1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, do we think that the clear plastic parts are removable? That seems to be the question...

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
The except the ones shown, they are not--and you wouldn't want to remove them anyway because they are the whole sculpt of the armour. The body underneath wouldn't look right without them (see the shoulder rims for the most obvious example).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

So, do we think that the clear plastic parts are removable? That seems to be the question...

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
They're not all removeable, which is the stupid decision on HT's part. They include swap out parts for certain sections but the most you're going to get is what you see in the picture below.

Back, shoulders, neck, abs, undies and the foot is stuck as being clear. They're also probably glued in so removing them will probably crack the plastic.

They're also most likely to yellow over time like every other clear plastic out there so hey throw that onto the pile of issues with this figure. :dunno

xbeLc0q.jpg

Even if the come out and add more interchangeable red plates, I still don’t think I’d bite due to the grey blotches all over the gold sections.

I get them wanting to do something 'artsy' and letting the designers express their creative freedoms, but this thing is so close to an actual 'real world' comic interpretation it's infuriating. If they did something like this I wouldn't be half as annoyed....still wouldn't buy it though.

06c0cd8a021fa034d6770e0f00842794.jpg

A classic case of Hot Toys overextending and trying to be clever when there was no reason to be. Just seems like a huge swing and a miss. Hard to see someone over there thinking that their sales of a diecast iron man figure being grown more than it already has by adding these clear parts so seems like a failed aesthetic choice. I can see taking a risk like this on perhaps a lesser popular character, but for the classic iron man, i am left scratching my head.

If they wanna do artsy stuff fine, they've done it before, but I don't think they should be doing anything artsy and then putting it in the Comic Masterpiece line, unless it's a variant.

If they wanna do artsy stuff fine, they've done it before, but I don't think they should be doing anything artsy and then putting it in the Comic Masterpiece line, unless it's a variant.

Agreed! I know they used the word "Inspired" in their description too but that's such a grey area, Sideshow's line is also "Inspired" by the comics but manages to not stray far from the design.

I think they just wanted to do something like endgame iron man, cause that's what this reminds me of.. Just Hot Toys core armor design is more true to the classic look

Why can't any of these companies do actual comic lines? None of this "inspired by" crap, but instead figures specific to covers, artists, etc. That's why I've never bought any of Sideshow's overpriced "interpretations".

Kinda funny when a 25 year old ToyBiz figure is more of a true comic accurate figure than a $400 one is.

It's a shame they didn't lift Cafu's design from the current comics; this is probably as good as a modern update of the classic armour is likely to get:

8cf81d32f8e1dc016e10238a0e03a05d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's a shame they didn't lift Cafu's design from the current comics; this is probably as good as a modern update of the classic armour is likely to get:

8cf81d32f8e1dc016e10238a0e03a05d.jpg

This looks cool, but the giant arc reactors on his boots and elbow area are a bit overkill in my opinion.

I get them wanting to do something 'artsy' and letting the designers express their creative freedoms, but this thing is so close to an actual 'real world' comic interpretation it's infuriating. If they did something like this I wouldn't be half as annoyed....still wouldn't buy it though.

View attachment 510782

Sheesh that looks so stupid

It does give you the shielding effect, but I still don't like the plastic.

Back