1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

So far retaane's latest pics have been the most flattering on the head shape. There have been some nice shots of the head in here, but retaane's are the only ones that capture the head in a way that makes the head/face look fuller more like my v1 head looks to me and less thin and elongated like all the other photos have made it look. I can certainly tell I'll have a challenge snapping this figure and probably scrap a lot of photos that don't favor it.

img1898zp.jpg

Yeah i tried Maulfan, but the arm doesnt have enough stiffness to hold it up, the shoulder pad wins everytime, pushes it back down

Damn, that's some strong elastic then. Figures with HT, you want velcro that holds on for dear life, you get lousy magic tape that won't hold at all, you want a fairly loose elastic fixture on a figure's armor, and it's stronger than need be :lol

Haha yeah typical HT.
re: post4106 That's why most of mine are so similar, everytime i try a new pose the photos come out looking odd and nothing like it does in hand LOL. Definately a challenge to snap bats, joker loves the camera from every angle, batman, well ..... not so much lol
Btw guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR lol, just hit midnight, i went outside to fire 3 blanks out of my m1911 .45 amongst the fireworks lol

Joker's got his own challenges to shoot though, at least depending on what you want the photo to look like. Because of his face being white, I can snap him with settings that favor his face but then most of his costuming is in shadow, if I expose the clothes nicely, lots of the facial detail washes out. Between character, sculpt work, paint work, and tailoring, Joker's an appealing photo subject, but dark wardrobe and light face = a pain in the ass. Probably why his coat looks so light in flash photos, the prop one that is, make it lighter so when the camera balances it looks the right dark shade and his white face looks good. I need Hot Toys to make me a special edition coat for photography :lol

True, although i'm not much of an experienced photo buff, head primarily, i can shoot joker from nearly any angle and it looks at least semi decent, can't take a horrible shot, whereas bats has just a few good ones, and others that make it look completely douchey and just plain horrible in every way. The hardest thing is getting the head in proportion. You look at it through your eye and it's 100percent perfect. Not nearly perfect, it IS spot on. Then you look through the lense and it manipulates it into this massive looking body armour with a teeny tiny narrow looking head plonked on the top of a long neck

thanks to get the confirmation on the belt. I got mine on but it was a real pain. The belt itself has two sets of three holes. one at the outer end of the belt and one slightly further in, I used the ones furthest out, its impossible to use the second set of holes.

its on, its tight and not going anywhere. not impossible but it was a real pain. looks really nice though. hopefully it doesnt mess with the rubber below but even if it does its not a problem since that area will always be covered on the figure anyways.

Exactly Blakus - looks perfectly in proportion in hand (the head), but through a lense something weird happens most of the time...

Hey Maulfan, ever noticed the Joker in your sig, he looks actually quite like Nickolson when he said "wait till they get a load of me"
:D

Well, quick example, I did about 10 lighting scenarios of this shot when I took it, I liked this one best for how his face came out, but I didn't like how barely showing his coat is, I mean you can see it but I wanted it more prominent and vibrant, but to get that, the white of his face washed out, the shadow running down his right eye was lost, so his face had les dimension. He's just tricky. Batman is perfect my for my lighting preferences, lots of interesting forms and it looks good when he's dark with subtle highlighting of the forms.

177.jpg

Hey Maulfan, ever noticed the Joker in your sig, he looks actually quite like Nickolson when he said "wait till they get a load of me"
:D

I noticed that back with some shots of BR Joker head, with the right lighting, it really does look like Jack out of that shot, it's kind of cool to see Nicholson Joker in Ledger Joker, considering how different their looks and real faces are.

I actually like the shinier armor on the DX, even though the real armor wasn't shiny like that, I find the DX armor looks more like armor instead of generic rubber like the v1 looks, v1 was too matte.

Might have been cheesy, but could have been cool of Nolan worked that line into TDK as an homage to Nicholson, but I can also understand want to have no ties to that portrayal.

It is neat though, Ledger can look like Nicholson, Bale can look like Clooney and Kilmer in the cowl, and yet sans makeup and masks, those guys look nothing like each other.

The shine looks cool in real hand, trust me. Somehow, it feels scale accurate. Like how, say in ship modelling, boats like shiny close up, but if you made a smaller scale, it would be correct for it to be looking matt for that scale, far away. I feel the reverse with the suit, this close, i think like Maulfan said, it looks more like correct armour rather than toy rubber

there are a couple of things I prefer about Jack's and then there are things I prefer about Ledger.

I always loved the goofy Smilex commercial thing lol.

So has it officially been recalled? I haven't been following it much lately.

Good question, but i don't think so, think they have just acknowledged a problem and warranties and saying further batches will be better

I don't believe when Connor was recalled, any official statement was ever put out, just buzz over the web.

Might have been cheesy, but could have been cool of Nolan worked that line into TDK as an homage to Nicholson, but I can also understand want to have no ties to that portrayal.

I felt that the scene in the street where Joker says "Hit Me!" was a direct homage to the scene where Joker shoots down the Batwing. The exact same thing happens, Joker stands there taunting him Batman tries to hit him and then crashes

Back