, though of course it's not airtight. Plus it just looks better than how I had 'em.

Also, almost 2 weeks on since I got mine, and I have no peeling problems as of yet. But I just set mine up once, pose it how I want, and leave it.

So my point is that if you accept the risk of future peeling, then pls buy and this batman is a good collectible. If not, you'd better reconsider and hold off.

I am not concerned about you are getting defective products at the outset because i believe most of the overseas buyers can keep changing it until you can get a good one.

The issue after all is not complicated.....

Hope what i say is valueable.

Last edited:
Back