1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedievaL

Super Freak
Reaction score
"He lives. He walks. He conquers." Iron Man

The appearance of Iron Man in the 1960s did not only introduce a wardrobe of high-tech armored suits to fans, but also maintained a regular presence among the members of Avengers. His hulking gray costume in the early days was later redesigned to an ever-sleeker suit of armor that hewed to a red and gold color theme which is still significant until today.

Going back to the origins of our favorite super heroes, Hot Toys is bringing The Origins Collection which takes inspiration from the pages of classic Marvel Comics.

To kick of the collection, Hot Toys is pleased to introduce the Iron Man Suit Armor (Deluxe Version) as a diecast 1/6th scale collectible figure with re-imaginated crystal armors, and a specially designed Tony Starks Workshop themed diorama base to enhance the collecting experience.

Exquisitely crafted based on Iron Man in Marvel Comics, the highly detailed figure features a newly crafted helmet head with LED-light up function; intricate design of the Iron Man armor and structure illustrating its mechanical detail; carefully painted in red and gold coloring with a metallic appearance; crystal clear armor parts, interchangeable mask and armor parts for different styles of display; LED light-up functions scattered throughout the upper body, Arc Reactor on chest and palms; multiple pairs of interchangeable hands for iconic poses.

The deluxe version includes a signature Iron Man suitcase with articulated function, also an elaborated diorama figure base with LED light up function, allowing fans to explore Tony Stark?s high-tech workshop straight from the comic pages, includes articulated gantry arms, extra armor parts, and holographic screen accessories.

Suit up your Marvel collection with the one-of-a-kind Iron Man figure!

#HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale #Marvel #MarvelComics #IronMan

IMG_5686.jpg
IMG_5687.jpg
IMG_5689.jpg
IMG_5690.jpg
IMG_5691.jpg
IMG_5692.jpg
IMG_5693.jpg
IMG_5694.jpg
IMG_5695.jpg
IMG_5696.jpg
IMG_5697.jpg
IMG_5698.jpg
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5700.jpg
IMG_5701.jpg
IMG_5726.jpg

Last edited:
One of the more exciting releases Hot Toys has done in a while. What the hell is up with the clear pieces though?! Like why? Honestly almost ruins the entire thing. I hope all those clear pieces are able to come off.

This alongside Classic Spidey is gonna look great though. Hope they do a classic Cap & Thor.

I would have got this if it didn't have the clear plastic gimmick. Its Iron Man so there's going to be a re-paint down the line.

It's cool but those clear plastic pieces kill it for me so hard pass. Unless they do another version without the clear plastic then I'll buy it. I also agree if they do Classic Comic Captain america and Thor I will lose it. Lol

Well this is new I guess...HT branching outside of the movie series...kinda cool, but it's a no from me. What the heck the clear plastic pieces supposed to emulate though???

At first I thought 'is this HT trying to change their ways' then it dawned on me that it's another Iron Man and instead of doing it how people would want it, they make some weird design decisions and spoil it...so more of the same. Hopefully they do more traditional versions of the others.

Not into Iron Man, but I'm happy to see them finally branching out into the comics. Hope to see some X-Men and Captain America stuff.

Hot Toys doing Marvel Comic figures is both a dream and a nightmare come true. If the clear plastic is able to come off, I'm probably in for this. Although I hope they'll announce a Tony Stark at sometime. I dread to think of an entire line of HT Comic Iron Men. Secretary, Extremis, Believe, Modular, Superior... Jeez. A Superior would be a Day -1 buy for me. Maybe even an Infamous/Iron Doom? Now that'd be a grail. Still, if they're able to do both comic figures, and also stuff from that Future Fight game, I'm both fearful and excited about what it'll bring. I've put a limit to myself of only a select few characters, otherwise I'd go completely overboard, but in any case I'm wondering if they'll make them. I'm especially rooting for Doom, since he's an armoured character, so you'd think they'd like to take a crack at him. Doctor Strange too, since the movies refuse to give him the gloves and extravagant costume.

Anyhow, this is a pretty welcome surprise. Makes me kinda regret Pre-Ordering the Endgame figure now. Between all its flaws and the only reason I POed being that it was close to the Modular, I'm having second thoughts... Hell, if PopCultcha at least contacted me. I've sent three different emails since COVID and I never got a response. The figure's been in-stock for a while now, and I've had no invoices sent to me. I've basically paid 100 euros and the whole thing's in limbo. I can't even cancel it. I'm probably never ordering from there again.

If they would have done a straight comic book version it would’ve been epic but the clear pieces and putting their own spin on it is so Sideshow it’s awful. Why not just make a true to form comic version and rake in the dough?

You can sell more figures this way. Miss the mark, then re-paint! $$$ C'mon man!

There are pics on Facebook of the regular version that shows the clear pieces off some parts of it. So, at least some come off, possible all.

170408184_10157941828257344_7766579112208733251_n.jpg

I spent ten minutes seeing if all the clear pieces are removable. I shouldn't have to do that. My first refkex was to check for a Tony sculpt, a huge oversight as well. No likeness rights to worry about.

I spent ten minutes seeing if all the clear pieces are removable. I shouldn't have to do that. My first refkex was to check for a Tony sculpt, a huge oversight as well. No likeness rights to worry about.

Why they don't have a picture with no clear pieces is beyond me lol. Almost everyone I've seen of the few hundred comments on facebook despise those pieces.

Hot Toys doing Marvel Comic figures is both a dream and a nightmare come true. If the clear plastic is able to come off, I'm probably in for this. Although I hope they'll announce a Tony Stark at sometime. I dread to think of an entire line of HT Comic Iron Men. Secretary, Extremis, Believe, Modular, Superior... Jeez. A Superior would be a Day -1 buy for me. Maybe even an Infamous/Iron Doom? Now that'd be a grail. Still, if they're able to do both comic figures, and also stuff from that Future Fight game, I'm both fearful and excited about what it'll bring. I've put a limit to myself of only a select few characters, otherwise I'd go completely overboard, but in any case I'm wondering if they'll make them. I'm especially rooting for Doom, since he's an armoured character, so you'd think they'd like to take a crack at him. Doctor Strange too, since the movies refuse to give him the gloves and extravagant costume.

Anyhow, this is a pretty welcome surprise. Makes me kinda regret Pre-Ordering the Endgame figure now. Between all its flaws and the only reason I POed being that it was close to the Modular, I'm having second thoughts... Hell, if PopCultcha at least contacted me. I've sent three different emails since COVID and I never got a response. The figure's been in-stock for a while now, and I've had no invoices sent to me. I've basically paid 100 euros and the whole thing's in limbo. I can't even cancel it. I'm probably never ordering from there again.

Hmm that's interesting to hear you're having a negative experience with PopCultcha. I've only ordered from them once, but they were fantastic! Their response time could have been better, but overall they came through when it mattered most.

Back