MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it

IMG_20230622_165433.jpg

IMG_20230622_160045.jpg

IMG_20230622_160059.jpg

IMG_20230622_160107.jpg

IMG_20230622_160125.jpg

IMG_20230622_165557.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230622_165557.jpg
    IMG_20230622_165557.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
They really have done a wonderful job of miniaturizing Hot Toys. 2 damn-near perfect representations at their respective scales.

Sculpted battle-damage on the abdomen area is one thing they lack.

They really have done a wonderful job of miniaturizing Hot Toys. 2 damn-near perfect representations at their respective scales.

Sculpted battle-damage on the abdomen area is one thing they lack.
Maybe they did not do it to not mess with articulation in the stomach.

HTs figure does not have much damage in that area

BTW....I wanted to try the battle-damaged helmeted head on the new body, but it seems like the pegs are a different size. It's frustrating when they do that stuff, but I wasn't gonna force it and break anything. I was surprised, cause usually MAFEX is very aware about backward compatibility with figures already released.

Also, the chest plate is molded to the torso this time, not removable like it was on the previous releases.

BTW....I wanted to try the battle-damaged helmeted head on the new body, but it seems like the pegs are a different size. It's frustrating when they do that stuff, but I wasn't gonna force it and break anything. I was surprised, cause usually MAFEX is very aware about backward compatibility with figures already released.

Also, the chest plate is molded to the torso this time, not removable like it was on the previous releases.
Maybe they plan to release that as a separate figure. I'd happily buy it.

Just learned something awesome on twitter:

The guy that sculpted Murphy's head revealed that he worked on fan-made garage kits back in the 90s.

They were so good, some of them ended up in the movies. Phil Tippett apparently used his kit for the jetpack scenes in RoboCop 3!

EggvO_ZVgAI5kKe.jpg
DrdlTDeUcAAHNJC.jpg

Also, he revealed that the Murphy head was sculpted along with the regular MAFEX figure first released in 2018, but wasn't allowed for likeness rights reasoning. No idea if the one we just got is the same sculpt or if it has been modified since then.

No wonder the MAFEX stuff looks so much better than the others...

Yeah it’s basically a shrunken down version of the HT Robo (which Isn’t a bad thing). I can’t wait for the Robocop 2 Murphy.

The head and neck articulation is super nice. Having a lot of fun with him.

Yeah, cannot wait for the Blue Murphy from Robo 2. Once I get him, I’ll post a nice group shot of all the Mafex Robos in various poses showing off their uniqueness. A blue Murphy is going in the NECA chair.

My favorite line in recent memory. Really well done.

Got mine today. Looks amazing in the box. Pissing rain all day by the looks of it so when I get home I trust the dogs will understand I aint going out in that and I'll be able to open him right up. :lol

it's a really great figure, and the detail in the paint and sculptwork is the best I've seen in a figure in this scale. but I haven't seen any of the major toy reviewers outside of D_amazing so I'm not sure if people are passing on it.

The head and neck articulation is super nice. Having a lot of fun with him.
It is isn't it? Nice bit of work that even Hot Toys didn't do.

Really hope they put out a helmeted version of full BD Robocop now. That would satisfy my prior regret that I never bought an extra Hot Toys for the purpose.

I haven‘t opened mine yet but just from the first glance through the packaging it looks fantastic. Just a shrunken down version of HT.

I guess RoboCop is kind of a niche character. I don't see any real excitement or buzz about this guy, which is a damn shame. Even the first Terminator from MAFEX seemed to get more buzz than this.

I can't stress enough that this is one of the best action figures I've ever held in my hands. It's ****ing amazing, from the sculpt to the paint to the accessories to the articulation. It's the image of the perfect Murphy figure I've always had in my mind's eye come to life.

I hope everyone is enjoying this work of art as much as I am.

I guess RoboCop is kind of a niche character. I don't see any real excitement or buzz about this guy, which is a damn shame. Even the first Terminator from MAFEX seemed to get more buzz than this.

I can't stress enough that this is one of the best action figures I've ever held in my hands. It's ****ing amazing, from the sculpt to the paint to the accessories to the articulation. It's the image of the perfect Murphy figure I've always had in my mind's eye come to life.

So true. I remember years ago when a RoboCop statue or figure came out there was a huge buzz in the forums. Now not so much sadly.

There's not much to talk about when a figure is executed so well.

It's a beauty though. The articulation is astonishing, the head, the double-jointed elbows, the way you can pull out the shoulders and hips. The ankles and feet give you everything you need. You can raise the shoulders so the peaks go up suitably high as they do in the movie.

I hope the figure is really as robust as he appears to be. I'd hate something to break on him.

It's their loss as it's a great figure, but I hope it's not reflective of the figures sales. Not that it matters, I suppose, but I'd hate to think it would prevent Mafex from exploring an ED-209 or Alex Murphy.

Otherwise, the 1/12 Robocop figure scale is pretty over saturated ATM. Don't think we need any more Robo!

Back