MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first video review of "Renewal" RoboCop is up....

Well, it looks like Medicom actually listened to us....as far as I can tell, this is a proper REPAINT, not just a straight reissue!

maf ren (1).png

maf ren (2).png

maf ren (3).png

maf ren (4).png

Looks to me like he's got the "garish" blues and purples that the helmetless version has!

Even accounting for lighting and all that, look at the difference from the original that @Eukalyptus posted....oh man, is he gonna have to re-buy this guy three times now?

comp.jpeg

On the one hand, this is amazing! On the other hand....arhghgh. I couldn't afford it. Who puts a figure up for preorder a month before it's released?? Nobody does that anymore. It's the holidays. I'm more broke than usual and I'm always broke. So I had to pass on preordering from the Japanese sites and now they're all sold out, leaving only places like BBTS with their big mark-ups. Oh well. Such is life.

Last edited:
The first video review of "Renewal" RoboCop is up....

Well, it looks like Medicom actually listened to us....as far as I can tell, this is a proper REPAINT, not just a straight reissue!

View attachment 680565
View attachment 680566
View attachment 680567
View attachment 680571

Looks to me like he's got the "garish" blues and purples that the helmetless version has!

Even accounting for lighting and all that, look at the difference from the original that @Eukalyptus posted....oh man, is he gonna have to re-buy this guy three times now?

View attachment 680568

On the one hand, this is amazing! On the other hand....arhghgh. I couldn't afford it. Who puts a figure up for preorder a month before it's released?? Nobody does that anymore. It's the holidays. I'm more broke than usual and I'm always broke. So I had to pass on preordering from the Japanese sites and now they're all sold out, leaving only places like BBTS with their big mark-ups. Oh well. Such is life.

Nah, I‘ll get him once. I’m happy with the first release. This one’s helmet doesn’t seem to match the body colors very well. May be different in person. Also, the damaged helmet looks off to me. And tbh the renewal as well as the R2 Murphy are comic colors at best. The purple is more prominent than it should be.

I built my display as an evolution from the R1 steel knight to the (overconfident?) R2 blue hero and slowly back to the steel knight for R3. If you know what I mean. The R2 renewal fits right next to the R2 Murphy head figure. It‘s like poetry, so that it rhymes :acme

I just wish they gave us that chest plate for the R3 as that was reused. And where‘s my police shootout battle damaged Robo with helmet on Mafex?!

The R1 renewal I‘ll skip. I recently got another R3 to display with the data spike. R3 works so well for R1, too. That just leaves the police shootout Murphy to complete the set. I doubt we‘ll get any other character from them. It‘s a niche character, at least we have a good spread of him.

Last edited:
I'm quite interested to see the difference in renewal of the R1 Robocop, but I'm glad that the R2 figure has been corrected!

Not blown away. The original one will do me, though I wouldn't mind getting a loose Murphy head, just as an option if the mood takes me.

Same youtuber just put up a video on the regular RoboCop renewal version.

This one...I do NOT feel bad about missing. They way overdid it with the purple! I think he almost looks like the original Robo 2 version!

Does anyone think this is an improvement??

Look at all this purple!!

purple (1).png
purple (2).png
purple (3).png

Even the battle-damaged parts are all purple!! (And the reviewer put the spike hand on the left wrist. Why is it the "first" reviewers always, without fail, know the least about the properties they're reviewing?)

purple.png

Same youtuber just put up a video on the regular RoboCop renewal version.

This one...I do NOT feel bad about missing. They way overdid it with the purple! I think he almost looks like the original Robo 2 version!

Does anyone think this is an improvement??

Look at all this purple!!

View attachment 680728View attachment 680729View attachment 680730

Even the battle-damaged parts are all purple!! (And the reviewer put the spike hand on the left wrist. Why is it the "first" reviewers always, without fail, know the least about the properties they're reviewing?)

View attachment 680731
I did it as a joke. You’re the first person to actually notice it! Bravo!

You're Kaiju??

Wait, you painted a figure purple as a joke?? Why?

Oh. You put the hand on the wrong arm as a joke. Duh. I'm stupid.

So the purple is real?? Man, that looks bad...I know they have to change the paint scheme a bit to justify the price hike, but sheesh....

You're Kaiju??

Wait, you painted a figure purple as a joke?? Why?

Oh. You put the hand on the wrong arm as a joke. Duh. I'm stupid.

So the purple is real?? Man, that looks bad...I know they have to change the paint scheme a bit to justify the price hike, but sheesh....
I put the hand on as a joke to see if anyone noticed. Nobody did.
The color is purplish but it’s not as bad as the video makes it out. I mean, it’s purple yeah but it isn’t a deal killer for me. It’s actually gown on me a bit since yesterday.

Back when they came out, I got two of the original R1, two of the original R2, so I’m good on not getting these renewal redux versions.

I just wanted my unmasked Robo Murphy’s, and I got em’. I’m Robocop’d out. Not too long ago, we only had the Kenner cap figures and the McFarlane figure, so suffice to say, we’ve gotten to eat pretty good.

When there were flash sales, I got three of the Mafex Robocop 3 Robos for $30 each. That’s my favorite of the “regular” Robocops. Currently looking at one of them sitting in the NECA chair and another one fighting ED-209 and I couldn’t be happier.

Some shots from twitter. Even in different lighting, that purple is just tooooo much. The legs look awful.

GCcWCGZacAAfv3R.jpg
GCcWBFVbwAAsx4I.jpg
GCcV_s5aUAAjRFZ.jpg

Way too oriented R2 in terms of color for my taste.
It doesn’t match with the BD anymore IMO…

The first one was good enough as it was. I doubt it'll ever happen, but, I'd like Mafex to do an ED-209 that was in scale with RoboCop. I have the NECA and I love it, but, their Robo sucks by comparison. It doesn't look too bad posed with the Mafex though, which was the main reason I sought one out.

Yeah, that's been on my wishlist for a long time, but other than that ONE Hulkbuster years ago, I don't think MAFEX has ever or will ever branch out into elaborate BIG figures.

There's an in-scale model kit from Nendoroid, but I don't want a model kit, I want a finished figure! Same with RoboCain. The model kit is impressive, but without professionally applied paint, it'll never fit in next to a MAFEX Robo.

I feel bad for people that missed the first Robo and were excited to get the Renewal version. That excessive purple is such an eyesore. The legs and the back of the head are terrible.

Back