HHMODEL x HAOYUTOYS 1/6 Empire Series - Carthage Infantry Action Figure #HH18045

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definitely looks better proportioned.

Interesting to see him barefooted.

I thought he looked okay at first, until I saw him against other figures and realised how massive the body was.

The bare feet were a simple solution for the unusual choice HH/HY made.

When searching for original depictions of Samnites this painting comes up frequently, showing all of them barefoot.

samnites.jpg

This statuette also turned up:

samnite.jpg

I like the look as it gives the impression of even greater antiquity.

Yes, I found the fact that these soldiers marched, fought and basically lived and died barefooted to be mind-boggling. I can't walk barefoot without stubbing a toe! :lol

Yes, I found the fact that these soldiers marched, fought and basically lived and died barefooted to be mind-boggling. I can't walk barefoot without stubbing a toe! :lol

They must've had very tough feet!

I was watching one of Metatron's YouTube videos the other day on caligae. He was talking about how the hobnails were so slippery on stone that one Roman officer died in a street battle because he couldn't stay on his feet! It's odd that they were only good for use on grass and earth etc, yet the Romans built roads to speed up troop movements.

Back