MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man. If that video is any indication, the paint on the face of the production piece actually looks BETTER than the promos.

Oh man. If that video is any indication, the paint on the face of the production piece actually looks BETTER than the promos.

tenor.gif

Some stills from that video review:

vlcsnap-2023-06-17-05h13m59s792.png
vlcsnap-2023-06-17-05h14m19s303.png
vlcsnap-2023-06-17-05h17m16s660.png

Not only is the face (and neck) insanely good, every mm of this sculpt is covered in bullet holes, damage, and weathering. I don't think I've ever seen a 1/12 figure that's essentially a match for Hot Toys quality but half the size, but this one just might do it.

Compare it to my "Chinese special" custom head from a few years ago. Difference is night and day.

robo (4).JPG

I trust those shoulders can be raised up as they actually should be. Bit of a peeve of mine in how people display their Hot Toys with the peaks of the shoulders down low.

I trust those shoulders can be raised up as they actually should be. Bit of a peeve of mine in how people display their Hot Toys with the peaks of the shoulders down low.
I've noticed that too! They can be assuming the shoulders are the same as original. People do the same thing with the Mafex and always have his shoulders too low.

I don't think that many people know how to pose Robo, as Weller always had a certain posture that he would carry himself in.

Some shots from twitter. It's been officially released in Japan!

Fy_bBnEWcAEXxkK.jpg
Fy_bA4qWIAA9rwg.jpg
Fy_bA4kXgAQddcl.jpg
Fy_bBnBWYAIcpIm.jpg

Mine should be delivered on Wednesday evening. I can't wait. I can't believe MAFEX made a figure this good, and is delivering it LESS than a year since it was announced! Unreal.

This looks like "toy of the year" for sure. No way anything else will come close.

Hello,
Thank you for pre-ordering RoboCop (1987) MAFEX No.192 RoboCop (Murphy Head Damaged Ver.) (Standard Grade) from BigBadToyStore!
We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse.
If you are using our Pile of Loot feature, this item will be added to your Pile of Loot. Please review payment information at this time to ensure successful processing of your order.
If you are NOT using our Pile of Loot feature, please review your shipping address and payment information at this time to be sure they are correct. This will ensure the successful processing of your shipment.
If you need to make any changes or updates you can do so by logging in to your BBTS account.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
Sincerely,
BBTS Customer Service

i9TnGOB.gif

It's just amazing. Unreal how good this figure is. I can't believe I got Mezco 89 Batman and Murphy Robo within a few days of each other.

This is my new favorite action figure. I've wanted an "Act III Murphy face reveal/totally trashed body" RoboCop figure since the first time I saw the movie. It took a long time, but it's finally here.

The face is insanely good. I daresay it's better than the Hot Toys (which I don't own but I've seen in person.) It looks better than the prototypes. And it's not just the face; all the mech details in the head are amazing.

The first MAFEX Robo had brilliant paint and sculpt. This is even better. The grungy paint job with dripping fluids and grimy smears is just perfect. There are gashes and bullet holes sculpted into every surface. All the black parts are matte now instead of glossy to show the wear he's taken.

The COBRA cannon looks great. I might try to add a strap to it. There are already hooks sculpted in for a strap. The bloody spike hand is cool. Even the baby food jars are awesome and there's even a newly sculpted hand to hold one.

I lined up my three Mafex Robos. One is "factory fresh"...the second has the battle damaged chest plate and helmet....and the third is this bad boy. They look AMAZING. I wouldn't take the Hot Toys over these. These are exactly what I always wanted. I can't wait for you guys to get yours, too!!

Great to hear it hasn't let you down. Mine is probably still a month away from actually being in my hands. My Mezco Keaton is now in customs but I might give that a few more days to see if they ship that to me without me paying the charges - it's happened more than once.

The face is insanely good. I daresay it's better than the Hot Toys (which I don't own but I've seen in person.)

This is the only thing I dont agree with. IMHO, HotToys Battle Damaged Robocop Murphy head is amazing, sculpt and paint app, for me one of HTs best. I own HTs Robocops and I will have Mafex Robocop soon.

Happy for you, cant wait to have mine

915-roboCop.jpg

Snapped a few pics, but they're lousy. Forgive the mess and lack of backdrops and poor image quality. I'm not a photographer!

Look how far we've come since the 80s...

mfx robo (1).JPG

Here are my three RoboCops, all lined up! I love seeing his progression over the course of the film on display in real life!

mfx robo (3).JPG

Cobra cannon is awesome:

mfx robo (4).JPG

With my other "dream come true" figure, 1989 Batman. Holy crap. If I could just go back in time and give these to myself when I was 12....wow.

mfx robo (2).JPG

(Like I mentioned before, there's all kinds of expensive options and custom capes out there for Batman, but I found the simplest and best option for a nice draping cape is just the cape from the original Black Series Darth Vader figure.)

It really does. The face looks so good in person, it's crazy. The eyes are so lifelike. Looks great from every angle.

Another pic from twitter.

Here you can see how the helmet from the first version is a useful prop.

FzNlx4DakAAawkc.jpg

It's evident when you get them side by side that there's no way the helmet would fit on his head though. The unmasked head is much larger. I imagine it was that way with the real costume, too, what with the layers of prosthetics and all the mech-stuff on the back of his head. Old-fashioned movie magic!

Back