List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Academy will consider stuff like Tintin a regular film. Until, maybe, there's so many films using motion capture that they create a new category :dunno

Well that's the thing: The academy DOES consider Tin Tin an animated film. It was grouped in with the rest of the eligible animated flicks. The problem is, voters DON'T consider it an animated film since it uses Motion Capture. Which is why it didn't get the official nod as a nominee.

So something has to change there.

I knew Artist would win. But it makes no sense. Best Director and Actor. The Actor had no lines. How can he really win best actor. Same with Director. He just had them dance around.

Yeah, it shaped up that way early and you could see it coming. I just don't see anyway The Artist or anyone in it was better than someone who had to or a film that had to do everything.

There's more to acting then words.

There is but words help a bit.

Well that's the thing: The academy DOES consider Tin Tin an animated film. It was grouped in with the rest of the eligible animated flicks. The problem is, voters DON'T consider it an animated film since it uses Motion Capture. Which is why it didn't get the official nod as a nominee.

So something has to change there.

It took them 60 years to give animated features they own awards, so in another 58 years, there might be a motion capture award :lol

I knew Artist would win. But it makes no sense. Best Director and Actor. The Actor had no lines. How can he really win best actor. Same with Director. He just had them dance around. The problem is 80% of the voters are old farts. Oscars are a joke.

I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with the ages of the voters. If anything, pretentious youngsters would go ga-ga over anything society has built up in their minds as "classy" and "timeless." In other words, put out a black-and-white flick with a twenties/thirties flavor and acting quality to match, they'll be eating out of your hands.

The problem is, voters DON'T consider it an animated film since it uses Motion Capture.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with the ages of the voters. If anything, pretentious youngsters would go ga-ga over anything society has built up in their minds as "classy" and "timeless." In other words, put out a black-and-white flick with a twenties/thirties flavor and acting quality to match, they'll be eating out of your hands.

Give me a black and white film based on the 20's or 30's with great acting (talking) and everything else on a top notch level I'd go see it.

Give me a black and white film based on the 20's or 30's with great acting (talking) and everything else on a top notch level I'd go see it.

Sadly The Artist wasn't it. It seems like the voters' eyes did most of the thinking this time around. If movies like this become a fad, we might see better-quality stuff in the same style... then again, this becoming a fad isn't too appealing a thought either.

Sadly The Artist wasn't it. It seems like the voters' eyes did most of the thinking this time around. If movies like this become a fad, we might see better-quality stuff in the same style... then again, this becoming a fad isn't too appealing a thought either.

:exactly::exactly:

I haven't seen every pic this past year. From what I did...Best Picture.....Rise of the Planet of the Apes.....Best Suporting Actor...Alan Rickman..Prof. Snape in HP DH part 2...And Andy Serkis Best Actor as Ceaser from Rise of the Apes....

Geez, Angelina needs to eat a Triple Bypass burger!
Seriously, that boney ____ is not attractive. :monkey4

Now on the other hand, J-Lo, with the nip-slip, has got the right curves.

They all need to be fired and we need a whole new academy with lots of diverse people.

I hope they didn't vote for The Artist for nostalgic reasons. :cuckoo:

There was a followup on some radio show where the writer of the article said that cpl of the voters had indeed made silent movies back in the day.lol

I gave up on watching after Slumdog won back in 2007. it was a good movie but as a kid growing up in Sri Lanka I saw alot of those same kind of local and Bollywood movies.

as for the Artist. Its a good but not great movie. When I think of that era of silent movies etc Id like to think " Singing in the Rain " was a better portrayal of that time.

Yeah, don't they just have to pay 25K to get a star?

How about everyone going on about Angie's leg pose - seems the joke in Hollywood right now :lol

417335_10150647116093501_27427023500_9184597_343793901_n.jpg

Back