Lobo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of Lobo
lobo-peyton.jpg

The character drawing reminds me if a buff Rob Zombie. :lol

edit: well the pic ^^ disappeared, but I found this.
batman-lobo.jpg1

Is LOBO a Batman villain???

Last edited:
A pretty cool character that i don't know much about... probably should keep it that way so if theres a movie made I won't be expecting anything and I can just enjoy the ride. :rotfl

I love Lobo a ton, but there is a time and a place for him. The time: the 90's. The place: comic books.

There are some parallels between Lobo and Deadpool, so this doesn't shock me. Lobo was really popular once upon a time.

Maintaining the Keith Giffen inspired zaniness of the character would be important, though. If they do dumb it down, or otherwise get the character wrong, it could be a trainwreck that only mediocre comic movie apologists like theNam could appreciate :(

:peace

I love Lobo a ton, but there is a time and a place for him. The time: the 90's. The place: comic books.

I was listening to a radio interview with Harvey Weinstein and he said right now, if you have a superhero/comic book related script, Hollywood will buy it and produce it. It's all that sells right now.

Think about how many comic books there are or have been made. We are going to hear of all kinds of past comics being made in to movies or at least in development.

There are some parallels between Lobo and Deadpool, so this doesn't shock me. Lobo was really popular once upon a time.

Maintaining the Keith Giffen inspired zaniness of the character would be important, though. If they do dumb it down, or otherwise get the character wrong, it could be a trainwreck that only mediocre comic movie apologists like theNam could appreciate :(

:peace

vs. the rectally retentive titty babies who critique minutia as if it were an impending extinction event? :nana:

The Rock would make a great Main Man. This is the one instance where hiring a professional wrestler for a comic book movie makes perfect sense.

It would have to be violent and lewd as all hell, though. I know Rock isn't averse to doing R-rated fare, but it could be a bit much for him if he does Lobo right. I do think he's got the chops to do a good and interesting take on the guy.

Would love to see Lobo vs. Hulk: the movie.

It would have to be violent and lewd as all hell, though. I know Rock isn't averse to doing R-rated fare, but it could be a bit much for him if he does Lobo right. I do think he's got the chops to do a good and interesting take on the guy.

Would love to see Lobo vs. Hulk: the movie.

It's not really much different from combining his character from The Rundown with Driver from Faster. :huh

I never saw Faster. . .but I've assumed Rock was sort of reigning things in at the risk of alienating himself from Disney type movies in the future. Maybe that isn't the case.

Back