Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my invoice from Kit this morning. I paid that sucker so fast. I have the Dynamic Duo in the mail already and then I'll have Joker soon too. Hopefully they both arrive around the same time!

I've been rewatching the show as well recently, and Joker's outfit really does seem to go through serious color change from season one to season three. I don;t know if its new calibrations on technicolor or whatever they used back then, or new color grading now, or they actually made a more "hot pink" vibrant suit later in the show but it does seem to go from a darker, more purplish "pink" in the first season -- where the lighting was much more shadowy as well -- to a more bright "hot pink" by season 3.

This figure looks much closer to season 3.

I'm wondering, does anyone plan to dip the entire outfit into a purple dye bath to make it closer to season 1?

I've been rewatching the show as well recently, and Joker's outfit really does seem to go through serious color change from season one to season three. I don;t know if its new calibrations on technicolor or whatever they used back then, or new color grading now, or they actually made a more "hot pink" vibrant suit later in the show but it does seem to go from a darker, more purplish "pink" in the first season -- where the lighting was much more shadowy as well -- to a more bright "hot pink" by season 3.

This figure looks much closer to season 3.

I'm wondering, does anyone plan to dip the entire outfit into a purple dye bath to make it closer to season 1?
Interesting. Since these are more or less figures from the movie I wonder if it matches that too.

After seeing that the stitching on the Prison Joker’s pants stayed orange after a Rit dye bath I’d be concerned they’d stay bright pink on his suit.

You'd have to repaint all those hands too if you go that route.
Interesting. Since these are more or less figures from the movie I wonder if it matches that too.
I recently watched the movie about two weeks ago and the Joker's suit seems to match pretty closely there with what we got on the figure.

the stitching on the Prison Joker’s pants stayed orange after a Rit dye bath I’d be concerned they’d stay bright pink on his suit.

Good to know. Stitching always needs to be considered before dying. So yeah, the hot pink will definitely "pop" (in a bad way) if one were to darken the suit to a more purple hue.

Royal Mail confirmed delivery will be this morning.

Ironically, the Joker will be arriving in the custody of two military policemen. The DID Feldgendarmerie left Kit the day before Joker, and were cunning enough to wait for the Clown Prince of Crime to catch up so they could nab him. :bat2:

Joker 2.0:

100_4775.JPG
100_4777.JPG
100_4778.JPG

As you can see from the last photo, the waistcoat fastening is a mess.

The fabric holding the magnets has been stuck so that part of it sticks out beyond the edge of the waistcoat. However, it's movable and I've managed to push it back into place so that it's now completely hidden.

Looking at my Joker 1.0, I just realised that the magnets are a completely new solution. The original release used black plastic poppers, which show at certain angles. So that's one improvement with the re-issue:

100_4782.JPG

His shirt collar is the next thing to fix.

The shirt collar on this one is bad. It's not big enough to go around his neck far enough, so it gapes too far apart.

Without the sculpt you can pull the two halves together perfectly, so I've glued it closed, and hope I can still get the neck of the sculpt through the opening. :panic:

Looks like the tie got better but the shirt got worse. Nice that they put magnets on the waistcoat though. I really hate the black poppers on the original. I'm going to see about replacing them with some clear plastic ones I recently got in as I don't think the magnets I have that are small enough would be strong enough to keep it closed unfortunately.

Looks like the tie got better but the shirt got worse. Nice that they put magnets on the waistcoat though. I really hate the black poppers on the original. I'm going to see about replacing them with some clear plastic ones I recently got in as I don't think the magnets I have that are small enough would be strong enough to keep it closed unfortunately.

I think the tie is the same.

The shirt is pretty bad. I did manage to get the sculpt on again, but it was a struggle to get the collar back up into place. It's still not as neat as the 1.0. I'm not going to be changing the head on this one again.

The magnets are stuck to a piece of fabric, which is then stuck to the waistcoat. It had a tendency to creep back over the edge, but it has to be pretty close otherwise the waistcoat won't close properly.

The stickiness is also now wearing off, so I'll probably have to glue it on.

Joker 1.0 gave me a good feeling. Joker 2.0 is having the opposite effect.

Getting to the hands I have two identical right grips and no left trigger.

I had my doubts about Mars Toys' competence when the Pagliacci and Penitentiary Jokers arrived. This Joker 2.0 **** show isn't helping their cause.

Joker 2.0:

100_4790.JPG

After pulling the magnet strip off and gluing it where it should've been put in the factory, the waistcoat is a visual improvement over the 1.0 since it eradicates any unsightly glimpse of the poppers.

The shirt collar is a definite downgrade from the 1.0. I don't know whether this was a one-off error, or whether they changed the pattern. Even when glued shut the two halves of the collar sit wider apart, while the sculpt neck just fits inside. I wouldn't want to change the sculpt again because of the difficulty of getting the collar back in place afterwards - the neck drags it down, and tries to trap it under itself when plugging it to the body.

100_4787.JPG

Then there's the mistake with the hands - a duplicate grip in place of a trigger finger.

Thank you, Asta, for the early review on version 2.0. Mine is on its way and I will post how my collar looks.

Another option is to have the mask hanging round his neck. I tried it but wasn't sure I liked the way it hung. I might try it again to differentiate the two figures.

I also tested him wearing the mask, but due to the thickness of his hair that didn't look right.

Thanks for the detailed review @Asta :duff

Waistcoat is a definite improvement especially with how you've fixed it.

As for the duplicate hands, I would just email Kit to see about getting replacements for them. He was very quick to respond in helping me get my Saturn Robin figure replacements sorted out that came with a busted elbow and a hole in the leggings.

Back