1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the plastic overlay on this figure looks terrible no matter what. Maybe if you get the right angle with the right lighting conditions it will look decent. But I'm not paying over $400 to fight and struggle to get a figure to look just decent on my display.

lol i am still laughing so hard at how hot toys could have messed up such a no brainer release with these nasty plastic parts

A high quality comic line would have completely revitalized Marvel Hot Toys for me but if they're all like this the line won't last long. Hopefully they learned a lesson with all the feedback for War Machine.

All about the sales. If people complain but still buy it, it falls right into HT hands. Could be hated everywhere except Asia, where they love Iron Man. If sales are big there, there will be more.

A high quality comic line would have completely revitalized Marvel Hot Toys for me but if they're all like this the line won't last long. Hopefully they learned a lesson with all the feedback for War Machine.
If past Hot Toys’ lines are any indication, if sales are subpar they don’t take it to heart that perhaps they missed the mark - they just drop the line entirely.

Last edited:
All about the sales. If people complain but still buy it, it falls right into HT hands. Could be hated everywhere except Asia, where they love Iron Man. If sales are big there, there will be more.

Well that is what makes the plastic parts so confusing. I am sure people will still buy it, but it seems the majority opinion is that the plastic is lame. They could have removed the plastic parts and sold much more here.

Well, it looks awful... Good news for my wallet I guess. Wake me up if they make Extemis or Superior or Iron Doom and they're not covered in plastic. Seriously, it looks as if you took a figure from the plastic box but haven't removed all of the coverings yet. I genuinely don't know how they think. I really don't. I could've understood it somewhat if the whole figure was covered, but the exposed feet, hands, legs, arms and whatnot just make it look worse than badly designed, they make it look incomplete. Shame, this could've been a great figure...

It's so close to awesome. When I first saw it, I was like, "Rad! ...but what's that weird coating?" I guess it makes sense for a guy called IRON Man to be covered in translucent crystal. Maybe he plays a lot of Minecraft.

God that clear plastic looks so bad. It still blows my mind how they ruined such an awesome figure with one of their dumbest decisions ever.

173874810_3913835265351719_5280831824626226298_n.jpg

I wouldnt buy this **** for 40 nevermind 400.

Here are some non professional photos that dont try to make it look as good as possible. This is how its gonna look in your display.

a243ad892cbb688ec86300e88573cae1.jpg

bcf057d4efb242619441025823a85c86.jpg

fa555206d97194bfbb24c9019158c357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back