List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this doesn't start a trend of silent films in Hollywood. I prefer a little sound with my movies. I guess with silent films the whole silence is golden aspect goes right out the door. If people want to talk on their cell phones it won't matter they won't be talking over the dialogue. :lol

Personally, I really can't imagine that it would.

Motion capture is used for all computer animation now

Not sure how you came up with that but it's wrong. 100% wrong.

Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita and the winner of the category Rango used 0 motion capture. You know what that it is right? The little green suit with all the ping-pong balls on it. Unless you think Jack Black was in a suit doing kung-fu kicks. :lol

Loved seeing Billy back, the bit he did where he was reading their minds had me cracking up. So did Will and Zac.

Glad to see all the love Hugo got.

Although, I thought it was a shame that Harry Potter, the most successful franchise in the industry, 8 films and billions grossed was once again (and for the last time) snubbed.

And seriously, The Artist? Really?

Not sure how you came up with that but it's wrong. 100% wrong.

Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita and the winner of the category Rango used 0 motion capture. You know what that it is right? The little green suit with all the ping-pong balls on it. Unless you think Jack Black was in a suit doing kung-fu kicks. :lol

What Devil said :lecture

I think the Academy will consider stuff like Tintin a regular film. Until, maybe, there's so many films using motion capture that they create a new category :dunno

I don't get all the hate towards The Artist winning. It was an incredible movie. I honestly went it thinking I would hate it I was forced into going since thats what my buddy wanted to go see, but I enjoyed it tremendously. If the reasoning people don't want to see it is because its a silent film I would at least give it a try. You might be surprised.

I don't get all the hate towards The Artist winning. It was an incredible movie. I honestly went it thinking I would hate it I was forced into going since thats what my buddy wanted to go see, but I enjoyed it tremendously. If the reasoning people don't want to see it is because its a silent film I would at least give it a try. You might be surprised.

It's because it's 2012 :rolleyes2

I think a film like The Artist works well because it's a tribute to a by-gone area. But I don't know how successful silent films would be if it became a phase. I think people thought the same thing about musicals - and there have been a handful that have been released over the last decade, but really not too many.

Back