1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I'd only do it for short photos, I'd never leave it on the shelf longterm like that, it'd either rip or stretch and then he'd have old man batwing arms :lol

anytime theres rubber involved the best thing to do is that....

it's common sense that many people fail to understand

Ho-hum, just got the info from my dealer: Sounds like there has been an ACTUAL RECALL and that if the deal is just a painting issue, then my order will be on time; however, if it is more detailed than that then I'm looking at a 1 to 2 month delay. At best my order will stay on target; at worst my order will be shipped by March...damn...oh well - better to have all the kinks worked out!

Wow I feel bad for Hot Toys, they screwed up on this cause they tried to match they're release date. It should have just been delayed. Their Facebook page is flooded with complaints, its a warzone ! But they are actually responding to every thread still.

From what i understand there was fault in how the figure was assembled (did not let rubber cure) not the actual materials

Well now we know when ever a figure involves rubber ( Leonidas ) you do not want the first batch.

Yeah from what I've gleamed, there is some vile stuff being said on the HT Facebook page by disgruntled customers.

HT is learning a lesson all over the place, and in the hard way.

I'd be pretty disappointed if the recall pushes back the figure a month or two, but prior to this month I wasn't expecting it until February anyway.

Just got mine in!

Damn, he's looking gooood!:banana

My friend brought in 3 pieces, so I had a chance to pick the best one with minimal warping, etc :D

Btw, I noticed that the cape is thicker compared to the v1. How do you guys tuck in the cape's edges inside the slot? I can only fit the plastic pegs:google

Crow, how did you place those plastic tips and cape edges on the shoulders slot?

The cape edges on mine wont fit to the slot, and I'm afraid that I'm gonna ruin the rubber costume if I applied forces.

Just got mine in this morning too. Looks awesome but the sonar head is a little...off. obviously one of the dodgy ones. I dont really intend on using this head much but still, after spending this amount of cash i'd expect it to be all up to scratch.

And yeah, it was a right hassle trying to get the cape in. I think i managed it but dont know how to explain how. I just kind of, fiddled around till it seemed right. lol. Was so worried about damaging the suit tho.

The only way to eleviate the arm movement restriction is to snip the elastic attached to the shoulder pads and glue them to the shoulders.

Sorry..but this pic made me laugh..is very funny :lol

Batman.. is trying to dance with someone imaginary??:rotfl

DSCN0033.jpg

I already knew that DX Batman had a good range of movement at the elbows, but at the shoulders... looks completely restricted !!:sick

Hottoys should have sculped the rubber arms individually (at the shoulder-length and hidden in the torso) like Appleseed Deunan Knute or briareros in order to improve the range of motion..

I have not Batman TDK V1 So I do not know if he has the same movement limitations at the shoulders too

Am gonna be honest here. I haven't preorderd the DX version of Batman but now looking at the photos of the real thing.....I dont think I will...The shapes of the rubber pieces on the stomach part are too straight...they shud angle off left and right like version 1. The whole chest plate piece looks squashed...if you compare the real suit with version 1 and 2 then you'll notice version 1 is more accurate whereas version 2 just makes the figure look thin...but not accurate. Also on the legs part...the thickness of the rubber makes it look like hes wearing thick rubber foam pads...again version 1 is more accurate (not in shape and size but in material and thickness). Also that head is awesome because its got sonar feature and PES but compared to version 1....it doesnt look realistic....I really don't know why but its something to do with the eyes...the different mouthpieces are awesome but some of them look like hes chewing his lip...am not dissapointed by the figure but I think theres way too much give and take...in the future if it gets any cheaper (i dont think it will) then i'd buy it....for now my version 1, i think, still looks better.

I do not have the v1. and I have the preorder of DX-TDK.but I'm disappointed. the real dx is not a bad figure... but the prototype is completely different and much better.

hottoys the page..Announce your figure DX..with pictures of the prototype,but not put photos of the actual figure

announce a product and sell another ....

I think hottoys not satisfied with your product!!!!

Now add all the problems of production:mad::mad::banghead:banghead

:duh

Last edited:

Going by photos, even the one at Comic Con wasn't the DX suit.

IMG_5172.JPG

For me the Batman DX is going to be one of those figures that I like more and more every day. There were no apparent problems with mine so I'm 100% perfectly happy with the figure. In hand he just looks amazing! There was just too much to take in at first, but now I'm getting used to it a bit more I'm loving it even more.
One question though: Are both belts meant to be magnetic? The sticky bomb gun can stick magneticaly to both belts I have, though I thought the point was that only one of them would be magnetic?
Some new pics :D
dx4-1.jpg

dx1-1.jpg

dx5-1.jpg

dx2-1.jpg

dx3-1.jpg

dx6.jpg

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine, an improvement over V1 in every way except for the limited articulation which im not at all bummed about. like others and I have said, these pictures are very misleading, but you'll never know until you take the jump and get one to see for yourself. i guess i understand people's hesitations but if you actually do still like the V1 you'll absolutely love the DX version.

still really sad to hear about all the problems, especially for HT. there's going to be lots of bad vibes surrounding the figure, but hopefully like John Connor, once the final replacements make their way out the figure will get the praise I think it deserves.

one and only problem i have with the figure so far is that the second belt is so damn tight. it was a real bother trying to get it on. anyone else have this problem?

with all due respest uzumaki - in hand the DX is as much better than the v1 as the DX Joker is to the v1 joker - and that's the honest truth. Barring the QC issues, this is one of the best figures ever made really. The eyes look totally realistic in hand and the overall look is very much like a shrunk down version of Bale. The chest and stomach armour look extremely accurate and highly detailed in hand. Trust me, you will not be disappointed if you get this.

Also, one thing to note about all the pictures posted so far - the vast majority have been taken using flash. I was trying to take pictures of mine yesterday to capture how incredible it looked in hand and I was simply unable to do so because of poor lighting - using flash KILLS the pictures, it makes the whites in his eyes too bright and makes his face sculpts too pale, as well as bringing out a weird blue tinge to the rubber bits on the armour. Without flash though, it looks spectacular - and looks better still in hand. This is just a very difficult figure to photograph. Can't wait till Maul gets his hands on one.

one and only problem i have with the figure so far is that the second belt is so damn tight. it was a real bother trying to get it on. anyone else have this problem?

Which belt is the second one, the magnetic one?

Back