1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT sees these as 'art', then goes all Hasbro with the re-issues and repaints.

Is anyone still on debate whether the back pieces are removable? Apparently I have too much free time on my hand.

IM.jpg

It would still have that god awful random silver panelling on the arms and legs though. They must have thought 'hmmm...something's not quite right about having all gold arms and legs....ah ha!!! NEEDS MORE GIRAFFE!""

Is anyone still on debate whether the back pieces are removable? Apparently I have too much free time on my hand.

View attachment 510506
They are almost definitely glued down and the pegs are there for alignment purposes, not because the pieces are meant to be removed. Most plastic toys have pegs like that on the inside.

It's a moot point anyway; even if you broke them all off, all you'd be left with is an emaciated Iron Man with half his armor sculpt just missing.

Unless they completely redesign this figure, which will not happen, we are not getting a classic Iron Man out of this. If you want that, you'll have to commission a painter to repaint your clear pieces. Mike Yuan will probably do it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

For me these are the Armours I'd have a hard time passing:

Iron-Men.jpg

I'd also find it very hard to resist these two Dark Reign ones:

3a40c89173b2e1d39aefcc12ad497d15.jpg

Modular for the 90s, Secretary/Extremis & Ultimate for the 00s, Bleeding Edge & NOW! for the 10s, and Superior & Infamous as novelties. They'd kill my wallet but I'd have to have them. I ordered the Endgame version because it's the closest to the Modular, and also because I figured his final outing was a good overall representation of MCU Stark. I'd also really like a normal, comic-based Stark as well. Just base him off Jon Hamm.

URcSkBv34BY.jpg

And I may be the only one, but I liked early 00s fade-out/messy haired pretty bad boy Tony.

Iron-Man-037-018.jpg

Give him a suitcase, a business desk with holograms, a special IM helmet, some gadgets and there's your figure.

d600c983f3423c5882853eda91b6f457.jpg

d0db239bfbebfe17ea695f61a8c52a00.jpg

For me I would have a lot of trouble passing on the Neo Classic armour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me these are the Armours I'd have a hard time passing:

Iron-Men.jpg

I'd also find it very hard to resist these two Dark Reign ones:

3a40c89173b2e1d39aefcc12ad497d15.jpg

Modular for the 90s, Secretary/Extremis & Ultimate for the 00s, Bleeding Edge & NOW! for the 10s, and Superior & Infamous as novelties. They'd kill my wallet but I'd have to have them. I ordered the Endgame version because it's the closest to the Modular, and also because I figured his final outing was a good overall representation of MCU Stark. I'd also really like a normal, comic-based Stark as well. Just base him off Jon Hamm.

URcSkBv34BY.jpg

And I may be the only one, but I liked early 00s fade-out/messy haired pretty bad boy Tony.

Iron-Man-037-018.jpg

Give him a suitcase, a business desk with holograms, a special IM helmet, some gadgets and there's your figure.
Ha, oh man, seeing the Superior Iron Man armour just reminded me how when Bendis picked up the title he didn't bother to explain how Iron Man got un-inverted. No editor on the business seems to have the balls to tell Bendis "No", so he just bounces from title to title, breaking all the toys in the box.

I mean, if you want comic book figures in 1/6. Hasbro has tried it with the 12 inch Marvel Legends that failed. Do you think a Hot Toys one will sell?

But come to think of it, I believe HT doesn't have the comic book license. So far they've only release figures from movies, games and concept arts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I mean, if you want comic book figures in 1/6. Hasbro has tried it with the 12 inch Marvel Legends that failed. Do you think a Hot Toys one will sell?

But come to think of it, I believe HT doesn't have the comic book license. So far they've only release figures from movies, games and concept arts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think if the exact same figure that is being previewed looked like this:

7060bb438b41ea701c44d882e19bb597.jpg

It would be one of the greatest Hot Toys of all time. That is how well I think it would sell and be received.

Credit Dave_W; thank you so much for showing us what this could and should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, oh man, seeing the Superior Iron Man armour just reminded me how when Bendis picked up the title he didn't bother to explain how Iron Man got un-inverted. No editor on the business seems to have the balls to tell Bendis "No", so he just bounces from title to title, breaking all the toys in the box.

Bendis gonna Bendis. His IM run was a travesty, period. Oddly enough I liked his Iron Doom. Bendis writes pretty much everyone OOC and turns them into a hyperactive Californian girl, but everytime he's written Doom he's done... pretty good, actually. I honestly can't believe I'm saying this, but... yeah. I'd love an HT Iron Doom:

Infamous_Iron_Man_1_Ribic_Variant.jpg

And obviously a Superony:

616sOPQ0P8L.jpg

Goddamn that was one sexy suit.

Credit Dave_W; thank you so much for showing us what this could and should be.

No problem. I only wish I could make it myself if HT won't. I'll be sure to do a Warmachine version when that goes up too.

HT are repeatedly updating their post about this all weekend. Tweaking wording and descriptions. They know they ****ed up.

I wonder what they're planning with their War Machine now that majority seems very vocal about their dislike of this.

I wonder what they're planning with their War Machine now that majority seems very vocal about their dislike of this.

I would guess they would decide from how sales are going. They stuck with the neon line even though it wasn't that well received but they must have sold well enough to make more.

So this is based off of some super random art idea.
World where robots have taken over and the outer translucent skin reveals the machine within...........
.......MAN WTF!!!!???

And than you somehow tie that into a comic book release of Iron Man???

How the hell?!

I want what that artist guy is smoking and the individual that okayed this, I want what he/she is smoking too!

0iSSWKE.gif

Bendis gonna Bendis. His IM run was a travesty, period. Oddly enough I liked his Iron Doom. Bendis writes pretty much everyone OOC and turns them into a hyperactive Californian girl, but everytime he's written Doom he's done... pretty good, actually. I honestly can't believe I'm saying this, but... yeah. I'd love an HT Iron Doom:

Infamous_Iron_Man_1_Ribic_Variant.jpg

And obviously a Superony:

616sOPQ0P8L.jpg

Goddamn that was one sexy suit.
Yeah, Infamous Iron Man is one of the few modern Bendis projects I actually enjoyed. His DC work has been especially frustrating. There's this moment where a random character (who should have no special knowledge of the situation) casually mentions that the villain of the arc was created by Jor-El... A fact not implied by any other given information and never explained beyond this throwaway dialogue. I had to google the matter just to confirm that I had not, in fact, missed some crucial revelation. He just straight up never explained it. Drove me crazy.

His dialogue has also become really challenged, with characters constantly interjecting with non-sequitors, or uncharacteristic or shifting viewpoints that make the actual thrust of the conversation difficult to find.

I bought em' ��*♂️ The only ones I missed were the Hulk and the Black Panther. They aren't bad for $50 - I got mine on Amazon for like $25 each too so even better lol Some of the designs could of been better but who knows what goes through Hasbro's minds.

Not sure who has what in terms of licensing but Hot Toys are releasing the Marvel Zombies Deadpool (Which if you ask me, I think they should have started with Zombie Colonel America but what do I know, I only read the comic..)

@Johnny Utah @GDZILLA95 @darthkostis

Agree %100! IMO His absolute, without a shadow of a doubt, best armor he has ever had!(Tied with Superior Iron Man) I'd buy it so fast. So many companies sleep on it too smh�� :(

Back