1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks wonderful...doesn't remind me of this figure at all.

roboto05-hand_full.jpg

:slap

You what would make this look amazing...
No plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few rare instances I can remember of Hot Toys listening to any feedback. You guys think there's any chance they'll do it here?
This is complicated by the fact that this figure was designed in collaboration with an artist for whom the whole clear plastic shell is part of their style. And people who’ve said they hate the look have also said they’re buying it anyhow. So I would not expect Hot Toys to take any feedback to heart here, no.

This is complicated by the fact that this figure was designed in collaboration with an artist for whom the whole clear plastic shell is part of their style. And people who’ve said they hate the look have also said they’re buying it anyhow. So I would not expect Hot Toys to take any feedback to heart here, no.

I'd have to agree regarding the artist argument.

Although I can't see it being that hard for them to make the currently non-removable clear plastic parts removable. Therefore people could keep the clear parts on as intended if they wanted to, or remove all or as many they would like.

But at this point knowing Hot Toys they'll probably keep it as it is, and leave the rest to customisers to show anyone who wants to how remove those final clear pieces.

Yep everyone bitches but still hands over their money anyway. Can't expect change if you just go along with it anyway.

I'd have to agree regarding the artist argument.

Although I can't see it being that hard for them to make the currently non-removable clear plastic parts removable. Therefore people could keep the clear parts on as intended if they wanted to, or remove all or as many they would like.

But at this point knowing Hot Toys they'll probably keep it as it is, and leave the rest to customisers to show anyone who wants to how remove those final clear pieces.

Yep everyone bitches but still hands over their money anyway. Can't expect change if you just go along with it anyway.
Can’t also rule out the possibility that the collaboration will bring in all-new collectors in the Asian market where this may be genuinely popular. I cannot fault them for catering to specific markets when I’m begging them to revisit 80s classic American sci-fi characters who are a total niche compared to their high-volume figures like Iron Man, Dark Knight, Mandalorian, etc

Can’t also rule out the possibility that the collaboration will bring in all-new collectors in the Asian market where this may be genuinely popular. I cannot fault them for catering to specific markets when I’m begging them to revisit 80s classic American sci-fi characters who are a total niche compared to their high-volume figures like Iron Man, Dark Knight, Mandalorian, etc

I agree with you on that.

I think when so many of us have adverse reactions to a figure or hate/or are confused by a design choice it is easy to forget that many people globally might find that same figure or design choice really interesting or compelling ...and more than worthy of their cash.

I agree with you on that.

I think when so many of us have adverse reactions to a figure or hate/or are confused by a design choice it is easy to forget that many people globally might find that same figure or design choice really interesting or compelling ...and more than worthy of their cash.

Blast those Anime people! Only if they liked OT Star Wars we could have all of our figures by now!

I think this is as objectively bad choice for a figure if there ever was one.

Yes some may really like it. But I think 75% of collectors do not.

I think this is as objectively bad choice for a figure if there ever was one.

Yes some may really like it. But I think 75% of collectors do not.

You may be right that only 25% of the collectors out there will be interested in this figure and I am perfectly fine with that. Let those 25% enjoy the hell out of an Iron Man that I don’t care for. Meanwhile, I will just have a deeper appreciation for my MK 46 that I love!

I'm sure they knew when they made it that a lot of people would not like it but that enough people would to go ahead and do it.

First time I post in this thread after following it daily and reading all the criticism.

So, to be clear, I?ve already POed it.

However I?m torn. My first reaction was yeah, Classic IM! Then WTF? Then what are the odds we truly see a really classic one one day from HT, then, oh! Hell, could work as a sort of energy shield and made my peace with it. Would have REALLY preferred no plastic shells, but can?t say I completely hate it.

Well I can understand buying or PO something that looks great but has 1 thing wrong/off that you hope is fixed by release. i.e; eventually I?ll PO the Ashoka Tano(the Mandalorian), but sculpt is off. Hopefully like Endgame Capt. they make improvements :) [emoji1696]

This Iron Man on the other hand... NO HOPE

As much as I am disappointed by the dumbest decision ever from HT that all the clear parts are non removeable, I am still tempted to get this. I still think it does kinda look cool, and I actually like the details on the gold arms and legs. But the real worry is the discoloration of the clear plastic over time.

This would've been my 1st DC Iron Man, and a day one PO (1st in a looong time), if they just did what the fans actually wanted. Maybe this will get some discounts down the road. This is something I definitely need to see in hand pics of before I ever decide I want it.

And don't worry guys, I got you covered. If I decide to get this, HT will most assuredly announce a repaint without the clear bits right after this one is released and in my hands.... :rotfl

Back