Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's all of Hollywood not just Sony.

Right from the beginnning Hollywood has always been about:

Money first
Murders
Rape
Drugs
Lies
Deceit
Coersion
Corruption
Labor abuses
Child abuse
Back stabbing
Phone tapping
Corporate espionage
Theft
Lawsuits
Mafia
Fake friends

But I guess his parents forgot to tell him about all that when he said he wanted to be an actor lol.

Dont tell me u are defending sony bro......oh god....oh god no

I can't say it.:gah: :lol Mel learned the hard way...oh crap...I said too much :chase

:lol :lol :lol

LOL x a billion

Oy vey, you goys better stop.

Shut it down

Nip the tip
giphy.gif

Kara must've got a hold of him. :lol

If he keeps this up his days in Hollywood will be numbered, Hacksaw Ridge or not.

BY ALEX OSBORN
Andrew Garfield, who starred as Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequel, recently discussed his experience starring as the web-slinging hero, saying it left him "heartbroken a little."

In Variety's latest "Actors on Actors" interview, conducted by Amy Adams, Garfield lamented the unfortunate realities of corporate America, something he struggled with when striving to do the story and character of Spider-Man justice.

"I was still young enough to struggle with the value system, I suppose, of corporate America really, it’s a corporate enterprise mostly," he said, noting that after working on both films, he learned that serving the story and character unfortunately aren't always the number one priority.

"I found that really, really tricky. I signed up to serve the story, and to serve this incredible character that I’ve been dressing as since I was three, and then it gets compromised and it breaks your heart," he added.

Tom Holland has since become the new face of Peter Parker. In addition to being quite pleased with the casting choice of Holland, Garfield said he's "really excited to just be a fan again as opposed to bearing the weight of it."

Poor poor man all he wanted was to play spiderman but they only choose him so they'd keep the rights to the character and make rushed movies. Eventually like I knew would happen , disney got the rights to spiderman and partnered with sony and now we wait while he thinks back to a more simple time in life.

Everything in life is compromise. Much moreso when it comes to big budget movies. I'm sure there is a moment when almost all involved in the entertainment industry get disillusioned. Could have been worse, though. How many starlets meet a producer who promises them the moon and the stars, gets them in the sack, and then sets them on their way to misery and self destruction? Poor guy got millions of dollars and a very lucrative career down the road out of two lackluster Spider-Man movies. Boo hoo.

So marc webb got him in the sack promising things, tapped that spiderman butt and then crushed his spirit?

Jeez....

Last edited:
Everything in life is compromise. Much moreso when it comes to big budget movies. I'm sure there is a moment when almost all involved in the entertainment industry get disillusioned. Could have been worse, though. How many starlets meet a producer who promises them the moon and the stars, gets them in the sack, and then sets them on their way to misery and self destruction? Poor guy got millions of dollars and a very lucrative career down the road out of two lackluster Spider-Man movies. Boo hoo.
Well said.

I went to a film studio opening recently. There were lots of jaded industry veterans there, and the one thing they kept repeating was the freelance nature of their jobs. They literally said 'if you want 9-5, leave now.' I suddenly heard Jay and Silent Bob in my head: 'Movies are ****ing ********.'

Now I've been in love with films since I was very young, and have always wanted to somehow work in the industry, but as you get older you need that 9-5 stability. I felt very disillusioned after this event, so much so that I never want to work in films ever now. Now, I look forward to going to see the CBM's than anything else because they are entertaining but I don't need to know the guts of them.

Oh I'm not referring to the hours part. That would be fine. It's just that these people were not enthusiastic at all, and don't know where their next job is going to be, if at all.

That's the case for many careers, though, so I don't think they realize that the "real world" is often the same as Hollywood in that regard. Freelancers can be found in all walks of life. And sometimes it's high risk, high reward. Other times you grind it out, develop a network of clients, and make do that way. Honestly, there isn't a lot of stability to be found anywhere nowadays, with our erratic economy, changes in policy where government jobs (even as teachers) come and go, businesses moving jobs overseas so they can capitalize on lax labor and safety regulations, etc. I'm not going to raise my kids to have any expectations for stable careers. Instead, I will push them to diversify their skill set so that they can be flexible, and capitalize on the opportunities that come to them.

This is what I told my son.

You have a 1% chance of growing up to be a super elite who will own 4 billion slaves that will make you a ton of money and fight wars for you and in general just have a pretty amazing long healthy life.

Or

You have a 99% chance of growing up to be one of those 4 billion slaves.

Now please try your best and do your homework LOL

Last edited:
Well I'm not that cynical :lol I think value in life comes from happiness, not status or wealth. But you need to do well enough financially that you aren't struggling. The research shows that once you have an income of around $50K, you are just as likely to be happy as anyone with a greater income than that (in fact, suicide rates for physicians and lawyers are quite high). And from that POV, there are plenty of opportunities to succeed, doing more or less what you like to do. But I do also think that you can't rest on your laurels, or feel entitled to some stable, well paying career. That's just not the world we live in. And without getting political while talking about a political phenomenon, a lot of people in this country are clearly hoping that this isn't the way things have to be. But as a student of politics and history/world events, that way of thinking won't be doing our kids any favors. Accept the uncertainty, and do what you have to to thrive in that environment.

Having said all that, my job is dependent on our success with federal grants, which is not at all guaranteed (particularly in the near future, when I suspect there will be far fewer funds being directed to things like education and services for poor kids, behavioral health interventions, and the other kinds of things I work on), so I'm accustomed to working in that mindset.

Production of most large budget movies requires working 6 or even 7 days per week at 12-14 hrs per day during their crunch time.

Yeah but what happens when the movie is done?

That's the case for many careers, though, so I don't think they realize that the "real world" is often the same as Hollywood in that regard. Freelancers can be found in all walks of life. And sometimes it's high risk, high reward. Other times you grind it out, develop a network of clients, and make do that way. Honestly, there isn't a lot of stability to be found anywhere nowadays, with our erratic economy, changes in policy where government jobs (even as teachers) come and go, businesses moving jobs overseas so they can capitalize on lax labor and safety regulations, etc. I'm not going to raise my kids to have any expectations for stable careers. Instead, I will push them to diversify their skill set so that they can be flexible, and capitalize on the opportunities that come to them.

Freelancers are mostly found in artistic fields. Or at least it is harder in this field.

I dont agree that happens in all walks of life. U can have stability in the medical field or dentistry or accounting etc.

Of course, there are certain fields where you can have more stability, but unless you are in a very high demand field like medicine, there are no guarantees. The world is getting less and less stable in that regard, because you have to compete, not only against others in your locale, but often with individuals living in other states or even other countries, as technology removes those barriers. Add automation of production (which is more responsible for the loss of production jobs in the U.S. than transfer of jobs due to globalization has been) and the freedom of ideas due to the internet into that equation, and the problem gets expounded.

Consulting is a catch-all term for what a lot of people do, that constitutes free-lancing. And you have management consultants, image/marketing consultants, program development/evaluation consultants, etc. People who do software or skills trainings and the like often also fall into this category, as do many lawyers, most of which can't rely on major companies/wealthy patrons, or aren't being kept on retainer.

Back