Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-Man: Homecoming Cut Several Captain America Cameos

by Megan Peters | June 27, 2017
When Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters in July, the film will house other heroes than Peter Parker. The movie will see Iron Man weave through it as Tony Stark mentors Spider-Man in the wake of Civil War. The First Avenger will also make an appearance, but director Jon Watts says not all of Captain America’s cameos made the film's cut.
Recently, the Spider-Man director sat down with ScreenRant to talk about the blockbuster, and Watts nodded to Captain America’s small cameos. The Avenger will pop into the film through various PSAs which Peter Parker’s high school tends to screen. Watts says he was inspired by the President’s Fitness Challenge to do the PSAs, but not all of Captain America’s cameos will fit into Spider-Man: Homecoming.
“When I was thinking of what would a Marvel universe high school look like, I was like, their version would be the Captain Americafitness challenge,” Watts explained.
“So it started with that, then we just started joking around about like, what if he did more videos? As soon as that door opened up, I just couldn’t stop brainstorming more and more things. Then I made a very – I think you see it for like a split second in the movie, but we made a whole detailed DVD case of like, ‘Rappin’ with Cap’ or ‘Rappin’ With the Captain’ and it was just messages from Captain America to the youth of today as if somehow the government had Captain America make all these PSAs for kids. And we shot so many more than are even in the movie.”
If you are hoping these additional scenes will one day be revealed, then you are in luck. Watts admitted the cut Captain America cameos will be added as bonus features to Spider-Man’s Blu-ray.
Of course, this is not the first time Chris Evans has done cameos within the MCU. The actor appeared as Captain America in Thor: The Dark World when Loki transformed into the super soldier. Watts said Evans was just as excited to do these Spider-Mancameos, and the director said one of the actor’s bits is a particular favorite of his.
“There’s so many about just everything, [like] brushing your teeth. Just anything you could think of, we had poor Captain America do it. Those were so much fun, just making them in the moment, [and] really trying some stuff out. Chris [Evans] was so game, it was really fun.”

Unlike other marvel films the villain is getting some good words this time too. Spidey and Batman have some of the best foes in comics.

I know, but it's about time Marvel stepped up. I guess the lack of a true origin story gave them more time to flesh out the characters.

Can't wait for this. Hope it's better than the trailers indicate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just watched Spiderman 2 in anticipation, I think it's aged quite well. Starting to get really excited for Homecoming now, everything's pointing to it being a success.

O man. A Spider-Man movie that is getting good reviews in over 10 yrs! This is freakin exciting!

All reviews ive seen so far (from a few i follow that share almost same views) all agree that its awesome. Bell even that guy from ign lol. And what they all agree is that IM/Starks role is minimal. Hopefully that can sut the naysayers up. Or still just dont watch it[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is everyone acting surprised at the overwhelming quality of the movie? We all knew this was going to be a sure hit.

Back then realistic larger scale cosmic threats couldn't have existed because of all the retarded licensing issues.

As much as I enjoy SM2 I am so grateful for Disney bringing these heroes together and for giving WB the courage to deliver a good WW movie lol.

Why is everyone acting surprised at the overwhelming quality of the movie? We all knew this was going to be a sure hit.

It's a huge deal cause the last good spiderman movie was arguably spiderman 2. No spiderman movie lived up to the quality of story telling and being able to grasp you like that movie. So like ten years later it's good to see spiderman getting praised again after so much scrutiny and skepticism. I Hope I enjoy this movie.

Back then realistic larger scale cosmic threats couldn't have existed because of all the retarded licensing issues.

As much as I enjoy SM2 I am so grateful for Disney bringing these heroes together and for giving WB the courage to deliver a good WW movie lol.

That's what I like to. It's sad to see greed keep these characters apart. Hell marvel V capcom won't have xmen cause they say "people don't remember them" which I think is utter BS. I loved the seperate movies but I want these characters to interact.

It's a huge deal cause the last good spiderman movie was arguably spiderman 2. No spiderman movie lived up to the quality of story telling and being able to grasp you like that movie. So like ten years later it's good to see spiderman getting praised again after so much scrutiny and skepticism. I Hope I enjoy this movie.

Not 10, 13 years later! :panic:

Back