Maximus: Final Battle/Carthage armor.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a set of armor too please but i think spenser have stop this production :'(

I have just received one and its really awesome, very very good quality, better than expected. I really love this, i was expecting a medium quality recast, but no, very professional, very good quality in materials, the way pieces like chest and back armor are assembled,... thanks Spenser! Very happy of having bought it from you!

Glad you like it!

However I’m a little confused by the “re-cast” comment. I sculpted each piece of that armor myself by hand, and if I make new molds they’re from the originals, so there is no re-casting. Is that what you meant to say?

Glad you like it!

However I’m a little confused by the “re-cast” comment. I sculpted each piece of that armor myself by hand, and if I make new molds they’re from the originals, so there is no re-casting. Is that what you meant to say?

Yes, with recast i meant copies from original, i know you were original sculptor, i was talking about direct copies from original mold, maybe the word for that is cast and recast is only for copies not from original one? Anyway, i was saying i expected a medium quality copies from the original, but it was really good!

Just sharing Spenser's awesome armour I received today. His work is exceptional :clap

DSC_1750 (resize).jpg

DSC_1752(resize).jpg

DSC_1757(resize).jpg

DSC_1759(resize).jpg

Looks fantastic. I have Spenser's Battle of Carthage set and it is one of favorite displays. Spenser does great work for sure.

Awesome pics Blackops74! How do you like that CM toys seamless body? I was planning on using it for my Battle of Carthage figure as well but was concerned about the quality, proportions as well as rubber deterioration. Have you had any issues with yours?

Thanks for the kind words guys! The body I used was actually the COO Models seamless body which is a re-issue of the CM toys body and has just been released. Quality is good. I did have to shave the torso down to make the armour fit because the armour is not designed for this body type. I think this seamless body has great potential for other projects so might get a couple more.

^Thanks for that info. The only thing I don't like about the CM body are the veins on the arms. They look a little too prominent in all the pics I've seen. Do they look that bad in person? I'll probably shave them down/off once I get the body. How much of the torso did you have to shave off to make the armor fit?

Agreed the veins are a bit of an eye sore and could have been less prominent. If you can shave those down should look awesome. I shaved off quite a bit off the torso but in saying that if I had to do it again I would take a far more measured approach. I had already put the blue gown on him and tried to cut pieces away in trying to get the armour on, so I really rushed to get it on him and didn't do a great job of making it neat. It was more of a violently executed plan....

^Thanks for that info. The only thing I don't like about the CM body are the veins on the arms. They look a little too prominent in all the pics I've seen. Do they look that bad in person? I'll probably shave them down/off once I get the body. How much of the torso did you have to shave off to make the armor fit?

^Ha yeah, sometimes I get excited when putting a new figure together and the only thing I care about is getting everything set up. I could care less about what the figure looks like underneath the clothing.

I really like this set by Spenser. With all due respect to Spenser's set, how do you think it compares to the "Arena Fighter" set by Kaustic Plastik?

Thanks for the kind words guys! The body I used was actually the COO Models seamless body which is a re-issue of the CM toys body and has just been released. Quality is good.

Did Coo fix the poor quality wrist joints? The CM version was incredibly fragile, every single joint, ankles and wrists just twisted right apart. The worst body I've ever seen. I was/am incredibly skeptical about the CooModel version.

Back