1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I'm just glad mine hasn't been sent out then. Usually ActionHQ gets their figures the same time as Toys2. Give or take.

I felt that the scene in the street where Joker says "Hit Me!" was a direct homage to the scene where Joker shoots down the Batwing. The exact same thing happens, Joker stands there taunting him Batman tries to hit him and then crashes

Yeah i thought the exact same thing, when you think about it, there are similarities, including the mob meeting, or the final scene rooftop clash

I don't believe when Connor was recalled, any official statement was ever put out, just buzz over the web.

Yes they did, I posted it a while back:

I can read a bit of chinese. And it seems most of the HK folks post at toy hunters more than at HT's page.

I think terence tam is doing a pretty good job, just trying to help people in HK and outside to be aware of whats goin on, like you said MF, US news:lol

Hes suggesting that HT should just acknowledge their mistake, and recall all the existing DX and give us a problem free batman DX; like what HT did with connor a while ago:

19737_227844646306_592211306_3602972_4182722_n.jpg

I guess since they were only circulating in the HK market at the time, thus the notice was in chinese.

In this pic (which someone from another board requested a shot with the OC Batman), you can see I saw able to get the cape a bit more tidy coming out of the armor by tucking the cloth in with the clip as I pushed it into the slot:
DSCN0054.jpg

I'm really curious to see the DX cape in hand, I had no issues getting the v1 cape to lay how I wanted, I wonder how different the DX is from v1.

I'm really curious to see the DX cape in hand, I had no issues getting the v1 cape to lay how I wanted, I wonder how different the DX is from v1.

From what I see (and I could be wrong, I'm no tailor), the differences from V1 to DX are:
1) Longer, of course, and:
2) Whereas the V1 was one type of fabric, like a thin hanky, the DX is the thin hanky material on the inside and a slight less porous material outside, pretty much just like the OC cape.

Might put my v1 cape on the DX then if I don't like the DX cape.

size wise, I prefer the bigger DX cape. But material wise, its crap. Its too think and stiff, compared to the v1 cape.

Damn, that's some strong elastic then. Figures with HT, you want velcro that holds on for dear life, you get lousy magic tape that won't hold at all, you want a fairly loose elastic fixture on a figure's armor, and it's stronger than need be :lol

As I mentioned previously, the elastic has to be cut and the shoulder pads glued to the shoulders to allow for posing.

Was the same on my V1, but also partially down to the tightness of the shoulder joints.

It's a disgusting material and texture what Hot Toys uses. As someone else said it makes it look like a $20 toy.

I have my preorder in abcspress ..I'm eager to get my hands on my DX
I'm sure will be a great figure...

but I'm disappointed.

the proportions of the prototype. the silhouette .. the shape of the legs ... shoulders
The prototype is perfect ...

Photos from the DX ... do not deceive me .. we see that the dress has stunning detail!

I see that is a great figure ...I do not like .. that .. hottoys put pictures of the prototype on its website.because the figure they sell is different....previously had no pictures ... ok! but now I have real ...

somehow I feel cheated by hottoys

before I had a problem with iron man's chest
I was disappointed hottoys

It's a disgusting material and texture what Hot Toys uses. As someone else said it makes it look like a $20 toy.

that was me.

Btw, I noticed that you have infrigno's cape, have you tried it on the DX yet mate?

I might wanna get one from him, since it might be a while before crow started selling his.

that was me.

Btw, I noticed that you have infrigno's cape, have you tried it on the DX yet mate?

I might wanna get one from him, since it might be a while before crow started selling his.

I still have plenty of material man

that was me.

I don't have the DX yet but it will be the first thing I swap out when I get it. Hopefully once all these fault problems are rectified. I have 1 TDK long waiting to get used of lforigno's and 2 buddylee optional, 1 short and long. Hot Toys capes are atrocious. I assume the DX still hasn't got the V cut at the back?...

It's no big deal or anything but I always do wonder why they miss out little details like this considering it could have been so easily done while making the longer material. Just slit a V and stitch.

This was mainly the reason why I went the custom cape route. Obviously as well as it being softer. It just doesn't look nice from the back. Almost looks like anorak Batman with the material around the neck rather then the proper V.

My OC Batman cape never had a V cut. It's just a huge loop. Just a bigger curve of TDK that always peeks out a bit of the back at times. Showing a bit of the back of the shoulder or such. Where as lforigno's fixes that. It was annoying having to use a toothpick at times to poke the Hot Toys cape up below the cowl.

here's pics of my sonar head which has the same problem as reported earlier:

hty2yq.jpg

dq3mfb.jpg

In addition to a messed up sonar head - my PERs head also has a problem, there is extra bits sticking out one side:

11v0j6e.jpg

Apart from those issues however (for which I will surely get replacements), the figure is superb - here's mine with my BuddyLee cape:

2q83321.jpg

fel7j7.jpg

2hockrn.jpg

Back