Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys really dropped the ball on 1966.

I bet there's things going on behind the scenes though. I hope Mars can complete all their intended projects and not fall into the trap HT did.

I did the same thing - ordered all variants, then a second of the "regular attire". The second joker will be in his board shorts on the surfboard diorama I also ordered. I'm thinking the other variants will be in order of clown joker, ledger bank robber joker (masked head), my custom Nicholson joker (still in progress), the inart purple coat joker, then the baseball joker. The inart jail joker will be off by himself, just because the cell diorama is so big.

Eventually, I'll display all of the other mars 1966 villains with HT batman & robin around the batmobile. I've dreamed of that display for years (y)

It's a great time to be a 1966 batman fan, but it would be a PERFECT time if the economy was better ;)
Sounds cool! Curious what your thought process is for how you are displaying them from left to right?

Sounds cool! Curious what your thought process is for how you are displaying them from left to right?
I think you have to put the clown joker next to the bank robber ledger joker just because the ledger mask was based on the Romero mask in one of the first 1966 episodes, plus it's just cool.

The others are just sort of random, but they represent (IMO) the best of the batman jokers and I think it would be pretty thought provoking putting different actors in "similar" outfits next to each other (e.g. Nicholson and purple coat inart). The baseball joker is on the far right to bookend the clown joker on the far left.

Of course, that will probably all change when I get them lined up. OCD works in mysterious ways ;)

Crap! Now I need to buy two more :D The surfboard is actually the only item I did not order from all of the variant options, sort of wish I did now...
I almost skipped the surf board, almost. I figured I had all the variants coming so why not a diorama piece too. I really wanted to support Mars Toys and this line as much as I could.

IMG_8840.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8836.jpeg
    IMG_8836.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
This figure is an absolute triumph! Can't see anything toping this guy for figure of the year. Three superb sculpts, a ton of hands, well tailored suit, lots of accessories and just so much damn fun!

How I wish Hot Toys put the same passion and love into their figures these days. Two sculpts should be the minimum for a non helmeted figure and stop skimping on the hands! I know they have to charge more than third parties but look at Kaustic Plastic, 2-3 sculpts with each figure.

Even those not into the 66 line I think this Joker is well worth picking up. Perfect for a silver age clown with a comic book Batman or Three Jokers style display.

DSC_7781.JPG

DSC_7787.JPG

DSC_7784.JPG

DSC_7791.JPG
DSC_7759.JPG

DSC_7765.JPG

DSC_7774.JPG

Would this style tie in a matte black fabric be closer to what would be considered accurate for Joker? It’s Dino’s latest try at it. I think it looks good and drapes fairly well for the scale.

View attachment 634149

That shape and knot looks more accurate. If he can find a soft velour-like fabric, that would be perfection.

Back