MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a detail I'd ever noticed in the movie but I did notice it on the figure and wondered had I received a faulty figure. First thing I did was look at the box art and sure enough it was missing there too so I breathed a sigh of relief. Good to know it's accurate.

LOL....same thing I did! I went from "Oh god, his kneecap is missing! This sucks!" to "Oh....wow....even his kneecap is missing....I'm impressed!"

Caught the bug when I saw an ebay auction for #67 and #192. This came today. Will use the battle damaged look. I hope the upcoming R2 has the same colours so I can have a helmeted clean head one.

Also bought R3, but that hasn‘t shipped yet.

Attachments

• 318F5CEC-1D3E-4CB9-AC2F-5B216FD5E867.jpeg
    318F5CEC-1D3E-4CB9-AC2F-5B216FD5E867.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Received my BD Robo.
Nothing else to say that it’s just perfection from the sculpt to the paint.
I can’t see how we could have get something better at this scale and price range.
A few years ago I had the BD HT Robocop and, don’t know, something was off in the eyes and look. I think I prefer the Mafex on this point.
Combined with the Regular, it’s one of the best representation of the character to date IMO. And pics don’t do Justice.
Fantastic job Medicom!

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

After choosing the slowest shipping option, I finally received Robo yesterday.
It's a fantastic figure, that I'm not afraid to handle like the Hot Toys one.
It easily has a better sculpted head and battle damage than the Neca.
The face printing turned out exceptionally well on the Weller likeness.
My only complaint is my copy has a loose left knee.
Overall, I'm very happy with it.

I can't wait for these, they look fantastic.

As for the lack of a helmeted head for Robocop - it must be something to do with the fact that it would also need the black collar-piece and this figure presumably has the exposed machinery there. Maybe they can't make that section interchangeable.

As for the lack of a helmeted head for Robocop - it must be something to do with the fact that it would also need the black collar-piece and this figure presumably has the exposed machinery there. Maybe they can't make that section interchangeable.

This. Also, we already got 3 distinct Robocop figures that were helmeted. Two of which had two helmet options.

I got two of the original Robocop 2 release so I don’t need another helmet head. This has great value already. In my eyes, you’re essentially getting a figure two pack for the price of one figure. I loved that zonked out Murphy with the missing limbs. So cool.

Of the 2 1/12 scale companies I've bought from Mafex and Mezco - Mafex is the better in my estimations. I've loved every figure of theirs that I've bought...which I believe is 6. Four different Robocops, their Alien and the Police Shootout T-800. (These latest will bring that to 8, all hit figures IMO)

Whereas Mezco have disappointed me bigtime on 2 out of 3 figures of theirs in my collection - Predator and Keaton Batman have been let-downs, such that I turned down the chance to get their Alien at a BBTS sale price. So far I've only liked Mezco's Reeve Superman.

Yeah, the Mezco Conan was a massive letdown, too. Way too small and the problems that plagued the Conqueror release…

LOVE those deep blues and purples, but without a helmet, this figure is virtually useless for display unless you stick him in the chair from the NECA set. What a stark contrast with the figure from the first movie! Even the super-expensive long sold-out RoboCop 2 figure is gonna look "wrong" next to this guy!

The damaged torso figure adds a lot of value, but man....an extra helmeted head/black collar piece just feel crucial to me.

Obviously I'm dying for a re-release of the earlier RoboCop 2 figure with the proper color, but given their glacial pace of output I can't see that ever happening unless they can squeeze it into their schedule somewhere for an easy cash grab. Gotta believe everyone would gladly re-buy that guy for the improved colors.

Back